Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 592547 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »
Recently others have suggested that slightly less than 100% of information given by witnesses to private investigators was immediately passed to PJ/LP (see Sundae Times apology thread)

I ran a diff program on two versions of a Daily Meal article (the program highlights differences between the two versions).
The paper spoke to a witness on 26/09/07, published the original article on 27/09/07 then changed it on 14/10/07.
What I am interested in is the information was removed by the revision, which is -
1. That the boat sighting was at 2330 on 05/05/07 (the revision removed the time but not the date).
2. That the witness had spoken twice to LP about it (removed in revision).
3. That the witness also saw the person on 06/05/07 (removed in revision).
BTW big credit to http://www.mccannfiles.com/id70.html for saving this odd revision it has disappeared fromthe Meal and Wayback.

Why was the claim, that the witness had spoken twice to LP, removed?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:50:56 AM by pegasus »

Offline jassi

« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2013, 08:34:27 AM »
If this is a true report, will the witness statement not be amongst the released PJ files?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2013, 10:13:47 PM »
Madeleine is always a bundle of energy who never stops according to her parents and friends but on the day she goes missing she is so tired and worn out. Another discrepancy. Maybe she had a wonderfulspam spliff from the black rasta tracta man which knocked her out.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:19:41 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2013, 10:21:03 PM »
Madeleine is always a bundle of energy who never stops according to her parents and friends but on the day she goes missing she is so tired and worn out. Another discrepancy. Maybe she had a wonderfulspam spliff from the black rasta tracta man which knocked her out.

no...being on holiday wears kids out

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2013, 10:23:21 PM »
Yes and on the day that she goes missing.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #290 on: December 31, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »
no...being on holiday wears kids out

What was the reason Gerry asked David to go to the apartment at 6.30? To take the kids out to play. Why would Gerry do this if he knew Madeleine was tired and worn out. I'm after reality not fantasy. I think Kate couldn't stand the sight of her husband that day with his flirting with women and his awful treatment of her the night before - the real reason she slept in the other bed. Maybe that's why Gerry sent David to go.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:37:52 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #291 on: December 31, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
What was the reason Gerry asked David to go to the apartment at 6.30? To take the kids out to play. Why would Gerry do this if he knew Madeleine was tired and worn out. I'm after reality not fantasy. I think Kate couldn't stand the sight of her husband that day with his flirting with women and his awful treatment of her the night before - the real reason she slept in the other bed. Maybe that's why Gerry sent David to go.

Sounds like a pretty realistic possibility to me.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline sadie

« Reply #292 on: December 31, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »
Somewhere in the statements there is your answer.

IIRC, Gerry asked Dave to go to see if Kate needed any help.  It would be no easy job for Kate to bathe, and nappy and pyjama-ize three kids all aged 2 or 3, especially if one was especially tired and possibly cranky.  Maybe he felt guilty, playing tennis when he usually helped?

I read nothing to indicate that Dave was to bring the children back to the playground, but I may have missed that.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #293 on: December 31, 2013, 01:09:36 PM »
Rubbish he didn't send David there to bath his kids. I think people are easily manipulated and people can change things to suit their own agenda very easily. Routines are different on the day she disappeared and this will be investigated.

"I walked up there, Kate was you know I say looking very relaxed and err I say a comment to her I said well crikey it’s early, early for them to be getting ready you know for bed, as I say she said ah no, I’ve had such a good, you know such a good day and afternoon err so you know, and Gerry’s just obviously finishing off playing tennis and err so you know hopefully try and get them down." (DP)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:28:57 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Lace

« Reply #294 on: December 31, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
With respect Ann I think you are nitpicking.   Grime uses the word 'seal' in his explanation of how Eddie came to alert at the car door.   

Car doors have rubber seals all round their interior to ensure the doors fit absolutely snugly when they are closed so that no water can get in.  Common sense dictates that it will be more difficult for odour to escape from such a securely closed car -  than from cupboards and drawers which have no seals whatsoever.     But I'm sure you already know that.

So the question still remains -  Why did Eddie fail to alert  to the items of clothing which were present at the time of his search at the villa -  but which he then later alerted to at the Gym after their removal by the PJ?

Well said  Benice those clothes would have been there wouldn't they,   very odd.

Also very odd that the three articles of clothes alerted by Eddie were numbers 1,2  and 3 coming out of the box of clothing etc.

1.   Kate's trousers
2.   Kate's top
3.   Small red t.shirt

All coming out of the box in that order

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:50:41 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline jassi

« Reply #295 on: December 31, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
Well said  Benice those clothes would have been there wouldn't they,   very odd.

Also very odd that the three articles of clothes alerted by Eddie were numbers 1,2  and 3 coming out of the box of clothing etc.

1.   Kate's trousers
2.   Kate's top
3.   Small red t.shirt

All coming out of the box in that order

Is that what's known as 'thinking inside the box'?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #296 on: December 31, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »
Somewhere in the statements there is your answer.

IIRC, Gerry asked Dave to go to see if Kate needed any help.  It would be no easy job for Kate to bathe, and nappy and pyjama-ize three kids all aged 2 or 3, especially if one was especially tired and possibly cranky.  Maybe he felt guilty, playing tennis when he usually helped?

I read nothing to indicate that Dave was to bring the children back to the playground, but I may have missed that.

Somewhere in the statements which you obviously  havent read is the answer, the kids were bathed by 6pm by both k and g....dave was sent to help bring them to the play area, something both k and g had decided they wouldnt do that night, so why did G forget and send him over to do so?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN_ARGUIDO.htm

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:03:30 PM by Redblossom »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #297 on: December 31, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
Exactly and why was that brown stain mentioned. If Madeleine was found and that brown stain was discovered that could be very incriminating. I don't think Madeleine wanted to go to bed early and this opens up a can of worms. They will be looking at DP's visit at 6.30 to Gerry's return to the apartment at 7pm very closely.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:10:32 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Victoria

« Reply #298 on: December 31, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »
Exactly and why was that brown stain mentioned. If Madeleine was found and that brown stain was discovered that could be very incriminating. I don't think Madeleine wanted to go to bed early and this opens up a can of worms. They will be looking at DP's visit at 6.30 to Gerry's return to the apartment at 7pm very closely.

Why would a brown stain be incriminating?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #299 on: December 31, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »
It could be because we don't know what is was but I think Madeleine spat it back out onto her pyjama top.