Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591421 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1860 on: September 08, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »
Rachel confirmed Matt looked into the parents bedroom when he checked. Were those shutters open and Why? This is where the hair bead/band was discovered. Eddie was interested in that location on the patio.

That it seemed to him that the shutters of the Master' bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD.htm

"poked his head, well you know kind of looked into Gerry and Kates room, just saw there was a double bed there."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm

1&2 - One envelope containing one (01) elastic band made of synthetic material, used to tie hair.

1 - Page 287 (Marked: 1 & 2) An undated and unsigned hand-written note, very difficult to read but appearing to be written by a police officer from Aljezur, stating that on 4 (or 9) May around 06:00am (s)he found an 'elastica para o cabelo' (hair elastic?), abandoned/lost on the floor of (what could be) the back of the parents' bedroom.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SUNDRYS.htm

Did Kate give a statement about removing that hair bead/band before her bath on 3 May?

How suspicious is that ... wow ... a hair band found (apparently minus hair attached so who knows whose) in an apartment where there were three females with long enough hair to use one.

What on earth sinister significance do you attach to that?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1861 on: September 08, 2015, 12:31:04 PM »
How suspicious is that ... wow ... a hair band found (apparently minus hair attached so who knows whose) in an apartment where there were three females with long enough hair to use one.

What on earth sinister significance do you attach to that?

I believe she probably left that way onto the patio where Eddie was interested in. Eddie found a scent on that side so it doesn't take a genius to connect it if a witness said the shutters were open. What are they doing open at that time of night and remember that Eddie's first alert in this case was in that same bedroom. That is the quickest exit out of the apartment if you are in that room.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1862 on: September 08, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »
I believe she probably left that way onto the patio where Eddie was interested in. Eddie found a scent on that side so it doesn't take a genius to connect it if a witness said the shutters were open. What are they doing open at that time of night and remember that Eddie's first alert in this case was in that same bedroom. That is the quickest exit out of the apartment if you are in that room.

Wasn't Eddie all over the couch when he first came in?

Why would an abductor ignore the adjacent unlocked sliding patio door to raise a large shutter then lower it again from the outside?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1863 on: September 08, 2015, 01:13:26 PM »
Wasn't Eddie all over the couch when he first came in?

Why would an abductor ignore the adjacent unlocked sliding patio door to raise a large shutter then lower it again from the outside?

We only know that door was open after Gerry's check. As he said he used a key to enter in his first statement we don't know it was open when they left for the tapas bar.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1864 on: September 08, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »
We only know that door was open after Gerry's check. As he said he used a key to enter in his first statement we don't know it was open when they left for the tapas bar.

I think it is generally accepted that the patio door was left unlocked for ease of access ... we have a thread with many pejorative comments therein on just that.

However, why did the intruder not just exit the way s/he must have entered which is via the front door?

I think just one of the flaws in your theory PF is that you make everything so difficult to fit it when there is usually an easier more logical solution.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1865 on: September 08, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »
I think it is generally accepted that the patio door was left unlocked for ease of access ... we have a thread with many pejorative comments therein on just that.

However, why did the intruder not just exit the way s/he must have entered which is via the front door?

I think just one of the flaws in your theory PF is that you make everything so difficult to fit it when there is usually an easier more logical solution.

Blind faith is your flaw. The third door is both quicker for entry and exit from that room and the simplest way.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:38:34 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1866 on: September 08, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »
Blind faith is your flaw. The third door is both quicker for entry and exit from that room and the simplest way.

First of all it is my opinion that an intruder would have to be sure that the door was unlocked for entry ... I am not even sure that it would be possible to raise a shutter of that size from outside.
Therefore I definitely do not think anyone used that door to enter the apartment.

That isn't faith ... that is logic.

Offline misty

« Reply #1867 on: September 08, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »

Was the bedroom patio door found in an unlocked state?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1868 on: September 08, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
Don't know, but if you are happy to  leave two doors unlocked, why bother locking the last one?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1869 on: September 08, 2015, 03:28:13 PM »
Don't know, but if you are happy to  leave two doors unlocked, why bother locking the last one?

As far as the Drs McCann were concerned the front of the apartment was secure.  Please do not perpetuate the misunderstanding of how the locking mechanism of the wooden door works.

One door was left unlocked for ease of access ~ that their assessment of the security of their environment was mistaken doesn't make much difference to that if entry was made using a key to gain access via the wooden door.

Offline misty

« Reply #1870 on: September 08, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »

I don't think the front door, as it was left, could be opened without a key, but I stand to be corrected on that.
If the bedroom patio door had also been left in an unlocked state, why was that never mentioned?
P/F believes move 1 exit took place via the bedroom patio door. The door cannot be locked from the outside. Who re-locked it? More pertinently - where was the cadaver cross-contaminant on the handle? (You know if it was there that Eddie would have found it, don't you?)

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1871 on: September 08, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »
As far as the Drs McCann were concerned the front of the apartment was secure.  Please do not perpetuate the misunderstanding of how the locking mechanism of the wooden door works.

One door was left unlocked for ease of access ~ that their assessment of the security of their environment was mistaken doesn't make much difference to that if entry was made using a key to gain access via the wooden door.

If Matt saw those shutters open then I want to know the reason why? They shouldn't be open and when a cadaver dog was interested in that side of the balcony and alerted in that room then it needs to be further investigated.

4 (or 9) May around 06:00am (s)he found an 'elastica para o cabelo' (hair elastic?), abandoned/lost on the floor of (what could be) the back of the parents' bedroom.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1872 on: September 08, 2015, 06:15:49 PM »
I don't think the front door, as it was left, could be opened without a key, but I stand to be corrected on that.
If the bedroom patio door had also been left in an unlocked state, why was that never mentioned?
P/F believes move 1 exit took place via the bedroom patio door. The door cannot be locked from the outside. Who re-locked it? More pertinently - where was the cadaver cross-contaminant on the handle? (You know if it was there that Eddie would have found it, don't you?)

Eddie searches for the location of the strongest scent. As soon as Eddie entered he picked it up according to Grime so he then searches for the source. First alert in the parents bedroom and the second behind the sofa. That bedroom door could've been unlocked when Matt checked but it doesn't mean it was still unlocked an hour later before the police arrived.

Outside of [the other] patio door: One inadequate print was recovered.

SY brought everything back to zero which means everyone is a suspect.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1873 on: September 08, 2015, 06:25:15 PM »
Eddie searches for the location of the strongest scent. As soon as Eddie entered he picked it up according to Grime so he then searches for the source. First alert in the parents bedroom and the second behind the sofa. That bedroom door could've been unlocked when Matt checked but it doesn't mean it was still unlocked an hour later before the police arrived.

Outside of [the other] patio door: One inadequate print was recovered.

SY brought everything back to zero which means everyone is a suspect.

No, No, No.  Don't you realise by now that the McCanns are far far beyond suspicion.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1874 on: September 08, 2015, 06:27:35 PM »

No, No, No.  Don't you realise by now that the McCanns are far far beyond suspicion.
Correct. 8((()*/