Author Topic: Tony Bennett ! Misguided fool or fervent campaigner ?  (Read 23693 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

Re: Tony Bennett ! Misguided fool or fervent campaigner ?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »
Well, Devils Advocate, in the context of his recent activities, I would describe him as neither misguided fool or fervent campaigner.

In targetting individuals in the particularly personal and unpleasant way he has, I would say that attention seeking, self aggrandising wannabe Poirot / Ironside would be nearer the mark. 

I really cannot believe he has actually qualified as a solicitor.  I think his woeful performance in court before Mr Justice Tugendhut is ample proof.     

As for his stance of  "pluckly little Bennett, forced to represent himself against the evil empire of The McCanns, Carter Ruck and their legal team" - absolute tommyrot. 

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 04:08:45 PM »
Well, Devils Advocate, in the context of his recent activities, I would describe him as neither misguided fool or fervent campaigner.

In targetting individuals in the particularly personal and unpleasant way he has, I would say that attention seeking, self aggrandising wannabe Poirot / Ironside would be nearer the mark. 

I really cannot believe he has actually qualified as a solicitor.  I think his woeful performance in court before Mr Justice Tugendhut is ample proof.     

As for his stance of  "pluckly little Bennett, forced to represent himself against the evil empire of The McCanns, Carter Ruck and their legal team" - absolute tommyrot.

But to what gain ? The adulation of non descript keyboard warriors ! At his stage of his life, surely not ! There is something deeper in his psyche that is not being conveyed to those reading his words / posts, what it is is purely speculative as I have not spent any time in his company !

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 04:10:44 PM »

Good posts Jean-Pierre.   8@??)(

I would go further though.  Bennett crossed the line from virtual abuse to actual abuse and that is where he went wrong.  Had he restricted his campaign of hate to the internet he would not have been prosecuted or now had a jail sentence hanging over him.

I would say simply a FOOL!!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 04:18:09 PM »

But to what gain ? The adulation of non descript keyboard warriors ! At his stage of his life, surely not ! There is something deeper in his psyche that is not being conveyed to those reading his words / posts, what it is is purely speculative as I have not spent any time in his company !

To what gain?  God knows.  Maybe the adulation of his fans?  To be seen as a "somebody", and taking on "the establishment" in the relatively safe form of Drs McCann?

At this stage of his life - well, it must be a bit galling to have expended so much energy over the years and achieved so little of any substance, perhaps he saw an opportunity in this case.

debunker

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
Have you seen his misguided response?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »

I would go further though.  Bennett crossed the line from virtual abuse to actual abuse and that is where he went wrong.  Had he restricted his campaign of hate to the internet he would not have been prosecuted or now had a jail sentence hanging over him.

Thank you Angelo.  I think you are right in your comment about "crossing the line".   There is a difference between conducting a campaign against an institution or a government - which is perfectly capable of lokking after itself, and conducting a campaign against an individual.   

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »
In regards to this and other cases my question remains is he a misguided fool or fervent campaigner and what are his motives in your (and other members) view ?

misguided fool, NAH! he knows exactly what he's doing

He was only forced to represent himself, as he's a tight fisted git. He was told by Kirwins, he didn't stand a chance of winning, the case.
He causes nothing but havoc, with everything he touches. Couldn't care less what harm he causes to people, (and not just the McCann's).
Hides behind women, as long as they have a bob or two.
IMO, he's a sneeky little creep. He's still posting his rubbish, but has had new socks  @)(++(*
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Rachel Granada

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »
Tony Bennett's campaign against Kate and Gerry McCann is now over, thankfully.

He's yesterday's news now - and neither a misguided fool nor fervent campaigner.  Just a particularly malicious nobody who, amongst other things, tried to get Kate and Gerry McCann struck off the medical register.

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 04:33:46 PM »

Agreed with regard to excellent posts Jean-Pierre and I am leaning to your assertion Angelo.

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »

Hello debunker, no I have not seen his response, please elaborate, thank you.

debunker

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »

Hello debunker, no I have not seen his response, please elaborate, thank you.

Posted on the Magnanimous McCanns thread.

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »
Is that your contention debunker that your levels of brevity are sad and that your aspirations of actual evidence are silly ?
Can't say that I'd disagree to be honest !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:23:55 PM by John »

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
I know of Tony Bennett only what I have read.

so you know exactly the same as probably everyone else on here

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 06:18:30 PM »
bennett has made payments to the Mccanns, Smethurt and also Kennedy for his actions.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »
It seems that this thread has somehow strayed from the original topic.

It seems to have been derailed by a poster coming over all girly about alteration to his or her user name (a common tactic, used when the argument isn't going the way one wants).

So, could the poster who called Devils Advocate "Devils Avocado" please apologise (with the same level of sincerity used by Mr Bennett during the court case, please) and lets get this thread back on track.

Thank you.