Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591418 times)

Redblossom

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2013, 08:38:07 PM »
Sorry, Red, it´s not an official statement- it´s a press interview. It´s actually on one of the first pages of this thread.

Ok thank you, will have a read back....though must admit I take these so called witnesses who came forward months and years later and their fifteen mins of fame, and there have been sooooo many, with a huge dose of salt
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:40:01 PM by Redblossom »

Offline twisted

« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2013, 08:49:11 PM »
I agree with you. Mr Mc Kenzie came forward in September after ringing Crimebusters with the statement about Gerry´s call around 23.00 on the 3rd May where he mentions that Maddie has quite possibly been taken by paedophiles.  He then mentions the cigarette ends when they changed his flat on the last morning before returning to the airport. I suppose people just want to be helpful?

Redblossom

« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »
I agree with you. Mr Mc Kenzie came forward in September after ringing Crimebusters with the statement about Gerry´s call around 23.00 on the 3rd May where he mentions that Maddie has quite possibly been taken by paedophiles.  He then mentions the cigarette ends when they changed his flat on the last morning before returning to the airport. I suppose people just want to be helpful?

I wouldnt count him in...he rang crimestoppers....he didnt go to the papers and get his face plastered over them to tell his tales about dodgy people seen six months or weeks before  and nowhere near the area...he didnt have a sudden pang of conscience two years later and ring up the private detectives to tell them about an incident in spain a few days after may 3rd which was so tenuous....he didnt give a story which was unbeleivable or changed several times..he didnt definitely spot maddie but was late for his plane so didnt alert security at the airport..he didnt snap Maddie spotted in Morocco and wait a month to upload the pic and send to police.......and other such dung......the list is long.....and he had a legit reason for ringing later....with more information....that he had read in the papers about the mccanns phone records  iirc......being looked at
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:32:16 PM by Redblossom »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2013, 01:03:42 AM »
I'm reading that the letter was received at the De Telegraaf on the 7th June -  McCann's arrived in Amsterdam on the 6th and left on the 7th June.

"Telegraph received on Thursday, June 7, so five weeks after the disappearance, an anonymous letter with a map of the Algarve.  A tipster had a place to indicate where the body of Maddie buried. This was the starting point for reporters Coen Springelkamp and Johan van den Dongen to June 11 to go to Portugal.  The McCanns were told on June 8, through Their spokesman informed the tip and the arrival of Coen and John. The McCanns refused contact with the journalists." Ko van Dijk

I've just contacted Coen to hopefully confirm the date it was received.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:46:27 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
FRI 8 JUNE / SAT 9 JUNE

If they were told about the letter on the 8th it may explain why Gerry was absent from the church that night:

"Kate and most of the family headed down to the church for the regular Friday night vigil but I was just too shattered. Tomorrow will largely be a family day although I am not sure what we will be doing yet."

GM 8/6 Last ping 18:52 Next ping 9/6 9:40 - nearly 15 hour gap!

No early night for Kate though. Pinging up until 23:42. She actually has a ping for 01:25 later that night (9/6).

9/6 "After this we headed down to Sagres which is the very most southwestern tip of Portugal. There is a very nice beach and we had lunch with the family."

11:24 PdL Centro
{ 2.5 hour gap }
14:00 Sagres
{ 2.5 hour gap }
16:28 Budens
16:29 Budens
16:32 PdL
PdL to Sagres should be around a 30 minute drive.

If Gerry hadn't received that withheld call at 2pm there would be no proof his mobile ever travelled to Sagres.

That letter should have been kept secret. What's the point of the PJ doing a search if every tom, dick and harry knows about it  8-)(--)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:12:58 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »
FRI 8 JUNE / SAT 9 JUNE

If they were told about the letter on the 8th it may explain why Gerry was absent from the church that night:

"Kate and most of the family headed down to the church for the regular Friday night vigil but I was just too shattered. Tomorrow will largely be a family day although I am not sure what we will be doing yet."

GM 8/6 Last ping 18:52 Next ping 9/6 9:40 - nearly 15 hour gap!

No early night for Kate though. Pinging up until 23:42. She actually has a ping for 01:25 later that night (9/6).

9/6 "After this we headed down to Sagres which is the very most southwestern tip of Portugal. There is a very nice beach and we had lunch with the family."

11:24 PdL Centro
{ 2.5 hour gap }
14:00 Sagres
{ 2.5 hour gap }
16:28 Budens
16:29 Budens
16:32 PdL
PdL to Sagres should be around a 30 minute drive.

If Gerry hadn't received that withheld call at 2pm there would be no proof his mobile ever travelled to Sagres.

That letter should have been kept secret. What's the point of the PJ doing a search if every tom, dick and harry knows about it  8-)(--)

Who actually told The McCanns about the letter -was it the PJ, or somebody else  and when did the PJ do the search?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
Amsterdam police informed the PJ so I suppose they informed the McCann's. It's all a bit of a mystery until I find out more about the dates.

Police have alerted journalists to the fact that they may be "contaminating" the region, destroying eventual evidence and clues.

Mr De Sousa said a group of journalists had hired sniffer dogs to search the area on Thursday. 

"These people are people who have no police training and who are walking around the bush looking for a scoop," he said.

The paper says the letter was accompanied by a map. It claims the girl's body is "to the north of a road, under trees and rocks about five to six metres from the road in an arid area".

I would need a closer view to check out smaller dirt tracks. Creek is seen in top left corner and it would be worth following but not enough details is known about the importance of it.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:52:32 PM by pathfinder73 »

Redblossom

« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »
How about idiotic nonsensical martian brained  statements???

Rachael Mampilly witness statement - 15th May 2007

'The window shutters of the McCann's apartment were closed. The patio door that they used to enter the apartment also had its shutter closed. In order to enter they had to raise the shutter.'

Nite
 8-)(--)

Offline pegasus

« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2013, 12:44:37 AM »
Re "withheld call at 2pm" do you mean the number is missing in the PJ files?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »
Here's 9/6

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:51:00 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
"The (hire) car had been garaged at the home of John Geraghty, a friend of the McCanns, near Praia da Luz."

Where does he live? What do we know about John Geraghty? No statement in the files. He was the one who got the keys to the church for the McCann's. Also reading he loaned them a car before they got the hire car.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:07:17 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »
Pathfinder yes you are correct the callers number for the 2007-06-09 14:00:13 incoming 2 minute call has been redacted, but then so have some other numbers.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2013, 11:34:51 PM »
Why did they have to get Madeleine's DNA sample back in England? So there was no DNA evidence of Madeleine found in 5A. They couldn't find her DNA on hairs found on any of her clothes, bed/pillow, hairbrush. Kids sharing same toothbrush is another discrepancy.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:37:00 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Benice

« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2013, 11:52:12 PM »
Why did they have to get Madeleine's DNA sample back in England? So there was no DNA evidence of Madeleine found in 5A. They couldn't find her DNA on hairs found on any of her clothes, bed/pillow, hairbrush. Kids sharing same toothbrush is another discrepancy. Is this correct?

IIRC the pillow etc were  collected from England to provide a DNA sample which could only have belonged to Madeleine.    I presume there was no guarantee that the same hairbrush or toothbrushes had not been used by all three children whilst on holiday.

Her pillow from her own bed at home with say a dribble stain on it,  or hairs from inside her hat or coat would provide the most reliable samples from Madeleine for the purposes of DNA testing.    That's from memory, so I am happy to be corrected if necessary.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »
They shouldn't be collecting DNA for the case. That is the police job. That DNA should be cross-checked with 5A DNA to make sure it's a perfect match for Madeleine. Any DNA evidence is crucial to the case to know what may have happened to Madeleine.