Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 220917 times)

Offline misty

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #525 on: March 09, 2020, 12:38:56 AM »
I take it you did not mean contact but instead meant contract.  And I'm not being pedantic. 

We have an extensive meeting scheduled with Mr Malinka on Monday morning.  Should we cancel it?

We are already putting into place a comprehensive contingency plan, in case things deteriorate.  We have even laid in Calpol in case Gonçalo catches it.  Seriously.

But the plan is geared around gathering intelligence in order that we can avoid coronavirus in the first place.  No contact means no contract.

We'll meet with Mr Malinka, because for the moment I rate this contact as zero risk.

Please do not give your dog any human medication without first consulting a vet. Paracetamol can be harmful to dogs.

Offline sadie

« Reply #526 on: March 09, 2020, 01:11:01 AM »
Bitter, jaundiced, semi-intelligible.

You sum yourself up perfectly.

Oh dear SIL. 
You have really let yourself down with those totally undeserved words.

Can you not recognise such a simple joke?  Even Amaral himself would probably fall off the sofa laughing at thst comment by VS. 

Hilarious ... and it shows a clever mind to have thought of it.  Well done VS

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #527 on: March 09, 2020, 02:21:36 AM »
Oh dear SIL. 
You have really let yourself down with those totally undeserved words.

Can you not recognise such a simple joke?  Even Amaral himself would probably fall off the sofa laughing at thst comment by VS. 

Hilarious ... and it shows a clever mind to have thought of it.  Well done VS

Whereas I would rate VS's post as the .........t of the year so far.

Zero out of ten.  But it doesn't surprise me.

That 3 people like the idea that my dog should die tells me a lot.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #528 on: March 09, 2020, 07:22:18 AM »
Whereas I would rate VS's post as the .........t of the year so far.

Zero out of ten.  But it doesn't surprise me.

That 3 people like the idea that my dog should die tells me a lot.
You clearly have no sense of humour.  No one likes the idea of your dog dying, it was a joke for crying out loud.  I do find the idea of you giving Calpol to your dog slightly absurd tbh but there was nothing bitter, jaundiced or semi-intelligible about my post, unlike yours!  Oh, and you found my post more nasty than Spam’s wishing the McCanns a long “grizzly” death?  Well that tells me everything I need to know.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:26:22 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #529 on: March 09, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »
You clearly have no sense of humour.  No one likes the idea of your dog dying, it was a joke for crying out loud.  I do find the idea of you giving Calpol to your dog slightly absurd tbh but there was nothing bitter, jaundiced or semi-intelligible about my post, unlike yours!  Oh, and you found my post more nasty than Spam’s wishing the McCanns a long “grizzly” death?  Well that tells me everything I need to know.

The virus is today confirmed in the Algarve, close by in Portimão.  Two schools have closed as a result.

So no, I don't appreciate your lame excuse that it was meant to be humour.

I found it particularly offensive as it was clearly directed at a current forum member i.e. me, and at mine.

Perhaps if I reciprocated in like kind about you and yours, you would find my 'humour' amusing.  However, I have better manners.
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #530 on: March 09, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
The virus is today confirmed in the Algarve, close by in Portimão.  Two schools have closed as a result.

I found it particularly offensive as it was clearly directed at a current forum member i.e. me, and at mine.

Perhaps if I reciprocated in like kind about you and yours, you would find my 'humour' amusing.  However, I have better manners.

This is all a bit silly you know, from both of you.  Neither of whom which I have a problem.

Personally, I think that VS is hilarious, while you aren't often, but I can see why you sometimes take offence.

Has this not descended into a game of tit for tat?  And if any of you want to play at that then you have to take it as it comes.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #531 on: March 09, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »
This is all a bit silly you know, from both of you.  Neither of whom which I have a problem.

Personally, I think that VS is hilarious, while you aren't often, but I can see why you sometimes take offence.

Has this not descended into a game of tit for tat?  And if any of you want to play at that then you have to take it as it comes.

I made a serious post about what is happening on the Algarve, which is serious to me.

If you want to permit VS 'jokes' about the death of my dog then you need to check your moral compass.

I'm on topic and updating the forum about NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM THE PORTUGUESE ALGARVE

VS is off topic, as are you.

Feel free to moderate responsibly.
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #532 on: March 09, 2020, 05:26:43 PM »
I made a serious post about what is happening on the Algarve, which is serious to me.

If you want to permit VS 'jokes' about the death of my dog then you need to check your moral compass.

I'm on topic and updating the forum about NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM THE PORTUGUESE ALGARVE

Perhaps you should have taken your own advice.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #533 on: March 09, 2020, 05:58:48 PM »
Perhaps you should have taken your own advice.

"I'm on topic and updating the forum about NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM THE PORTUGUESE ALGARVE".

*%87
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #534 on: March 09, 2020, 06:12:16 PM »

Yes I would, if you advised me not to overdose my pussycat on calpol (as if i would even dream of giving him calpol in the first place) in case he plummeted off the sofa to his death I would have guffawed long and loudly.  I’m obviously not as touchy or as deeply sensitive as you, bless you.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #535 on: March 09, 2020, 06:13:26 PM »

Perspective please.  Your dog isn’t dead, and I was warning you not to give him an overdose of calpol.  MYBAD!!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #536 on: March 09, 2020, 08:03:48 PM »
Perspective please.  Your dog isn’t dead, and I was warning you not to give him an overdose of calpol.  MYBAD!!

Make up your mind.  Was it just a crappy "joke", or was it "advice".

It was nasty either way.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #537 on: March 09, 2020, 08:14:55 PM »
Make up your mind.  Was it just a crappy "joke", or was it "advice".

It was nasty either way.
Get over it and move on.  How was Mr Malinka today?  Is that the name of your parrot?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #538 on: March 09, 2020, 11:28:52 PM »
Get over it and move on.  How was Mr Malinka today?  Is that the name of your parrot?

As you do not seem to understand the basics of the case, tough luck.

I do not know how 'my' parrot is getting on today.  I have not seen it in 3 years.  It lives in Burgau.  I call it Davel.

There is another forum member who can attest to the existence of the parrot.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #539 on: March 09, 2020, 11:57:46 PM »
As you do not seem to understand the basics of the case, tough luck.

I do not know how 'my' parrot is getting on today.  I have not seen it in 3 years.  It lives in Burgau.  I call it Davel.

There is another forum member who can attest to the existence of the parrot.
In what sense do you imagine that I don’t seem to understand the basic of the case?

You actually do have a parrot??!   Amazeballs!!