Author Topic: The parents of a missing child don't matter.  (Read 140843 times)

Alfred R Jones

The parents of a missing child don't matter.
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:40:07 PM »
According to some the parents of a missing child don't matter, only the missing child him or herself - what is meant by "don't matter" though?  That we should have no consideration for them?  That they should not be considered victims of loss?  What about the other members of the missing child's family - do they "not matter" either?    And if the parents "don't matter" why is so much time spent criticising them?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:36:22 PM by Admin »

Offline John

Re: The parents of a missing child don't matter.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:27:16 PM »
According to some the parents of a missing child don't matter, only the missing child him or herself - what is meant by "don't matter" though?  That we should have no consideration for them?  That they should not be considered victims of loss?  What about the other members of the missing child's family - do they "not matter" either?   

And if the parents "don't matter" why is so much time spent criticising them?

An interesting question Alfred.  I suppose it could always be argued if the parent or parents of any missing child had a hand in their disappearance then that is a somewhat different proposition to being completely innocent.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:40:12 PM by Admin »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »
WHOEVER may be involved in someone's disappearance doesn't mean that the primary victim should be assumed to be dead and unworthy of being found, nor that other people close to the victim (extended family and friends) aren't suffering as well in the absence of a conclusion, surely?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 03:31:23 PM »
An interesting question Alfred.  I suppose it could always be argued if the parent or parents of any missing child had a hand in their disappearance then that is a somewhat different proposition to being completely innocent.

The McCanns have a legal right to be treated as innocent

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 03:53:47 PM »
Indeed, but the court of public opinion is not bound by that convention and can come to any conclusion it likes.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 03:58:45 PM »
Indeed, but the court of public opinion is not bound by that convention and can come to any conclusion it likes.
Should we have any consideration for the family of a missing child, even if we believe that their foolish actions were partly responsible for the child's fate?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »

of course it can....but with such tiny, tiny numbers it has no credibility or influence
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:52:02 AM by Admin »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 04:05:06 AM »
I don't know whether the McCann parents are innocent or guilty of anything.

Therefore ...

since I define a zero on the empathy scale, I don't give a toss.

If the trail leads onward to finding Madeleine, so be it.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 08:11:24 AM »

Therefore ...

That is the most important issue ~ finding Madeleine ~ and it is something that I think the demonisation of her parents was designed to prevent. 

One only has to think of the sneering reaction of some to every sighting of a child who resembled Madeleine because they preferred the fiction of her death to the possibility she is alive and findable.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 08:27:12 AM »
That is the most important issue ~ finding Madeleine ~ and it is something that I think the demonisation of her parents was designed to prevent. 

One only has to think of the sneering reaction of some to every sighting of a child who resembled Madeleine because they preferred the fiction of her death to the possibility she is alive and findable.

Are you saying that some people didn't want Madeleine to be found and 'designed' a strategy aimed at achieving that goal? Who and why?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 08:29:16 AM »

Therefore ...

You score zero on the empathy scale?  Seriously??

Offline Brietta

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 08:48:28 AM »
Are you saying that some people didn't want Madeleine to be found and 'designed' a strategy aimed at achieving that goal? Who and why?

Did the person who took Madeleine want her found?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carew

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »
Did the person who took Madeleine want her found?

If she had not been alive when she left the apartment........which is being considered as a possibility according to SY comments..........then it figures that the removers did not want her found.

Could this have led to a "strategy" designed to prevent her being found?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »
Should we have any consideration for the family of a missing child, even if we believe that their foolish actions were partly responsible for the child's fate?

I suppose so, but, the parents have caused many people, who suspect they are not being entirely honest about what happened that night,  to dislike them due to the fact that these people are labelled as trolls and [ censored word ]s.

They vilify anyone who does not subcome to their agenda. Bought about by arrogance, and self importance gained through playing a victim. And don't forget Kate was very vocal about her 'suffering' and lack of sex life due to her daughters absence, but claimed that Madeleine came to 'no harm'.  well  do they deserve sympathy?  The jury is out on this one regarding the McCANNs.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 10:50:28 AM »
If she had not been alive when she left the apartment........which is being considered as a possibility according to SY comments..........then it figures that the removers did not want her found.

Could this have led to a "strategy" designed to prevent her being found?

In what way did the strategy of the vilification of Madeleine McCann's parents assist in solving her case?