Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 415371 times)

Offline John

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1035 on: October 11, 2014, 04:35:38 AM »
When Kate says the curtains whooshed open. How open were they? Seems if they were fully closed seems extremely unlikely that an intruder would go out that way then close them from the outside. Also if he went out via the front door he would have to of closed them before he left... I guess you could open the shutters though by just reaching through the curtains slit/gap without actually drawing them apart...

The 'intruder' came in the front door according to the investigation.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #1036 on: October 11, 2014, 04:37:22 AM »
Gerry established that it was possible to raise the shutters from the outside ...

Yes but only if the window is open allowing access to the pull strap.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:55:39 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1037 on: October 11, 2014, 04:51:11 AM »
Yes but only if the window is open allowing access to the pull strap.

Morning, John.  Whoops, Off Topic.

No probe if the window wasn't locked.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1038 on: October 11, 2014, 08:11:42 AM »
When Kate says the curtains whooshed open. How open were they? Seems if they were fully closed seems extremely unlikely that an intruder would go out that way then close them from the outside. Also if he went out via the front door he would have to of closed them before he left... I guess you could open the shutters though by just reaching through the curtains slit/gap without actually drawing them apart...
I now think it was just the lightweight net curtains (not the partly opened heavier main curtains) which were seen being blown in by the wind.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1039 on: October 11, 2014, 08:15:17 AM »
I now think it was just the lightweight net curtains (not the partly opened heavier main curtains) which were seen being blown in by the wind.

There weren't any net curtains that I can see.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1040 on: October 11, 2014, 08:16:31 AM »
No prob if the window wasn't locked.
Precisely.
Both adults say they do not know whether it was locked or unlocked.
And it certainly doesn't autolock.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1041 on: October 11, 2014, 08:24:01 AM »
There weren't any net curtains that I can see.
Very observant. Thanks. Looking at the PJ photos I think you are correct.

Now that is strange.
The lounge side window had net curtains (foto 12).
The dining area side window had net curtains (foto 12).
The kitchen side window didn't.
The lounge to balcony sliding door had net curtains (foto 11).
The south bedroom to balcony door had net curtains (foto 17).
See photos here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id155.html
So why did this north bedroom window have no net curtains?
Or are they hidden behind the main heavy curtains?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:32:22 AM by pegasus »

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #1042 on: October 11, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
ftp://
Very observant. Thanks. Looking at the PJ photos I think you are correct.

Now that is strange.
The lounge side window had net curtains (foto 12).
The dining area side window had net curtains (foto 12).
The kitchen side window didn't.
The lounge to balcony sliding door had net curtains (foto 11).
The south bedroom to balcony door had net curtains (foto 17).
See photos here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id155.html
So why did this north bedroom window have no net curtains?
Or are they hidden behind the main heavy curtains?
There are net curtains Pegasus, see photo 9. You can see to the right of the ruler, on the windowcill.

Better view here

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:57:45 AM by John »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #1043 on: October 11, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »
on the Madeliene Is Here documentry it shows the net curtains behind the long curtains billowing into the room as Kate describes what happened...

Offline John

« Reply #1044 on: October 12, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »
on the Madeliene Is Here documentry it shows the net curtains behind the long curtains billowing into the room as Kate describes what happened...

I agree, it was the short net curtains which billowed in the wind and not the full length curtains which were for all intents and purposes trapped between the spare bed and the wall..  Well spotted   8((()*/

Are we all agreed then, there is no evidence that any intruder climbed in and out of that window?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:27:03 AM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1045 on: October 12, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »
I agree, it was the short net curtains which billowed in the wind and not the full length curtains which were for all intents and purposes trapped between the spare bed and the wall..  Well spotted   8((()*/

Are we all agreed then, there is no evidence that any intruder climbed in and out of that window?

I think you could safely say that; just as you could say there is no evidence that an intruder did not climb in and out of the window.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1046 on: October 12, 2014, 08:32:52 PM »
I think you could safely say that; just as you could say there is no evidence that an intruder did not climb in and out of the window.

...or a celestial teapot floated in and then out... &%+((£
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1047 on: October 13, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »

Kate left evidence on the window. There's no evidence of anybody going through the window. Thumb prints reveal the shutters were raised from the inside by crime experts. No abductor would risk leaving evidence by opening window/shutters from the inside when the door was hidden from the car park and a quicker exit. There's no evidence of abduction. This case is the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann not Abduction.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1048 on: October 13, 2014, 07:50:46 PM »
Kate left evidence on the window. There's no evidence of anybody going through the window. Thumb prints reveal the shutters were raised from the inside by crime experts. No abductor would risk leaving evidence by opening window/shutters from the inside when the door was hidden from the car park and a quicker exit. There's no evidence of abduction. This case is the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann not Abduction.

That's what you say but the experts disagree with you and agree with the mccanns

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1049 on: October 13, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »
That's what you say but the experts disagree with you and agree with the mccanns

You know nothing only what they want you to know.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.