Author Topic: The parents of a missing child don't matter.  (Read 140067 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: The parents of a missing child don't matter.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 10:52:40 AM »
I suppose so, but, the parents have caused many people, who suspect they are not being entirely honest about what happened that night,  to dislike them due to the fact that these people are labelled as trolls and [ censored word ]s.

They vilify anyone who does not subcome to their agenda. Bought about by arrogance, and self importance gained through playing a victim. And don't forget Kate was very vocal about her 'suffering' and lack of sex life due to her daughters absence, but claimed that Madeleine came to 'no harm'.  well  do they deserve sympathy?  The jury is out on this one regarding the McCANNs.

You may have missed the point ... the parents of a missing child are victims. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 10:55:34 AM »
I don't know whether the McCann parents are innocent or guilty of anything.

Therefore ...

since I define a zero on the empathy scale, I don't give a toss.

If the trail leads onward to finding Madeleine, so be it.

Really? 0 on the empathy scale? Just a glib remark?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
Did the person who took Madeleine want her found?

Was 'the person who took Madeleine' in a position to 'design a strategy' to prevent her being found?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »

No, there is no missing point at all. Some parents deserve sympathy and empathy some don't. That answers the question of the thread.  Oh, I guess you don't approve of that reply dear me.

Re McCanns; What are they victims of exactly? a crime? has a crime against the parents been established?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 11:13:20 AM »
Well whoever it was they have done a pretty good job of hiding her.

IMO the McCanns guilty or innocent which is too big a topic, so let's shelve that have suffered the perfect storm. Almost anyone I mention this case too are horrified when they realise they were left alone in the apartment. Many here, maybe of an older generation can relate to leaving children alone as this was perhaps a more common practice in the old days, but the sympathy many may have had is all but gone when this is revealed. Also, add in their cold behaviour and lack of emotion in interviews and people jump to their own conclusions, which unfairly imo is complete amateur psychology(In fact the cold behaviour could be interpreted as bravery/guilt for what happened and be seen as a tragedy imo). Finally, add in the dogs and some are completely convinced, add to this the intense discussion in the press and on the internet and the resulting Chinese whispers, myths and jumped to conclusions and many people, which I believe is the majority in the UK and you have very little sympathy. Is very sad and unfair in many ways. On a more positive note for the McCanns lets not forget the immense support they have also received from many quarters.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 11:17:55 AM »

No, there is no missing point at all. Some parents deserve sympathy and empathy some don't. That answers the question of the thread.  Oh, I guess you don't approve of that reply dear me.

Re McCanns; What are they victims of exactly? a crime? has a crime against the parents been established?

The first thing to be remembered is that Madeleine McCann is a missing child ... it has taken her parents many years to get a review going into her case and as a result having her case reopened.

In what way did the vilification campaigns against your alleged 'undeserving of sympathy couple' assist in that process?

Very sad indeed that you consider the victims of a crime unworthy ... particularly the parents of missing, abducted or murdered children.  Whether or not I "approve" your response is neither here nor there, the fact it is your opinion makes it of interest when mulling over a much wider set of circumstances.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 11:35:17 AM »
Well whoever it was they have done a pretty good job of hiding her.

IMO the McCanns guilty or innocent which is too big a topic, so let's shelve that have suffered the perfect storm. Almost anyone I mention this case too are horrified when they realise they were left alone in the apartment. Many here, maybe of an older generation can relate to leaving children alone as this was perhaps a more common practice in the old days, but the sympathy many may have had is all but gone when this is revealed. Also, add in their cold behaviour and lack of emotion in interviews and people jump to their own conclusions, which unfairly imo is complete amateur psychology(In fact the cold behaviour could be interpreted as bravery/guilt for what happened and be seen as a tragedy imo). Finally, add in the dogs and some are completely convinced, add to this the intense discussion in the press and on the internet and the resulting Chinese whispers, myths and jumped to conclusions and many people, which I believe is the majority in the UK and you have very little sympathy. Is very sad and unfair in many ways. On a more positive note for the McCanns lets not forget the immense support they have also received from many quarters.

I would not allow myself to discount the amount of sympathy there is for the parents of missing children including the McCann's.  People are capable of great feelings of empathy.

I think the vociferous very few on #mccann and on many unfriendly sites are deluded, not for any logical thought process ... but just simply because they want to be, and perhaps find comfort in belonging to a 'community' whatever that may be.

A case which relied on the myth and innuendo, which you have mentioned, to sustain it is no case at all.  How much of the ire directed at Madeleine McCann's parents do you think is as a result of their unceasing efforts to find out what happened to her?

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »
The first thing to be remembered is that Madeleine McCann is a missing child ... it has taken her parents many years to get a review going into her case and as a result having her case reopened.

In what way did the vilification campaigns against your alleged 'undeserving of sympathy couple' assist in that process?

Very sad indeed that you consider the victims of a crime unworthy ... particularly the parents of missing, abducted or murdered children.  Whether or not I "approve" your response is neither here nor there, the fact it is your opinion makes it of interest when mulling over a much wider set of circumstances.

Firstly let me remind you of the thread question. re: The parents of a missing child don't matter.
I answered that!

It does not mention McCanns by name, but is that what was intended?; to associate Maddies disappearance with 'others' and to demand the McCanns deserve sympathy?. No crime has been established against the parents, they may know where she is and her mortal state, so as I said the jury is out on that one for everyone.

I am not responsible for little Maddies disappearance, I will not be responsible, or take credit for her recovery (if that ever materialises).

Your posting here makes no difference to Maddie either..

So to answer again(3rd time)... some people do not believe the McCanns deserve sympathy or empathy.

[edited]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:59:01 AM by Admin »

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »

in bold, please provide a cite, where I claimed I did not sympathise or empathise with parents of missing children.. OR even the McCanns!

Offline Admin

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 11:55:00 AM »

I believe you should add the word 'innocent' prior to parents for that statement to hold water.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:35:08 PM by Admin »

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 11:59:38 AM »
I would not allow myself to discount the amount of sympathy there is for the parents of missing children including the McCann's.  People are capable of great feelings of empathy.

I think the vociferous very few on #mccann and on many unfriendly sites are deluded, not for any logical thought process ... but just simply because they want to be, and perhaps find comfort in belonging to a 'community' whatever that may be.

A case which relied on the myth and innuendo, which you have mentioned, to sustain it is no case at all.  How much of the ire directed at Madeleine McCann's parents do you think is as a result of their unceasing efforts to find out what happened to her?

A load to be fair. It's kept the issue in the limelight. Rather like having to step into the fire again and again to find their child. If it wasn't for Mr Grimes dogs I think the suspicion would have died down a long time ago. That is largely what fuels suspicion and I admit mine too when I read about this case. It is the only indication they may have been involved and frankly that is not enough to warrant this level of finger pointing. A moment of clarity for me when reading about this case was during an interview with Kate when she said something like if people really want to see the truth it is there, they just don't want to see it. The fact is there is no evidence to implicate them. If they are innocent we should give them as much support as possible. The fact there is a huge investigation on going and not for other missing children is because in this big bad world if you work hard enough and try hard enough good stuff happens.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 12:02:09 PM »
Firstly let me remind you of the thread question. re: The parents of a missing child don't matter.
I answered that!

It does not mention McCanns by name, but is that what was intended?; to associate Maddies disappearance with 'others' and to demand the McCanns deserve sympathy?. No crime has been established against the parents, they may know where she is and her mortal state, so as I said the jury is out on that one for everyone.

And of course you you do like to give or withhold your 'approval'  you spend many hours here pontificating about peoples lower intelligence, demanding 'cites'... so one has to wonder in passing, why waste all your uber intelligence on this site?

I am not responsible for little Maddies disappearance, I will not be responsible, or take credit for her recovery (if that ever materialises).

Your posting here makes no difference to Maddie either.. so... get over yourself.

So to answer again(3rd time)... some people do not believe the McCanns deserve sympathy or empathy.

"I answered that!"   %£&)**#  Indeed you did.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... you seem to be of the opinion there are two classes of crime victims ... the deserving and the undeserving.  Are you of the opinion the parents of a missing child come into the latter category?

May I respectfully remind you that personal mud slinging adds nothing to the debate, should what we post be considered debate and if you find my posting style annoying ~ I won't be offended if you ignore ~ I find it useful to do that on occasion.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »
I believe you should add the word 'innocent' prior to parents for that statement to hold water.

I would accept that absolutely.

Offline Admin

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »
Members are reminded not to make personal attacks on fellow members.  Posts which breach the forum rules will be edited or removed completely.

Several pages of irrelevant discussion have already been removed from this thread so please keep to the general subject matter of the theme being discussed.

Admin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2015, 12:24:32 PM »

As the McCanns have not been arrested or charged then they have more than a legal right to be considered innocent