Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 77108 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Have they sued anyone successfully then ? I thought the newspapers settled out of court.

after a letter from lawyers

Offline faithlilly

after a letter from lawyers

But they didn’t win....the newspapers settled out of court because they had no defence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

But they didn’t win....the newspapers settled out of court because they had no defence.
so they were successful.....and Netflix will realise  they should not make any defamatory claims

Offline faithlilly

so they were successful.....and Netflix will realise  they should not make any defamatory claims

Does America do no win no fee for liable cases ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

Does autocorrect not recognise the word “libel”?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

Does America do no win no fee for liable cases ?
Do yoy understand how libel works in the US.. Libel per se

Offline faithlilly

Do yoy understand how libel works in the US.. Libel per se

Enlighten us.

Offline Mr Gray

Enlighten us.

I already have... Libel per se

Offline faithlilly

I already have... Libel per se

If Netflix can spend 20 million pounds on a documentary can you imagine how much they have for lawyers ?

Offline Mr Gray

If Netflix can spend 20 million pounds on a documentary can you imagine how much they have for lawyers ?

Doesn't matter how much they have if they make a serious defamatory statement they can't prove

Offline faithlilly

Doesn't matter how much they have if they make a serious defamatory statement they can't prove

And where are the parents going to get the money to sue ? I believe they still owe Amaral etc.

Offline Mr Gray

And where are the parents going to get the money to sue ? I believe they still owe Amaral etc.

If it's shown in the UK will probably be able to use CR..

Or this chap.. Principal attorney British and US citizen Jonathan Charles Capp is a qualified California and New York attorney and English Barrister.

Capp and Associates can represent their international clients on hourly rates, for flat fees and also on contingency-that is on a no-win no fee, percentage recovery basis

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:45:04 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

If it's shown in the UK will probably be able to use CR..

Or this chap.. Principal attorney British and US citizen Jonathan Charles Capp is a qualified California and New York attorney and English Barrister.

Capp and Associates can represent their international clients on hourly rates, for flat fees and also on contingency-that is on a no-win no fee, percentage recovery basis

Netflix is American and they will have to sue in America. Do American lawyers do CFA ?

Offline Eleanor

Eight Parts or Two Parts?  That's the thing.  Are they cutting it down perhaps?

Offline Mr Gray

Netflix is American and they will have to sue in America. Do American lawyers do CFA ?

From my post... Yes... And I'm not sure they have to sue in the US... If they are accused of any serious crimes then it will be relatively easy to sue in the US