Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 76167 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Some info from a while back.

UK indies ride Netflix wave
By Peter White7 September 2017

Pulse Films lands Madeleine McCann doc as SVoD services help to prop up flat indie sector

Pulse Films will investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for Netflix, as the SVoD revolution gathers pace for UK indies.

The eight-part true-crime series is being made in association with Viacom-owned Hollywood studio Paramount Television. It aims to shine a light on the three-year- old’s disappearance in 2007, and will include interviews with key figures and investigators.

Pulse managing director of non-scripted television Emma Cooper is exec producing the project. The Vice-owned indie declined to comment.

The project is Paramount Television’s highest profile factual series to date. It recently co-produced comedy-drama Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events for Netflix and is co-financing BBC1’s forthcoming John Le Carré adaptation The Spy Who Came In From The Cold.

Pulse’s project is the latest in a long line of McCann documentaries; in May, BBC1 aired Panorama special Madeleine McCann: Ten Years On, while a Crimewatch special on the disappearance drew nearly 7 million viewers in 2013.

Thanks for that info Faith
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

Strange that we didn’t get this kind of statement when Summers and wife published their tome even though, I believe, the parents didn’t participate in that either.

Can we garner from this statement that the documentary is going to be exactly McCann friendly ?
@)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

They will probably go through the same old,  the window etc.    They can't have anything new otherwise they would have to have given it to the Police.   It's just to make money.    The McCann's declined as there is a live Police investigation going on.

Offline faithlilly

They will probably go through the same old,  the window etc.    They can't have anything new otherwise they would have to have given it to the Police.   It's just to make money.    The McCann's declined as there is a live Police investigation going on.

There was a live police investigation going on when they took part in Madeleine One Year On.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

There was a live police investigation going on when they took part in Madeleine One Year On.
Shows they have more respect for the current investigation than the botched initial one.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

This'll get the juices flowing,for some at least.

Portuguese police chief who claimed Madeleine McCann is dead and her parents faked her kidnap will take key role in new Netflix documentary on the missing girl

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6805799/Police-chief-claimed-Madeleine-McCann-dead-key-role-new-Netflix-documentary.html
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline Mr Gray

Can amaral speak without libelling the McCanns

Offline Venturi Swirl

Can amaral speak without libelling the McCanns
He can do what he likes now, he’s untouchable.

Offline jassi

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline Robittybob1

Sounds like an expensive flop to me.
You would wonder why it has cost so much to produce.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

You would wonder why it has cost so much to produce.
Amaral’s fee?   @)(++(*

Offline Venturi Swirl

Is that fact? Or is that a libel?
You watch you don't land up in the ECHR. (&^&
It was a tongue and cheek suggestion, so sue me.   ?{)(**