Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 220955 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2019, 07:25:10 AM »
Has the Algarve adopted a Unilateral Declaration of Independence (UDI) while no-one was looking and adopted it's own Justice system independent of Portugal?

Is that why the hub of the renewed investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance from the Algarve was instituted and continues in the Northern city of Porto which is possibly as far removed from the influence of Lisbon and the South as is logistically possible?

Accordng to the Attorney General's office in October 2013 the reopened investigation was to be run by the Public Prosecutor's Office in Portimao. No menton of Porto.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/78oct13/Portuguese_Attorney_General_24_10_2013.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2019, 08:02:24 AM »
Out of interest why would anyone admit to killing someone whose body had never been found, if they just had to admit to body occultation which only attracts a two year term in prison, one which you’re probably likely to walk free from anyway? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »
Out of interest why would anyone admit to killing someone whose body had never been found, if they just had to admit to body occultation which only attracts a two year term in prison, one which you’re probably likely to walk free from anyway?

One wouldn't.  That's whole point.

Accidental death plus body occultation is the scenario  that was being put to Kate.

Max 2 years, almost certainly suspended.
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2019, 12:37:20 PM »
One wouldn't.  That's whole point.

Accidental death plus body occultation is the scenario  that was being put to Kate.

Max 2 years, almost certainly suspended.

Someone was going to ask where is the body if Kate had agreed to this.  Difficult if you hadn't done it.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »
Someone was going to ask where is the body if Kate had agreed to this.  Difficult if you hadn't done it.

The rubbish bins she had passed 4 times, if she claimed to remember.

Otherwise, if she couldn't remember, the police had not found body remains in 4 months.  So an 'I can't remember' would have sufficed.

For guests, I am NOT saying it happened this way.

However, if it did, within a few days of 3 May Kate would have known she had got away with it.

Whilst by the time of Kate's arguido interview, roughly 4 months later, the PJ would have known they could not pin the tail on the donkey.

Corrie McKeague.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2019, 05:29:30 PM »
The rubbish bins she had passed 4 times, if she claimed to remember.

Otherwise, if she couldn't remember, the police had not found body remains in 4 months.  So an 'I can't remember' would have sufficed.

For guests, I am NOT saying it happened this way.

However, if it did, within a few days of 3 May Kate would have known she had got away with it.

Whilst by the time of Kate's arguido interview, roughly 4 months later, the PJ would have known they could not pin the tail on the donkey.

Corrie McKeague.
So if Kate said “Madeleine had an accident and I threw her body in the bin”, the PJ would have taken her word for it and given her a two year sentence, possibly suspended?   &%%6
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #351 on: May 18, 2019, 06:23:44 PM »
So if Kate said “Madeleine had an accident and I threw her body in the bin”, the PJ would have taken her word for it and given her a two year sentence, possibly suspended?   &%%6

Kindly read my post before you spout complete cobblers. &%%6

What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #352 on: May 18, 2019, 06:38:23 PM »
Kindly read my post before you spout complete cobblers. &%%6
I have read all your recent posts on the subject.  Kindly explain why Kate would have walked away with no more than a suspended sentence had she admitted to hiding Madeleine’s body?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:52:55 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #353 on: May 18, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »
I have read all your recent posts on the subject.  Kindly explain why Kate would have walked away with no more than a suspended sentence had she admitted to hiding Madeleine’s body?

I have done already.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #354 on: May 18, 2019, 10:41:12 PM »
I have done already.
You may have attempted to do so but you have failed to explain why an admission of body occultation would have been accepted by the police with no evidence to confirm how or why the child died beyond the say so of the parent.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #355 on: May 18, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »
You may have attempted to do so but you have failed to explain why an admission of body occultation would have been accepted by the police with no evidence to confirm how or why the child died beyond the say so of the parent.

If the PJ hadn't got a body, then they didn't know how that body died.

The alleged 'deal' offered to Kate was a maximum of 2 years.  According to Kate.

Occultation.  End of.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #356 on: May 18, 2019, 11:32:18 PM »
If the PJ hadn't got a body, then they didn't know how that body died.

The alleged 'deal' offered to Kate was a maximum of 2 years.  According to Kate.

Occultation.  End of.
Which if true would IMO be an appalling dereliction of their duty to investigate the mysterious death of a child, if they would be prepared to settle for a two year suspended sentence based on the word of the mother.  If only the Ciprianos had known this they could have been walking free all these years instead of “confessing”. 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2019, 12:06:41 AM »
Which if true would IMO be an appalling dereliction of their duty to investigate the mysterious death of a child, if they would be prepared to settle for a two year suspended sentence based on the word of the mother.  If only the Ciprianos had known this they could have been walking free all these years instead of “confessing”.

I have no interest in the Cipriano case, so I have no idea whether they generated international publicity or could afford a decent lawyer.

Try sticking to the MBM case.

The Cipriano forum is elsewhere.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2019, 12:12:22 AM »
I have no interest in the Cipriano case, so I have no idea whether they generated international publicity or could afford a decent lawyer.

Try sticking to the MBM case.

The Cipriano forum is elsewhere.
It’s the principle I’m interested in - the fact that you can literally get away with murder in Portugal  if you dispose of a body well enough and tell the police you hid it, you just get a two year sentence, probably suspended.  Does that strike you as just?

Offline misty

« Reply #359 on: May 20, 2019, 01:06:45 AM »
It’s the principle I’m interested in - the fact that you can literally get away with murder in Portugal  if you dispose of a body well enough and tell the police you hid it, you just get a two year sentence, probably suspended.  Does that strike you as just?

I think the catch is the accused has to produce the body to be eligible for the 2 year sentence.