Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 75531 times)

Offline Angelo222

Which of those questions do you think Kate would struggle to answer if posed by a Netflix interrogator?

#48   Did you have any responsibility or intervention in your daughter's disappearance?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

I think it is absolutely priceless anyway.  Kate and Gerry McCann are are regularly excoriated in some quarters for their use of publicity and exposure in the press (celebs ????) to promote Madeleine at a time when the regular police forces were ignoring her and doing nothing to find her.

Now they are being castigated for not appearing in the media when there is a full blown police investigation into Madeleine's case in progress.

They just cannot win whatever they do ... you really could not make it up ... and it looks as if they are astute enough (unlike Ms Brown) to ensure that by clever editing the footage Netflix won't be able to manipulate them or make it up either.  How frustrating for them 😜

Are you saying that Netflix editors are unethical?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

Which of those questions do you think Kate would struggle to answer if posed by a Netflix interrogator?

If Kate had agreed to be interviewed on Netflix I really think we would be having a vastly different discussion here along the usual lines.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

#48   Did you have any responsibility or intervention in your daughter's disappearance?

Why should Kate answer any questions from a film maker

Offline Brietta

Are you saying that Netflix editors are unethical?

Absolutely not ... just as I do not think Sacha Baron Cohen is unethical.  I do think anyone who takes part in and signs away their rights to have some say as to how they are portrayed in a series of documentaries hasn't thought things through to conclusion. https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=186aae0f-6039-4a7e-8da3-ca1f9b024f9f
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

No .  Next question?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

No .  Next question?

@)(++(*     strangely she couldn't answer that when asked.  Do you think she was confused?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

@)(++(*     strangely she couldn't answer that when asked.  Do you think she was confused?
No, I know she was advised not to answer any questions, but you know that.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

If Kate had agreed to be interviewed on Netflix I really think we would be having a vastly different discussion here along the usual lines.
Yes.  “Publicity seeking”, “money grabbing”, “breaking Judicial Secrecy”, etc etc etc.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Yes.  “Publicity seeking”, “money grabbing”, “breaking Judicial Secrecy”, etc etc etc.

Oh i don't know... maybe those things, or perhaps they just feel that there is so much in the social media comments which do not see them as 'victims' anymore, or they don't get overall control of what is said and how they are portrayed.

They do seem to go to such lenghts to protect their reputation.

Did anyone watch the program?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

Oh i don't know... maybe those things, or perhaps they just feel that there is so much in the social media comments which do not see them as 'victims' anymore, or they don't get overall control of what is said and how they are portrayed.

They do seem to go to such lenghts to protect their reputation.

Did anyone watch the program?

It hasn’t been on yet. It did appear to warrant an official update.

‘Updates

06th March 2019

Statement by Kate and Gerry McCann regarding Netflix programme “The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann”

Start

‘We are aware that Netflix are planning to screen a documentary in March 2019 about Madeleine’s disappearance. The production company told us that they were making the documentary and asked us to participate. We did not see and still do not see how this programme will help the search for Madeleine and, particularly given there is an active police investigation, could potentially hinder it.

Consequently, our views and preferences are not reflected in the programme.

We will not be making any further statements or giving interviews regarding this programme.’

Gerry and Kate McCann’

Hinder the search ? Now where have we heard that before ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

It hasn’t been on yet. It did appear to warrant an official update.

‘Updates

06th March 2019

Statement by Kate and Gerry McCann regarding Netflix programme “The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann”

Start

‘We are aware that Netflix are planning to screen a documentary in March 2019 about Madeleine’s disappearance. The production company told us that they were making the documentary and asked us to participate. We did not see and still do not see how this programme will help the search for Madeleine and, particularly given there is an active police investigation, could potentially hinder it.

Consequently, our views and preferences are not reflected in the programme.

We will not be making any further statements or giving interviews regarding this programme.’

Gerry and Kate McCann’

Hinder the search ? Now where have we heard that before ?

"Consequently, our views and preferences are not reflected in the programme"

How do they know their views and preferences are not reflected. I wonder if they insisted on editorial rights lol 

We can take from this the family are still searching for their daughter/grandaughter then. Does anyone know the last place they looked and when that was?

The police are just still trying to figure out how the child disappeared...

Offline faithlilly

"Consequently, our views and preferences are not reflected in the programme"

How do they know their views and preferences are not reflected. I wonder if they insisted on editorial rights lol 

We can take from this the family are still searching for their daughter/grandaughter then. Does anyone know the last place they looked and when that was?

The police are just still trying to figure out how the child disappeared...

Strange that we didn’t get this kind of statement when Summers and wife published their tome even though, I believe, the parents didn’t participate in that either.

Can we garner from this statement that the documentary is going to be exactly McCann friendly ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Strange that we didn’t get this kind of statement when Summers and wife published their tome even though, I believe, the parents didn’t participate in that either.

Can we garner from this statement that the documentary is going to be exactly McCann friendly ?

I am hoping they show us how the 'abduction ' actually happened via a window. It may be a  McCann friendly docu.

I am not familiar with their work. do they do factual or glitzy, crass celebrity style dramadocus for entertainment?

Offline faithlilly

I am hoping they show us how the 'abduction ' actually happened via a window. It may be a  McCann friendly docu.

I am not familiar with their work. do they do factual or glitzy, crass celebrity style dramadocus for entertainment?

Some info from a while back.

UK indies ride Netflix wave
By Peter White7 September 2017

Pulse Films lands Madeleine McCann doc as SVoD services help to prop up flat indie sector

Pulse Films will investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for Netflix, as the SVoD revolution gathers pace for UK indies.

The eight-part true-crime series is being made in association with Viacom-owned Hollywood studio Paramount Television. It aims to shine a light on the three-year- old’s disappearance in 2007, and will include interviews with key figures and investigators.

Pulse managing director of non-scripted television Emma Cooper is exec producing the project. The Vice-owned indie declined to comment.

The project is Paramount Television’s highest profile factual series to date. It recently co-produced comedy-drama Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events for Netflix and is co-financing BBC1’s forthcoming John Le Carré adaptation The Spy Who Came In From The Cold.

Pulse’s project is the latest in a long line of McCann documentaries; in May, BBC1 aired Panorama special Madeleine McCann: Ten Years On, while a Crimewatch special on the disappearance drew nearly 7 million viewers in 2013.