Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 415377 times)

Redblossom

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2013, 03:04:21 PM »
Taking all things into consideration, I think its very fair  to say no one opened the shutter or window from the outside

Offline pegasus

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2013, 12:02:06 AM »
Having opened both the shutter and the window by the three-stage method which other posters described earlier in this thread, which statistically works for a percentage of attempts, it is interesting to note that of the three stages, it is the third stage makes the greatest noise. Next consider the scenario, if having just completed the opening of window and shutter, but not having climbed in yet, the petty burglar suddemly hears and/or sees movement inside. Every petty burglar would in this scenario, for fear of getting caught, immediatley and rapidly sneak away, and would certainly not enter.
So we would see afterwards an open shutter and an open window, but with no damage, and paradoxically a bed next to the the window with no footprints, and no missing passports jewellery etc. The reason for the paradox being that the petty burglar is interupted by something, so he never enters, and takes absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:14:19 AM by pegasus »

Redblossom

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »
Having opened both the shutter and the window by the three-stage method which other posters described earlier in this thread, which statistically works for a percentage of attempts, it is interesting to note that of the three stages, it is the third stage makes the greatest noise. Next consider the scenario, if having just completed the opening of window and shutter, but not having climbed in yet, the petty burglar suddemly hears and/or sees movement inside. Every petty burglar would in this scenario, for fear of getting caught, immediatley and rapidly sneak away, and would certainly not enter.
So we would see afterwards an open shutter and an open window, but with no damage, and paradoxically a bed next to the the window with no footprints, and no missing passports jewellery etc. The reason for the paradox being that the petty burglar is interupted by something, so he never enters, and takes absolutely nothing.

They could only open the window if it was left open, to be slid across...the  mccanns say it was closed....the shutter if rolled up enough from the outside, they would have to reach in and raise it from the  proper mechanism to keep it up as Kate Mccann said it was found.....otherwise it would just roll back down....the windiw and shutted were not opened and raised from outside....Imo

Offline pegasus

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »
They could only open the window if it was left open, to be slid across...the  mccanns say it was closed....the shutter if rolled up enough from the outside, they would have to reach in and raise it from the  proper mechanism to keep it up as Kate Mccann said it was found.....otherwise it would just roll back down....the windiw and shutted were not opened and raised from outside....Imo

Assuming the shutter is closed, my opinion is
If the window is closed, and afterwards the top button is pressed, then a burglar cannot gain entry without force.
If the window is closed, and aftyerwards the top button not pressed, then a burglar can gain entry without force.
I will post the video I learned this from.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »
A very useful video of the window is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTNXowdzksI

If you carefully watch the last minute of this video (commencing at 8 minutes and 30 seconds) over and over, it is possible to work out exactly:
What the upper button does,
What the lower button does,
What the hole in the outer sliding frame is for,
Whether or not there is an angled latch-plate next to that hole,
Whether the window auto-locks or not.

P.S. its in portugeuse but no problem as it is best watched without audio, because all the information about the mechanism is visual.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:58:39 PM by pegasus »

Redblossom

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
The window when shut autolocks so not accessible to open from outside, bit lost here now....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2013, 11:33:28 PM »
I think the window does not auto-lock.
I worked this out by watching many times MF closing the window in the video.
If you simply close the window, its status is unlocked.
After closing the window, to lock it requires the further deliberate action of pressing the upper button. IMO.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2013, 11:44:32 PM »
Inspector Rebelo and his team also paid lots of attention to the window. I remember the photos of them playing with the window.

Redblossom

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2013, 11:57:42 PM »
I think the window does not auto-lock.
I worked this out by watching many times MF closing the window in the video.
If you simply close the window, its status is unlocked.
After closing the window, to lock it requires the further deliberate action of pressing the upper button. IMO.

No you are wrong.....its similar to uk double glazing windows,  you shut the window it locks...you  draw that window in  in 5a shut and the notch comes out automatically...locked..in any case the mccanns said their windows were closed, so no one opened them from outside, thats the main thing......
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:01:52 AM by Redblossom »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2013, 01:25:37 AM »
I might be wrong, I just like to understand the mechanism. I see a round hole, without any angled slope, so I like to understand what pushes the metal pin into that hole. 

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2013, 02:09:54 AM »
I might be wrong, I just like to understand the mechanism. I see a round hole, without any angled slope, so I like to understand what pushes the metal pin into that hole.

I think the police would know this detail and it would be in files. If the window is auto locked when closed from inside.These were sliding windows. I have them at home and mine are very easy to open from outside.
If they are auto locked then the force to open them might be noticeable. Mine have locking mechanism in the middle but it is not automatic, one has to do it and I do it very rarely. I might be wrong but I thought Gerry mentioned somewhere that he had locked these windows.
On another note, if these windows are opened by a professional thief then they can open them without any big notice, it has happened to me in one of my student accommodation in past.
That Spanish criminologist who wrote a blog has written about the windows and how to open them.
http://espacioexterior.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-madeleine-mccann-abduction-janosch.html
My home sliding windows are exactly the same as the ones he has in the video.

IMO it would be impossible to enter the 5A through the window and not leave any signs of it.
IMO the window was open from inside. Why, nobody knows..

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:13:18 AM by VIXTE »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2013, 03:15:42 AM »
I agree with MF, that abduction through the window did not happen. When MF examined the window, at that same time there also was a reconstruction involving an actor trying to climb out through that window (this is the actual real window at 5A) with a child, and the actor seems to get stuck about halfway out.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2013, 04:50:28 AM »
I agree with MF, that abduction through the window did not happen. When MF examined the window, at that same time there also was a reconstruction involving an actor trying to climb out through that window (this is the actual real window at 5A) with a child, and the actor seems to get stuck about halfway out.

Very stupid of him, IMO. Of course the window was not opened for the abductor to go out with the child. But for example the window could have been used to pass the child through. To mask the fact the intruder had the key.To look for accomplice appearing. To get something from accomplice, such as stroller. And many other reasons.
How he can connect this onlyy option of kidnapper not going through the window with a child as abduction therefore not possible and child being dead is beyond belief...

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2013, 09:04:17 AM »
The raised shutter and the open window were a divert.  Several people passed the window that evening after Madeleine left the apartment and not one of them noticed anything untoward.  Its not as if they weren't aware of the window since they were.  Matt speaks of listening at the window so he was very aware if it.  The forensics confirms that no intruder used that window.

Unless the contrary can be proven I stay with the woke, wandered and waylaid theory.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
Taking all things into consideration, I think its very fair  to say no one opened the shutter or window from the outside

Agreed.