Author Topic: Is this the beginning of the overseas holiday industry falling apart?  (Read 5760 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Is this the beginning of the overseas holiday industry falling apart?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »
Isn't there a holiday company collapse practically every summer? Nothing new there then. I love GB and hate package holidays and hot weather; aren't I lucky?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »
Isn't there a holiday company collapse practically every summer? Nothing new there then. I love GB and hate package holidays and hot weather; aren't I lucky?

It's not so much that but the "cattle prod" mentality at airports. Unless you are The Sultan of Brunei, a Jordanian Princess or Bono of course.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 04:36:31 PM »
It's not so much that but the "cattle prod" mentality at airports. Unless you are The Sultan of Brunei, a Jordanian Princess or Bono of course.

I last flew in 1976 with British Airways [very civilised]so can't comment.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 05:31:46 PM »
I last flew in 1976 with British Airways [very civilised]so can't comment.  @)(++(*

There are three problems with moving people about:
They complain.
They expect to be fed and watered.
You can't stack them economically. [It is not considered polite to shrink wrap them on to pallets apparently].
That's why "air personnel" use cattle prods land side and call you sir/madam and three bags full air side. Unless of course it British knob 'eads on hen and stag tours in which case the air crews have tasers and Browning HiPowers  8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 07:11:52 PM »
There are three problems with moving people about:
They complain.
They expect to be fed and watered.
You can't stack them economically. [It is not considered polite to shrink wrap them on to pallets apparently].
That's why "air personnel" use cattle prods land side and call you sir/madam and three bags full air side. Unless of course it British knob 'eads on hen and stag tours in which case the air crews have tasers and Browning HiPowers  8(>((

That sounds such fun! I'll stick with my leisurely trips to peaceful UK destinations, I think. Still so many places to see. I've just been outside enjoying a little shower; bliss!
Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 02:41:40 PM »
People just have to be sensible and not book a holiday to Baghdad et all...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:25:19 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 03:06:17 PM »
I wonder how many people queuing in Kent today to go to France or elsewhere through the Eurotunnel, voted to leave ?   8)-)))

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 05:14:42 PM »
People just have to be sensible and not book a holiday to Baghdad et all...

Or to paraphrase Sir Lenny Henry in one his best sketches about "why Jamaicans went to Beirut" for their holidays!
"Unless you are permanently laid back and have to have a holiday for some serious angst".

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 02:25:02 AM »
I wonder how many people queuing in Kent today to go to France or elsewhere through the Eurotunnel, voted to leave ?   8)-)))

Oh dear, unlucky them.  The booze cruises wont be doing so well these days.   8)><(
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline misty

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 11:39:26 AM »

Are there also 12 mile queues for traffic coming the opposite way?
We've  had to send extra UK border staff over to France to help them out.

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 12:33:54 PM »

The queues on the south coast of England have nothing to do with Brexit.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »
It's a random French thing I think [gives Gallic shrug].
I nearly missed a flight, some did, at Charles de Gaule Airport about 8 years ago when the sole security person at the end of travelators feeding two intercontinental flights and a flight to East Mids seemingly went UDI and did the full works within her remit, to everyone. Eventually the travelators had to be switched off before we all fell over like donimoes (I know!). My flight to East Mids left late and without a lot passengers as a result.

stephen25000

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 01:19:06 PM »
Are there also 12 mile queues for traffic coming the opposite way?
We've  had to send extra UK border staff over to France to help them out.

I didn't say they had.

However, I did wonder how many of those queuing voted to leave Europe. 8((()*/

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 09:31:25 PM »
I didn't say they had.

However, I did wonder how many of those queuing voted to leave Europe. 8((()*/

I would hazzard a guess and say quite  few!  Many voted brexit from EU political nightmare, they didn't vote for, they still want to travel to Europe and do business there because they didn't vote for a war with all foreigners!

On saying that, it is a bit late in the day to start being that pedantic about security in France, after all the terrorists they let travel over here in the 80,s 90's, and ever since have been very active.

Just a wee reminder... Hello, among those millions of 'asylum seekers' there are terrorists telling all sorts of lies and using children to sheild their real objective in Europe.

I have been to most countries on that map- never flown with cheap and vile ryan air or the equally other cheap airlines who shunt paper panted travellers to  crude and vile 'resorts' to behave in a shameful and dispicable way.

lowcost means low life behaviour in my opinion=low moral standards. who wants to holiday with those types? I hope the rest of those cheap flights go bust!

The real reason is terrorism, some will spin it, but that is the truth of the matter.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin