Author Topic: Madeleine's 17th Birthday!  (Read 1760 times)

Online Eleanor

Madeleine's 17th Birthday!
« on: May 17, 2020, 04:24:52 PM »

Madeleines Birthday passed without note.  I did hope.  But no one said anything.

Is this how it will be?  Or am I being silly?

Just Happy Birthday, Madeleine will do.

Online Eleanor

Re: Madeleine's 17th Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 09:24:59 PM »
Too late now, of course.  But never mind.  Perhaps next year.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 08:02:42 AM »
Madeleines Birthday passed without note.  I did hope.  But no one said anything.

No, you're not being silly EL - I would have thought so too from those who believe Maddie is still here.

In my case, I don't believe she is - her last birthday was when she 3.

Did the mccs do anything is more to the point.

Hope everyone is keeping safe

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »

No, you're not being silly EL - I would have thought so too from those who believe Maddie is still here.

In my case, I don't believe she is - her last birthday was when she 3.

Did the mccs do anything is more to the point.

Hope everyone is keeping safe

I don't think maddie is still alive...she may be but imo its most unlikely

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 12:15:58 PM »
I don't think maddie is still alive...she may be but imo its most unlikely

I'm hoping, Davel, and I don't see what the harm is in that.  Whatever ... the one thing that is certain sure is that Scotland Yard and the Judicial Police still have a present and active interest in Madeleine McCann's case and in my opinion that could be in relation to recent developments arising from convictions in the Portuguese courts.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 12:22:52 PM »
I'm hoping, Davel, and I don't see what the harm is in that.  Whatever ... the one thing that is certain sure is that Scotland Yard and the Judicial Police still have a present and active interest in Madeleine McCann's case and in my opinion that could be in relation to recent developments arising from convictions in the Portuguese courts.

I'm hoping too... And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just correcting a misconception by some sceptics that supporters are convinced Maddie is still alive...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 01:31:58 PM »
I'm hoping too... And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just correcting a misconception by some sceptics that supporters are convinced Maddie is still alive...

In my opinion it is as easy to hope for a positive outcome as it is to hope for a negative one and also better for the health of the individual expressing the sentiment.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 02:07:28 PM »
In my opinion it is as easy to hope for a positive outcome as it is to hope for a negative one and also better for the health of the individual expressing the sentiment.

Whatever happened to maddie doesnt't affect my health so im afraid I cant agree with you. i hope Maddie is alive and well...but i doubt she is

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 04:42:51 PM »
Whatever happened to maddie doesnt't affect my health so im afraid I cant agree with you. i hope Maddie is alive and well...but i doubt she is

That is the point.  You are aware that she may be dead but you haven't written her off categorically.   You are open to the fact that in the absence of proof of death she may still be alive, which is the outcome to be hoped for.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 04:46:43 PM »
That is the point.  You are aware that she may be dead but you haven't written her off categorically.   You are open to the fact that in the absence of proof of death she may still be alive, which is the outcome to be hoped for.

absolutely

Offline John

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »

It was bound to happen Eleanor, people have new priorities these days.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 03:58:48 AM »

Forgetful tho' I am , I would have been there wishing Madeleine a Happy Birthday but unfortunately I have been unable to post for about 8 weeks, except for very rare occasions.  Some technical reason that I don't understand, but John gave me some advice … and now with hubbies help I am back, hopefully permanently

Belatedly,

A Happy Birthday Madeleine.

I believe that you are still alive Madeleine ... and atm., I doubt in Germany

Another Red Herring ?