Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591416 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2014, 12:17:18 AM »
Has she described the car, i.e. small, big, black, white?
She would have seen only the vehicle lights.

Redblossom

« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »
She would have seen only the vehicle lights.

Why would that be suspicious if at all? Maybe it was a couple going to a quiet romantic spot? is the place out of bounds or something normally?

Standing on street corners looking dodgy and looking at apartments is bad enough ...well unless you look up in the sky or to the ground youre sure bound to be looking at some apartment, especially if youre just "waiting" for someone, but driving somewhere? at 10 pm? Was it illegal?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:30:48 AM by Redblossom »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2014, 12:35:41 AM »
In my humble opinion peeps are making a mistake thinking everything which  that source (who told us for example about the lady seeing the car on the hill) says in statements, in book, and in diary, as lies and diversions. IMO it is the opposite and this is an honest and innocent source.

Redblossom

« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2014, 12:39:11 AM »
In my humble opinion peeps are making a mistake thinking everything which  that source (who told us for example about the lady seeing the car on the hill) says in statements, in book, and in diary, as lies and diversions. IMO it is the opposite and this is an honest and innocent source.

Was that a long winded obscure way of saying kate mccann is telling the truth? Gosh why not just say so, sheesh

"which that source, who told us etc"

@)(++(*

>>> gnite!!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:42:01 AM by Redblossom »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #439 on: February 28, 2014, 12:42:10 AM »
Why would that be suspicious if at all? .......
The witness MMH thought it significant/unusual enough to report.
Only the west slopes of that big hill are visible from town, and  on the visible parts.were only dirt tracks.

Redblossom

« Reply #440 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:02 AM »
Only the west slopes of that big hill are visible from town, and  on the visible parts.were only dirt tracks.

No, not necessarily "unusual" youre just "assuming" that, people report anything, even if "normal" around any event in case it "might" have  a significance

Why did she not say this in her statement in the first place anyway? After telling mrs K?
have to go, catch up tomorrow
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:49:25 AM by Redblossom »

Lyall

« Reply #441 on: February 28, 2014, 12:48:40 AM »

Problem is that when people start trying to help they can start imagining they saw significant things (I know this myself from major incidents years ago).

Offline pegasus

« Reply #442 on: February 28, 2014, 01:05:20 AM »
Problem is that when people start trying to help they can start imagining they saw significant things (I know this myself from major incidents years ago).
True but the job of police is to accurately collect all those bits and examine them just in case a few are relevant.
Instead we hear of this witness not from the files, but from KM's book (and IIRC there may have been a brief press interview but I lost it)

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #443 on: February 28, 2014, 01:13:43 AM »

Sometimes these most helpful are the most suspicious.. not saying it about this lady but in general.. I remember a case where I was present when the police came and I overheard a policeman saying 'Who was the first person to report it? Please check him out!'  This is why sometimes people even don't want to report stuff..

Lyall

« Reply #444 on: February 28, 2014, 01:32:06 AM »
Sometimes these most helpful are the most suspicious.. not saying it about this lady but in general.. I remember a case where I was present when the police came and I overheard a policeman saying 'Who was the first person to report it? Please check him out!'  This is why sometimes people even don't want to report stuff..

Yep it's a big step to pick up that phone for many people. But others are the opposite: they love the attention and if they're also easily influenced that's a recipe for trouble.

Not easy being the police you know, in any country.

I convinced myself I'd seen the perpetrators of a major crime many, many years ago, simply because I'd been at the exact location before the incident and swore I'd seen people 'looking suspicious' Very suspicious actually (in my imagination) and if I'd gone to the police my statement would likely have sounded quite similar to some of the people claiming to have seen people hanging around 'looking odd' in PdL in the days before the disappearance. It's easily done.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #445 on: February 28, 2014, 01:35:42 AM »
In some cases it happens that one of the first peeps to report an incident turns out later to be the perp and the recent Croydon case would be an example. However it is unscientific to adopt that as a general guideline.
Its true that some peeps in PDL were reluctant to be seen talking to police, having observed what happened to for example LA who although totally innocent and uninvolved suddenly lost most customers just because of being talked to by police.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
Processos XV 4013-4014
" I saw a manhole with a cover removed. This manhole is situated on a junction of a road that runs parallel to the supermarket near to the Tapas Bar and the McCanns apartment. The cover along with the surround that been removed and placed to the side of the road. The road is lit by street lighting but I believe you would not have seen the hole and anyone could have fallen in. I returned the next day and noticed that the cover had been replaced. I am concerned that she may have fallen down the manhole and was not seen."

This transcript records the manhole location vaguely. It would be easy for the current SY investigation to ask this witness for the precise location marked on a map of this manhole cover, which could then be confirmed even more exactly by getting PJ Porto to make and send photographs of the manhole covers at the location identified by witness. Also to ask the exact date and time he saw the hole with cover and surround removed, and the exact date and time he saw it with cover and surround replaced.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:55:00 PM by pegasus »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #447 on: February 28, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »
It would be easy for the current SY investigation to ask
Every day you write, about some point, "it would be easy for the current SY..."  I wish I knew why ? Do you think that DCI Redwood reads this forum ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2014, 05:17:30 PM »
Every day you write, about some point, "it would be easy for the current SY..."  I wish I knew why ? Do you think that DCI Redwood reads this forum ?
IMO SY do not look at forums.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »
IMO SY do not look at forums.
Then why do you suggest here diligences for SY ?