Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591416 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1575 on: July 20, 2015, 01:23:14 AM »
Fiona says they had "a glass of wine" with their meal each night. Gerry McCann says they "each" had a bottle of wine with their meal each night.

Sorry PF, not sure which part you thought was strange, but I was reading Gerry Mccanns Statement just earlier and noticed this.

Not exactly matching.

I don't think they were really drinking that night. Fiona said wine is always present at their table because you get it when you arrive. "I couldn't tell you whether that night whether anyone had beer or who had wine."  &%+((£

Gerry flies back to UK - 21 May 2007.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1576 on: July 20, 2015, 01:30:34 AM »
Yes, maybe that night they didn't have the time to drink as much as normally, no worries

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1577 on: July 20, 2015, 01:47:31 AM »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Admin

« Reply #1578 on: July 20, 2015, 01:53:45 AM »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1579 on: July 20, 2015, 01:54:52 AM »
That is the interview where he said "confusion is good" albeit not in so many words

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1580 on: July 20, 2015, 02:02:47 AM »
22 May 2007

Gerry: I would say, as a family, and I hope that everyone else here treats all suspects the way that we would hope to be treated and their presumed innocent until someone is charged, arrested and convicted of any criminal offence. Errr, we have been assured by the British police that the information that we get is similar to what you would expect to get at home. And, you know, we don't want too much detail. When there's real developments we want to know about them."

Sandra Felgueiras (RTP): "But did you know Robert Murat?"

Gerry: "I'm not going to comment on that." (coughs)

Offline pathfinder73

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:19:33 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1582 on: July 20, 2015, 02:21:15 AM »
That is the interview where he said "confusion is good" albeit not in so many words

“In fact, one of the slight positives in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspapers, watching TV, to know what is true and what's not”. GM

Offline Benice

« Reply #1583 on: July 20, 2015, 07:56:36 AM »

Below is what he actually said:     He was talking about 'stories' in the press etc. which were so conflicting at times that at least people would realise they could not all be reporting the truth.   And as we know they certainly were not - as all manner of scurrilous lies and rumours were being printed.     I see nothing to criticise in that comment.  Care to elaborate on why you apparently do?

"And, in fact, one of the slight positives in all this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspaper, watching TV, to know what's true and what's not"  -

Dr Gerald McCann, Scottish TV interview, 24 August 2007
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Benice

« Reply #1584 on: July 20, 2015, 09:04:36 AM »
Fiona says they had "a glass of wine" with their meal each night. Gerry McCann says they "each" had a bottle of wine with their meal each night.

Sorry PF, not sure which part you thought was strange, but I was reading Gerry Mccanns Statement just earlier and noticed this.

Not exactly matching.

Do you really expect statements from 7 different people to exactly match oneanother?   Fortunately the police do  not automatically find discrepancies to be sinister.   They know it's perfectly normal.

Quote from DC Ferguson (JT's rogatory statement)

4078    “You know, we can take a statement from people, if an incident happened outside and there was a group of people watching it, everybody would have a different take on what they had seen”.
Unquote.

Poring over and picking over every word people have said  - with the sole aim of finding discrepancies, and then holding them up as proof that someone is lying - is preposterous IMO.  You can make a case against anyone with those tactics.     Thank goodness our police know better.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1585 on: July 20, 2015, 10:11:18 AM »

So Gerry never actually said, "Confusion is good?"

Offline Benice

« Reply #1586 on: July 20, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »
So Gerry never actually said, "Confusion is good?"

No he didn't  - just another myth which is regularly bandied about by some sceptics.   And when they do it - the fact that they do not post what he actually did say speaks volumes IMO.   

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1587 on: July 20, 2015, 11:17:32 AM »
No he didn't  - just another myth which is regularly bandied about by some sceptics.   And when they do it - the fact that they do not post what he actually did say speaks volumes IMO.

I must say that I was highly doubtful.  i.e. why would Gerry say such a stupid thing?

But I expect some people believe he did by now.

So I for one am grateful for the fact that this myth has been exposed.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1588 on: July 20, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »

I think the clue lies in ... "albeit not in so many words" ... which is a real give away.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carew

« Reply #1589 on: July 20, 2015, 11:20:09 AM »

Below is what he actually said:     He was talking about 'stories' in the press etc. which were so conflicting at times that at least people would realise they could not all be reporting the truth.   And as we know they certainly were not - as all manner of scurrilous lies and rumours were being printed.     I see nothing to criticise in that comment.  Care to elaborate on why you apparently do?

"And, in fact, one of the slight positives in all this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspaper, watching TV, to know what's true and what's not"  -

Dr Gerald McCann, Scottish TV interview, 24 August 2007

In what way might he have found it to be "one of the slight positives?"