Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Misinformation corrected.  (Read 70901 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Luke Mitchell - Misinformation corrected.
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2017, 10:42:38 AM »

Sandra Lean is an expert at manipulating facts to suit her own agenda.

"Explaining his motivation, Mr Binstead said: “I had contemplated writing the book for some years because I had always been fascinated by the mysterious and unique case of Gordon Park.

“What finally provoked me into actually putting pen to paper was a 2015 book 'No Smoke!

The Shocking Truth About British Justice,' which singles out case in question and seeks to depict it as an example of flawed police investigation, a totally misconceived decision to prosecute it, and finally a wrongful decision by the jury to convict the accused.

“As I had been involved in the case as a prosecutor and was very familiar with the evidence on which the case was based, I strongly felt that I should redress the balance.”

Mr Binstead's book is fiercely critical of Dr Lean's book.

He states: “Whatever merits Sandra Lean's book and her appraisal of the evidence in the Park case may have, they are, to my mind, completely eclipsed by her entrenched and overwhelming antagonism towards and her disdain for the way that the organs of the criminal justice system operate and conduct their affairs.”
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Former-prosecutor-publishes-book-backing-Lady-in-the-Lake-murder-conviction-5999268a-951e-413c-9ed6-9562fdc5819f-ds

"NO Smoke" Should be Revised or Withdrawn - http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8086.0.html
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:07:35 AM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »
...and still no word on why Luke Mitchell would request books on satanism

"A trio of books on Mitchell’s list are by Anton Szandor LaVey, the US founder of the Church of Satan, and include essays on demons, Nazism, cannibalism, death and child abuse.

In The Satanic Bible, LaVey discusses how someone could be considered “fit and proper” as a human sacrifice. The book concludes: “The answer is brutally simple. Anyone who has unjustly wronged you.”

Another title, Satan Speaks, has a foreword by goth musician Marilyn Manson, whose paintings and music were said to have inspired Mitchell’s murder of tragic Jodi.

Mitchell was just 15 when he stabbed his 14-year-old girlfriend to death in Easthouses, Midlothian.

Jodi’s mutilated body was found in woods near her home.

It emerged Mitchell had scratched 666 into his arm with a compass and drew Satanic symbols and quotes on his schoolbooks.

At his trial, prosecutors highlighted he was a Marilyn Manson fan who had shown an interest in the Black Dahlia, a notorious unsolved 1947 murder when aspiring Hollywood actress Elizabeth Short was mutilated. While under investigation for Jodi’s murder it emerged he had a demonic tattoo done.
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/killer-luke-mitchell-demands-satanic-books-in-jail-1-3375463

"Religious beliefs" - were these the same "religious beliefs" he held before murdering [Name removed]?  *&^^&

Dupers delight springs to mind  *&^^&

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:45:55 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2019, 11:39:19 PM »
Sandra Lean states here http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg451997.html#msg451997

I don't have time to address the mass of misinformation Lithium has posted here tonight - it'll have to wait until Monday.

Luke called his mum's work at either 4.15 or 4.25pm (I'll have to check the phone logs to confirm which one) to ask what to cook for tea. There's no requirement for store bought pies to be defrosted - they're usually cooked from frozen and take around 30 - 45 minutes to cook - if Luke put the pies in the oven after the phone call to his mum, they'd be ready for 5.15pm - maybe he put them on the top shelf instead of the middle, or maybe he set the temperature a bit too high.

@ approx 109.33 here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4 Corrine Mitchell states Luke spoke to his Gran when he phoned his Mums work

4.55pm Luke phones his mothers work and speaks to his grandmother
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/shirleymckie/luke-mitchell-jodi-jones-the-map-t609-s40.html

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10768.msg538201#msg538201

And Luke says he spoke to his Gran

In his police statement he says that he arrived home after his brother who was upstairs. He says that he had earlier telephoned his mothers caravan business and spoke with his gran who advised him to take a chicken pie out of the freezer for dinner. He stated that he made dinner but burned the pie.  He stated that his mother returned from work at 5.15pm and helped him finish off making dinner. He also stated that Shane came down and got his dinner, moaned a bit about the burnt pie and returned back upstairs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:56:33 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Parky41

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2019, 11:58:51 PM »
Really? No time to address the mis quotes of information until Monday, first response was within an hour of saying this.

My study just now is the play on 'words' the eagerness to respond , simply for attention of 'mis-information' put forth. What truly drives a person caught within lies?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2019, 12:08:49 AM »
Really? No time to address the mis quotes of information until Monday, first response was within an hour of saying this.

My study just now is the play on 'words' the eagerness to respond , simply for attention of 'mis-information' put forth. What truly drives a person caught within lies?

Indeed, the language of manipulation

Interesting to note Sandra Lean says here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7OVE_5L7Y @ approx 44.02

“it’s all designed to undermine the credibility of the information”
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:16:25 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2019, 11:47:05 AM »

What I find interesting is she’s had several years to address her misinformation regarding Simon Halls confession.

It appears to me it’s more beneficial to her agenda for doubt to remain as opposed to accepting she was conned.

Simon Hall and the others who knew about the Zenith burglary (whom she liaised with in order to carry out research for the chapter in her book “No Smoke”) failed to disclose their knowledge on this vital piece of information to her.

Yet when she learns about it she says:

In Feb 2013 she stated to me:
"I refer to your recent communications with me, your posts on the Bamber forum, and our previous exchanges.
While I appreciate that fighting a MOJ is an uphill struggle, and a steep learning curve, there are some "mistakes" which cannot be explained as ignorance, enthusiastic but misguided belief, or any of the other well trodden routes most people take on their journey towards justice.
I personally believe that your recent online behaviour, the way you handled Simon's confession to the other burglary, and the consequent attacks of Shaun and Stephanie Bon have all been detrimental to public support for Simon. The letter, supposedly from Simon, was a disgraceful slap in the face to many, many people who have tried to help Simon over the years

Let’s not forget - “Criminology is the study of crime, order and criminal justice. It considers a broad range of topics related to offending and victimisation, including their causes, social impact and prevention.

I’d be really interested to hear how she thinks I should have “handled Simon’s confession to the other burglary.”

there are some "mistakes" which cannot be explained as ignorance, enthusiastic but misguided belief, or any of the other well trodden routes most people take on their journey towards justice.”

She concluded it was “detrimental to public support for Simon” and “a disgraceful slap in the face to many, many people who have tried to help Simon over the years.”

All of which I found extremely telling. 

For example; indicative of a lack of insight and no thought whatsoever or consideration for me or indeed what the consequences of said “confession” meant in the grand scheme of things.

Which, on its own, should be a red flag for people like Corrine Mitchell.

This is factual evidence of how Sandra Lean ticks. She claims to be a “truthseeker” but I have long disbelieved this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:57:44 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2019, 01:08:42 PM »
Mr Binstead's book is fiercely critical of Dr Lean's book.

He states: “Whatever merits Sandra Lean's book and her appraisal of the evidence in the Park case may have, they are, to my mind, completely eclipsed by her entrenched and overwhelming antagonism towards and her disdain for the way that the organs of the criminal justice system operate and conduct their affairs.”
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Former-prosecutor-publishes-book-backing-Lady-in-the-Lake-murder-conviction-5999268a-951e-413c-9ed6-9562fdc5819f-ds

IMO all those people who have been taken in by Sandra Lean should put their bias to one side and not allow the fact the above statements are written by a retired prosecutor to get in the way of their judgement.

He makes valid points!

completely eclipsed” to the detriment of others.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:27:47 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2019, 01:33:43 PM »
Sandra Lean states here http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg451997.html#msg451997

I don't have time to address the mass of misinformation Lithium has posted here tonight - it'll have to wait until Monday.

Luke called his mum's work at either 4.15 or 4.25pm (I'll have to check the phone logs to confirm which one) to ask what to cook for tea. There's no requirement for store bought pies to be defrosted - they're usually cooked from frozen and take around 30 - 45 minutes to cook - if Luke put the pies in the oven after the phone call to his mum, they'd be ready for 5.15pm - maybe he put them on the top shelf instead of the middle, or maybe he set the temperature a bit too high.

@ approx 109.33 here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4 Corrine Mitchell states Luke spoke to his Gran when he phoned his Mums work

Still none the wiser to the time Luke Mitchell phoned and spoke to his gran. Was it 4.15 or 4.25pm or 4.50pm?

And can Corrine Mitchell remember what make of pies they were? Was it one pie between them or smaller individual pies? Don’t think that fact has been established? Where did she usually buy her pies? What were their favourite pies?

And was it a chicken pie or a steak pie? What did each of their witness statements say? Did one say steak and the other chicken for example?

If we can find out the type of pie(s), we can find out how long they would have taken to cook instead of guessing the length of time it takes to cook a pie.

Much of my research on the length of time it takes averaged around the 45-50 minute mark.

It might also be helpful if we can find out the make and model of the cooker used to cook said pies as well, as some ovens take longer than others. Was it an electric over, gas etc?

And did Luke put it on the top shelf as has been suggested? Where would he normally put food when he was cooking it in the oven? What shelf? Did the shelves get moved around on a regular basis or did they stay the same, as with many households?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:03:31 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2019, 01:40:48 AM »

His mum came home at 17.15, according to all three of the Mitchell family, and dinner was ready (This time is also supported by CCTV of Corinne leaving her work, stopping in at a local shop and reconstruction timings of the journey between the three places.

Not according to Luke Mitchell it wasn’t!

In his police statement he says that he arrived home after his brother who was upstairs. He says that he had earlier telephoned his mothers caravan business and spoke with his gran who advised him to take a chicken pie out of the freezer for dinner. He stated that he made dinner but burned the pie.  He stated that his mother returned from work at 5.15pm and helped him finish off making dinner. He also stated that Shane came down and got his dinner, moaned a bit about the burnt pie and returned back upstairs.

But Shane Mitchell said didn’t say anything to Luke about the burnt pie because he didn’t want to insult him.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:48:34 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2019, 01:55:09 AM »
Sandra Lean states here http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,551.msg452173.html#msg452173

“I've said for many years, there's a huge possibility that this was a stranger murder (as in, the killer didn't know Jodi personally

In contradiction to any alleged “punishment killing” then?

Who’s misleading who? Corrine Mitchell or Sandra Lean or both?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »

Guess it’s dependent on the personality of the person caught within the lies

Self-deception
The works of philosopher Alfred R. Mele have provided insight into some of the more prominent paradoxes regarding self-deception. Two of these paradoxes include the self-deceiver's state of mind and the dynamics of self-deception, coined the "static" paradox and the "dynamic/strategic" paradox, respectively.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deception

A 2016 study here https://www.nature.com/articles/nn.4426.epdf of what happens in the brain when you lie found that the more untruths a person tells, the easier and more frequent lying becomes. The results also indicated that self-interest seems to fuel dishonesty

Offline Parky41

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2019, 10:02:05 AM »
The problem I'm incurring just now, is the reason and motive behind individual pieces of selective information. Are some simply errors, a practice of being caught up in misleading information, not fully releasing falsehoods but distracting away from the truth, that others are searching for, The list goes on ending with prevaricate-(to speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.
Another commonly used word for this same behavior is to fudge, meaning to disingenuously avoid or talk around an issue.) Throughout each piece/response of information given and or replied to, I am putting out different scenarios as to why this may be depending on the individual, subject at hand.

I previously mentioned an example around the search party (trio) in ths case. The impression put out that they set out solely to head directly to the path, bypassing YW's house en route, which is a physical impossibility. I received an interesting response, to use in said work.

[🌟 Dr Sandra Lean replied to michael hamilton's comment

Dr Sandra Lean:

Peter Parkinson I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that [Name removed]'s statement was the only evidence supporting "walking past Yvonne's flat without checking" - as I wasn't entirely sure of the meaning of your post, I asked if that ([Name removed]'s statement) was the aspect to which you referred. I'm not entirely sure what your study is aiming to achieve, but I'd urge caution - without the full facts, you cannot possibly infer "word/information/play to add weight to the story" - in this instance, for example, you have made the unfortunate error of assuming I have "based this part on full trust of said witness." ]

Having no knowledge of said statement, I had found the reply interesting and asked why she put trust in JF on this occasion. The above reply to that question and trust issue, gives the impression (not assumption) that there are more witnesses to testify to this fact? If so, why still state the search party walked directly to the path?  The reply above appear to have been removed from Ms Leans personal You Tube video, comments section.

Dr Sandra Lean

Peter Parkinson Do you mean when John [Name removed] said in his police statement he was looking out of Yvonne's window and he saw the search trio walking past Yvonne's flat on their way to the path]

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 10:12:52 AM by Parky41 »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2019, 12:10:56 PM »
The problem I'm incurring just now, is the reason and motive behind individual pieces of selective information. Are some simply errors, a practice of being caught up in misleading information, not fully releasing falsehoods but distracting away from the truth, that others are searching for, The list goes on ending with prevaricate-(to speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.
Another commonly used word for this same behavior is to fudge, meaning to disingenuously avoid or talk around an issue.) Throughout each piece/response of information given and or replied to, I am putting out different scenarios as to why this may be depending on the individual, subject at hand.

I previously mentioned an example around the search party (trio) in ths case. The impression put out that they set out solely to head directly to the path, bypassing YW's house en route, which is a physical impossibility. I received an interesting response, to use in said work.

Dr Sandra Lean:

Peter Parkinson I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that [Name removed]'s statement was the only evidence supporting "walking past Yvonne's flat without checking" - as I wasn't entirely sure of the meaning of your post, I asked if that ([Name removed]'s statement) was the aspect to which you referred. I'm not entirely sure what your study is aiming to achieve, but I'd urge caution - without the full facts, you cannot possibly infer "word/information/play to add weight to the story" - in this instance, for example, you have made the unfortunate error of assuming I have "based this part on full trust of said witness." ]

Having no knowledge of said statement, I had found the reply interesting and asked why she put trust in JF on this occasion. The above reply to that question and trust issue, gives the impression (not assumption) that there are more witnesses to testify to this fact? If so, why still state the search party walked directly to the path?  The reply above appear to have been removed from Ms Leans personal You Tube video, comments section.

Dr Sandra Lean

Peter Parkinson Do you mean when John [Name removed] said in his police statement he was looking out of Yvonne's window and he saw the search trio walking past Yvonne's flat on their way to the path]

Could this help your work? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgIwfl4MBk

”The categorical imperative (German: kategorischer Imperativ) is the central philosophical concept in the deontological moral philosophy of Immanuel Kant. Introduced in Kant's 1785 Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals, it may be defined as a way of evaluating motivations for action.” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_imperative

Stephanie Hall has very valid points here. Obviously I have no doubts about Ben Geen, absolutely none whatsoever. But the “miscarriage of justice movement” does make mistakes because it is human and a human system, and humans and human systems do make mistakes. I think myself about the case of José Booij who, though herself certainly innocent, I am sure, was a very complex and unusual person with her own narcissism, and so blinded by the injustice that was done to her, that she blindly manipulated anyone who (she thought) might possibly be able to come to her aid. Who wouldn’t, in her situation?

To whom a disaster befalls it makes no difference whether they were innocent victims or evil perpetrators.

We have to remember that, in the penultimate analysis, *we are all narcissists*. We have to keep being reminded of Kant’s categorical imperative. It’s not built into our own brain/mind system. It was an invention, not a discovery. We have to choose to follow it. (We have to decide for ourselves, moreover, who we are going to include in the category “other people”. Immanuel Kant, for instance, probably excluded women and possibly also people of different “race” to his own).

Professor Richard Gill (with permission from the author to share with whoever may find it useful)

The above was in response to the following https://theerrorsthatplaguethemiscarriageofjusticemovement.home.blog/2019/05/11/the-clues-that-point-to-barry-georges/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:45:39 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »
I’m not entirely sure what your study is aiming to achieve, but I'd urge caution - without the full facts, you cannot possibly infer "word/information/play to add weight to the story"

This part of the response I find interesting for varying reasons but for another time maybe

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2019, 11:45:31 PM »
My study just now is the play on 'words'

This is taking a liberty  *&^^&

Justice campaigner: The Herald 15 Sep 2018ROZLYN LITTLE
“DOCTOR Sandra Lean has dedicated her career to defending those who have been wrongfully convicted.
A mother of two daughters, she had a quiet but content life, running her own business in the town of Dalkeith.
But that all changed when the area was rocked by the brutal murder of 14-year old Jodi Jones in June 2003.
The teenager was discovered in woodland behind Newbattle High School – the same school that her eldest attended. At the heart of the crime was the accusation that 14-year old Luke Mitchell, Jodi’s boyfriend, was the murderer.
The murder would take Lean in an unexpected direction, as she sought to understand the events which were unfolding on her doorstep. After doubts that Mitchell was the killer, she began to investigate, leading to the publication of her first book about miscarriages of justice.
She then gained her PHD in criminal justice, becoming a fully qualified paralegal at the same time as finishing her thesis, all the while campaigning for those wrongfully convicted.
She is currently assisting the Miscarriages of Justice Organisation, to launch a new appeal for the release of Mitchell, who was convicted of the murder of Jones.
She said: “My girls went to Newbattle High School and they walked along the path which runs at right angles to the path where Jodi was found. And the more I saw, the more I thought, ‘are my kids safe walking that path to school? Have they gone after the wrong guy?”
“I want to know, I want to be absolutely sure that they’ve got the right guy, so I know my girls are safe and that the person that did this is not still hanging about in those woods.”
Initially, she was surprised at how quickly suspicion fell on Mitchell and decided to turn away from local gossip. She was convinced of his innocence in 2009, when she first gained access to his case files.
She said: “There were at least half a dozen people who were people of interest. For example, people with previous histories of violently attacking women. These people all had a history. They were in the system, and usually when something like that happens, they trawl the system looking for people who have committed similar crimes. That’s just a standard thing. And yet they didn’t do it in this case. And you’re just left thinking, why?”
Dr Lean is back compiling evidence alongside other experts to launch a third appeal for Mitchell.
She says: “It’s wrong and it needs to be put right because it could be any one of us. And to sit where Jodi’s mum is sitting now, 15 years down the line, not knowing the truth. That cannot be acceptable.”
Along the way, she has faced criticism and even death threats from members of the local community. Some call her disrespectful for her work, but she says. “I don’t think it’s disrespectful to seek the truth under any circumstances.”
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:47:36 PM by Nicholas »