Author Topic: May 3rd 2007.  (Read 8701 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: May 3rd 2007.
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2019, 10:44:23 PM »
How will you find that if you try to discredit certain aspects as they are reported? The Smith sighting was on May 3rd it's on topic. We can't then pretend the later linking to GM just didn't happen and that it's off topic. They are directly related.

The other aspects I listed are all examples of other topics (like the Smith sighting on May 3rd) that some people, yourself included IMO, are incredibly defensive about.

I'm not defensive about anything... Youre totally mistaken

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »

IMO it's, a totally pointless thread..

May I respectfully suggest that you don't engage with it then?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »
May I respectfully suggest that you don't engage with it then?

Nope... We are all entitled to our opinion.. Afaiaa

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2019, 11:28:09 PM »
Nope... We are all entitled to our opinion.. Afaiaa

Of course we are. You're opinion is that this thread is pointless because we don't know if the statements are accurate. If that is your opinion on this thread then why engage further? Why even bother with any of it? The statements might not be accurate could apply to virtually every thread here? Why on earth would anyone want to spend hours investigating and debating something if they believed this was a pointless exercise?

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2019, 11:31:32 PM »
Why didn't the parents do rogatory interviews to account for their recollection of May 3rd?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2019, 12:50:01 AM »
Why didn't the parents do rogatory interviews to account for their recollection of May 3rd?
Good question.  Did they refuse or were they never asked?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2019, 01:02:47 AM »
Good question.  Did they refuse or were they never asked?

The parents were interviewed at length, as arguidos, in September 2007. As official suspects, they could be asked questions far more specific or leading than any in the rogatories. Furthermore, the parents were still arguidos when the Tapas Group rogatory questions were issued & SY had no jurisdiction to question in UK any official suspects in the Portuguese investigation.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2019, 07:20:26 AM »
The parents were interviewed at length, as arguidos, in September 2007. As official suspects, they could be asked questions far more specific or leading than any in the rogatories. Furthermore, the parents were still arguidos when the Tapas Group rogatory questions were issued & SY had no jurisdiction to question in UK any official suspects in the Portuguese investigation.

SY weren't involved, were they?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2019, 07:40:59 AM »
By the time of the rogatory interiews there was confusion over what happened on which day. Jane in particular completely forgot that the tennis was rained off on Wednesday.

Ok so why not just put the bones on it, so to speak, and then try and draw sensible inferences to fill in gaps/iron out anomalies and inconsistencies based on all available data? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2019, 08:09:03 AM »
Of course we are. You're opinion is that this thread is pointless because we don't know if the statements are accurate. If that is your opinion on this thread then why engage further? Why even bother with any of it? The statements might not be accurate could apply to virtually every thread here? Why on earth would anyone want to spend hours investigating and debating something if they believed this was a pointless exercise?

I would say we know they are not accurate. kate went as far as to make new statements to control risks because she found the statements to be innaccurate....these statements were then given to the PJ...Rebelo is reported to have said as much...colin sutton said the room for error was huge...

so when building a timeline surely its important  to bear in mind that the statements are not accurate nd the way tey were taken and recorded contributed to this

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2019, 08:30:58 AM »
I would say we know they are not accurate. kate went as far as to make new statements to control risks because she found the statements to be innaccurate....these statements were then given to the PJ...Rebelo is reported to have said as much...colin sutton said the room for error was huge...

so when building a timeline surely its important  to bear in mind that the statements are not accurate nd the way tey were taken and recorded contributed to this

I don't know if you and others here have looked at other cases or just this one but I can assure you that inconsistencies in wit stats especially timelines and sightings will show huge inconsistencies.  Some will be lying but most will not.  We all perceive things differently etc, etc and recall will reflect this.  In this case there's no reason for T9 to have perfect recall where all wit stats come together perfectly like synchronised swimmers. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2019, 08:38:20 AM »
I don't know if you and others here have looked at other cases or just this one but I can assure you that inconsistencies in wit stats especially timelines and sightings will show huge inconsistencies.  Some will be lying but most will not.  We all perceive things differently etc, etc and recall will reflect this.  In this case there's no reason for T9 to have perfect recall where all wit stats come together perfectly like synchronised swimmers.

The statements were recorded in Portuguese and we have no record in English as to what the T9 actually  said.  Not only that the statements, are not verbatim  and are a summary in Portuguese of what the T9 said in English.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »
The Paynes were at the beach every morning. After breakfast they would each drop a child into their creche then meet at the waterfront. They had booked lessons in wind surfing and sailing on alternate days. The only other group member who had lessons was Jane, who had booked to wind surf. In fact Fiona says there was only one other holidaymaker doing the sailing with them.

On 3rd it was supposed to be wind surfing, but it became sailing because there was no wind. It was very rough that day apparently. Fiona thinks these lessons ended at 11:30/12:00. After that they would collect their children and go to their apartment for lunch. Every day except Thursday 3rd the Oldfields and O'Briens joined them.

Matthew was on a boat on Thursfay morning too. The Paynes came back early that day because they were wet and cold. Fiona went to the 24 hour reception with Kate to collect their children while David and Gerry collected the ones from near the Tapas. Then they went to their own apartments for lunch.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2019, 10:29:19 AM »
The statements were recorded in Portuguese and we have no record in English as to what the T9 actually  said.  Not only that the statements, are not verbatim  and are a summary in Portuguese of what the T9 said in English.

Sounds good enough to me ie a general outline.  As I keep saying we all perceive things differently.  No one would expect recall to be as if they were wearing headcams.  The interviews I've read are very detailed and perfectly acceptable.  I don't believe T9 had a direct hand in MM's disappearance so even if they were able to dot every i and cross every t how would it help in advancing the case?  They were not there when MM disappeared imo so regardless of how good, bad or indifferent the wit stats, police interviews are how would it assist?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »
Sounds good enough to me ie a general outline.  As I keep saying we all perceive things differently.  No one would expect recall to be as if they were wearing headcams.  The interviews I've read are very detailed and perfectly acceptable.  I don't believe T9 had a direct hand in MM's disappearance so even if they were able to dot every i and cross every t how would it help in advancing the case?  They were not there when MM disappeared imo so regardless of how good, bad or indifferent the wit stats, police interviews are how would it assist?

I agree they are a general outline but they are not accurate according to kate..Yet the poster who started this thread has not accepted they may not be accurate imo.   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:46:54 AM by Robittybob1 »