Author Topic: The Anti forums are crowing that this Justice Forum has joined their side...  (Read 18801 times)

icabodcrane

The lie Kate referred to was in telling the press  (  and through them,  the public )  that they were cancelling the trip to Huelva because Gerry was unwell

You then go on to quote Kate's book as evidence of a lie, yet she writes in her book "As it happened, Gerry had a mild stomach upset which we used as an excuse to postpone the trip."

So, what did she lie about exactly?

She lied to the media  (  and through them, the public ) about the reason for cancelling the Huelva trip

She acknowledges it in the qoute I gave above

Offline sika

The lie Kate referred to was in telling the press  (  and through them,  the public )  that they were cancelling the trip to Huelva because Gerry was unwell

You then go on to quote Kate's book as evidence of a lie, yet she writes in her book "As it happened, Gerry had a mild stomach upset which we used as an excuse to postpone the trip."

She lied to the media  (  and through them, the public ) about the reason for cancelling the Huelva trip

I'm quite sure that Kate McCann would admit to having lied on dozens of occasions, during her lifetime. As have I and most probably, you also.  There is nothing to suggest that she lied to the Police during their investigation.
The point you make is totally irrelevant.

debunker

You then go on to quote Kate's book as evidence of a lie, yet she writes in her book "As it happened, Gerry had a mild stomach upset
which we used as an excuse to postpone the trip."

What defines a lie? Using the word for an error or obfuscation is incorrect. It is inflamatory. She did not say that the police were the reason for cancelling the trip, but obfuscated- which is not a lie.

icabodcrane

I'm quite sure that Kate McCann would admit to having lied on dozens of occasions, during her lifetime. As have I and most probably, you also.  There is nothing to suggest that she lied to the Police during their investigation.

I disagree

Kate McCann, when faced with what she descibed as a  'tricky situation'  chose to lie ...  indeed, she confirms that she felt they had no choice  other  than to lie

It is fair and reasonable,  then,  to wonder whether there had been  other  'tricky situations'  the McCanns faced during the investigation,  and whether or not they had felt those situations, too,  left them no choice except to lie

debunker

I disagree

Kate McCann, when faced with what she descibed as a  'tricky situation'  chose to lie ...  indeed, she confirms that she felt they had no choice  other  than to lie

It is fair and reasonable,  then,  to wonder whether there had been  other  'tricky situations'  the McCanns faced during the investigation,  and whether or not they had felt those situations, too,  left them no choice except to lie

Please provide the exact words that you call a lie. I can see a misstatement of the whole truth, but I see no lie.

Offline John

Lets just say that it was convenient to blame Gerry's mild stomach upset rather than have to concoct an elaborate lie for the benefit of the Press as to tell them that the police were wanting to carry out forensic examinations would have opened another tin of worms.   8(0(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

Kate certainly lied in her book when she said cadaver scent is only detectable for 30 days. By the time her book was written herself and her husband had researched the subject of cadaver dogs comprehensively and would have known her claim to be blatantly untrue.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sika

I disagree

I don't think that the example you have chosen, in any way suggests that Kate McCann was more likely than anyone else, to lie to the Police.

debunker

Kate certainly lied in her book when she said cadaver scent is only detectable for 30 days. By the time her book was written herself and her husband had researched the subject of cadaver dogs comprehensively and would have known her claim to be blatantly untrue.

That is not a lie. It was a false belief.

Cadaver odor does decline over time. On impervious surfaces, brief contact will have left no dettectable odor after several weeks.

You saying that Kate lied is not a lie- you truly believe it but you are wrong.

Offline Eleanor

If a Corpse isn't actually in situ then the smell does disappear in a fairly short space of time.  Otherwise all places where people have died would be stinking, and all the Dogs would be going berserk.  All dogs can smell Cadaver Scent, they just haven't been trained to isolate the smell for the purpose of Forensic Examination.

icabodcrane

Lets just say that it was convenient to blame Gerry's mild stomach upset rather than have to concoct an elaborate lie for the benefit of the Press as to tell them that the police were wanting to carry out forensic examinations would have opened another tin of worms.   8(0(*

The McCanns were bound by Portuguese law NOT to reveal details of the on-going investigation to the media.  Therefore when faced with the need to give the media a reason for not going to Huelva they had little choice but to give a convenient excuse.  This fact that this is freely admitted to by Kate McCann in her widely-read book rather emphasises her honesty than her supposed dishonest nature, because if it had been a blatant lie she would have been unlikely to draw attention to it in her book at all.

That's the thing though Martha,  this particular lie was already out there for all to see

The Police files record the events of 2nd August 2007,  including the search and removal of the McCanns' clothes and other items after they  ( the McCanns )  had been asked to leave the apartment  ...  Gerry McCann's blog makes no mention of the events that happened that day,  but,  instead,  states that a viral infection kept him in the apartment all day

As to judicial secrecy, they could quite simply have told the media who were intending to travel to Huelva that the trip was being postponed due to the investigation,  details of which they were not permitted to give

I have to add that I was a bit bemused by your suggestion that admission of deceptiveness is a sign of honesty   >@@(*&) 

debunker

The McCanns were bound by Portuguese law NOT to reveal details of the on-going investigation to the media.  Therefore when faced with the need to give the media a reason for not going to Huelva they had little choice but to give a convenient excuse.  This fact that this is freely admitted to by Kate McCann in her widely-read book rather emphasises her honesty than her supposed dishonest nature, because if it had been a blatant lie she would have been unlikely to draw attention to it in her book at all.

That's the thing though Martha,  this particular lie was already out there for all to see

The Police files record the events of 2nd August 2007,  including the search and removal of the McCanns' clothes and other items after they  ( the McCanns )  had been asked to leave the apartment  ...  Gerry McCann's blog makes no mention of the events that happened that day,  but,  instead,  states that a viral infection kept him in the apartment all day

As to judicial secrecy, they could quite simply have told the media who were intending to travel to Huelva that the trip was being postponed due to the investigation,  details of which they were not permitted to give

I have to add that I was a bit bemused by your suggestion that admission of deceptiveness is a sign of honesty   >@@(*&)

SO no-one actually lied.

Offline sika

Hi Icabodcrane, do you believe that the McCanns fellow diners, covered up for them?

icabodcrane

SO no-one actually lied.

"We'd never lied about anything  ...  But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have much choice"

Of course,  you may choose not to believe Kate McCann when she admits to lying

Offline sika

SO no-one actually lied.

"We'd never lied about anything  ...  But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have much choice"

Of course,  you may choose not to believe Kate McCann when she admits to lying
I guess that Mrs McCann also needs educating, as to what constitutes a lie. 8)-)))