Author Topic: Imagine This Case Happened in America.  (Read 1687 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Imagine This Case Happened in America.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »
My quote was actually Martin Grime giving evidence in court regarding Morse alerting in the house of a murdered woman in the USA. The murdering ex husband was jailed.

Yes and the same at the apartment.

"My observation of the dog's behaviour in this instance was that the dog's behaviour changed immediately upon opening the front door to the apartment.

His behaviour was such that I believed him to be 'in scent' and I therefore allowed him to free search without direction to allow him to identify the source of his interest. He did so alerting in the rear bedroom."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 09:25:45 PM »

"My observation of the dog's behaviour in this instance was that the dog's behaviour changed immediately upon opening the front door to the apartment.

His behaviour was such that I believed him to be 'in scent' and I therefore allowed him to free search without direction to allow him to identify the source of his interest. He did so alerting in the rear bedroom."

A bit more from the link

Stockham and Grime said Morse detected two areas of human decomposition, near the bathtub in the bathroom of the basement, where Michelle’s body was found, and the carpet at the foot of the bed in the master bedroom.

Grime testified that Morse’s sniff rate increased when in the bedroom and basement, notifying him that there was the possibility of human decomposition. “All I can really do is tell you whether the dog gave a positive or negative response,” he said. “He gave a positive response [to human decomposition] in the basement and bedroom.”

The defense countered, arguing that the positively identified odor in the bedroom may have been transferred by investigators, a possibility to which the handlers did not deny. Defense attorneys argued that it is impossible to determine whether Morse’s alert was accurate.
He
“If it’s not confirmed that there was a dead body, you don’t know if it’s right or wrong,” defense attorney Jonathan Shapiro said.

Grime stressed that people will challenge positive responses, but not negative ones. “I am interpreting what is happening within the dog’s brain,” he said.  “As soon as the dog entered the bedroom, he exhibited behavioral changes.”

Notice the last paragraph.

Here is the link https://loudounnow.com/2016/06/02/day-9-of-castillo-murder-trial-hones-in-on-phone-records/
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 09:34:29 PM »

As we have said before...luminol had been used in the apt...the dog may have realised he was at a crime scene

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 04:39:01 AM »
If this case had happened in America where cadaver dog evidence is routinely presented at trial, even without a body, and the authorities are more versed in dealing with the media that a high profile case brings, would the result have been different ? Would the parents have been indicted ?

If it had occurred in the US I think the CSI would have been better.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 05:14:43 AM »
If it had occurred in the US I think the CSI would have been better.
CSI = Crime Scene Investigation
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.