Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591416 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1995 on: January 22, 2016, 08:19:49 AM »
Perhaps then you could supply some of the many verbatim quotes of the McCanns referring to her as Maddie?

PF and GU already have.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1996 on: January 22, 2016, 09:58:27 AM »
The problem is, the world doesn't care if she was known as Maddie or Madeleine, it doesn't matter. So why say it does when there are multiple examples of both?

It was because if someone sighted her and called Maddy Kate was worried that Madeleine wouldn't react to the name and so she said that Madeleine wanted to be called Madeleine so that if anyone saw her to call her Madeleine in case Maddy got no reaction from her.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1997 on: January 22, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »

It was because if someone sighted her and called Maddy Kate was worried that Madeleine wouldn't react to the name and so she said that Madeleine wanted to be called Madeleine so that if anyone saw her to call her Madeleine in case Maddy got no reaction from her.

Do you have a cite for that Lace ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1998 on: January 22, 2016, 10:35:26 AM »
Russell O'Brien (Tapas 7)

'Kate returned through the reception area standing at the end of the path near the stones, and yelled over towards our table in the Tapas bar I cannot recall exactly what she yelled but it was along the lines of Maddy is missing. We all got up immediately except Dianne who remained at the table.'

Excerpt from rogatory interview, 10 April 2010 *&*%£

So on the strength of that you really think that Kate ran over screaming '' Maddy's gone?'',?  Strange no-one else in the company remembers that.

It's obvious that Russell referred to her as 'Maddy' - as I'm sure lots of other people did and still do.   So what?   The McCanns are not responsible for what other people decide to call her.   From memory but IIRC some posters on here refer to her as Maddie.   What does that prove about the McCanns?   Zilch.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1999 on: January 22, 2016, 10:42:58 AM »

Then again.........

She adds that it was usual for Madeleine to be called "Maddy", as this is how she [Madeleine] presented herself to the witness;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CHARLOTTE-PENNINGTON.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #2000 on: January 22, 2016, 11:36:28 AM »
Then again.........

She adds that it was usual for Madeleine to be called "Maddy", as this is how she [Madeleine] presented herself to the witness;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CHARLOTTE-PENNINGTON.htm

The child was three years old,    she knew other people shortened her name to Maddy and that is what others called her,   she liked to be called Madeleine as she said with three e's,   this was a child trying to show a bit of character to her parents,  who after that probably did call her Madeleine.

Kate was being on the safe side saying to call her both as she was worried she may not answer to Maddy,  maybe she had not been answering to it at home and that is why they started to call her Madeleine who knows.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2001 on: January 22, 2016, 11:38:59 AM »
Did you read the story in the news where parents were going to change their child's name to 'Popcorn?'   ridiculous I know I hope they don't,  but apparently it was his nick name and he decided he wouldn't answer to his real name only Popcorn.

Children can be like this,  adamant about what they want to be called,  some hate their name being shortened some don't.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2002 on: January 22, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »
The child was three years old,    she knew other people shortened her name to Maddy and that is what others called her,   she liked to be called Madeleine as she said with three e's,   this was a child trying to show a bit of character to her parents,  who after that probably did call her Madeleine.

Kate was being on the safe side saying to call her both as she was worried she may not answer to Maddy,  maybe she had not been answering to it at home and that is why they started to call her Madeleine who knows.

So the name 'Maddie' pre-dated any 'media invention' then? Both grandparents used it, as did aunties, uncles, the child's father and the child herself. On the night she disappeared the child was described as 'Maddie' (or similar) to the nannies at the night creche. I wonder who Kate meant by the 'we' who never used it then.
Result = happy posting.

Online misty

« Reply #2003 on: January 22, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »
So the name 'Maddie' pre-dated any 'media invention' then? Both grandparents used it, as did aunties, uncles, the child's father and the child herself. On the night she disappeared the child was described as 'Maddie' (or similar) to the nannies at the night creche. I wonder who Kate meant by the 'we' who never used it then.

Is there a link to the full video of the Expresso interview, rather than just the trancript on Morais' site? I find the alleged remark by Kate quite odd in its context.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2004 on: January 22, 2016, 12:47:19 PM »
Is there a link to the full video of the Expresso interview, rather than just the trancript on Morais' site? I find the alleged remark by Kate quite odd in its context.

"Madeleine called herself 'Madeleine', and that was very much the name in the family as well, so that makes us wonder if this was indeed Madeleine," said Clarence Mitchell to the BBC in August 2008, in relation to another false 'sighting'.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id169.html
Result = happy posting.

Online misty

« Reply #2005 on: January 22, 2016, 01:20:35 PM »
"Madeleine called herself 'Madeleine', and that was very much the name in the family as well, so that makes us wonder if this was indeed Madeleine," said Clarence Mitchell to the BBC in August 2008, in relation to another false 'sighting'.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id169.html

Again- a link to the actual video of the interview rather than a quote from a biased site, please.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2006 on: January 22, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »
Again- a link to the actual video of the interview rather than a quote from a biased site, please.

Why ask me? Try google if you want to see a video.
Result = happy posting.

Online misty

« Reply #2007 on: January 22, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »
Why ask me? Try google if you want to see a video.

I have. I can find neither video content to back up the alleged comments.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2008 on: January 22, 2016, 02:30:43 PM »

I would think Kate knew what name Madeleine preferred to be addressed by.

What sinister reason would you think there was for them to make this up?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2009 on: January 22, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »
I would think Kate knew what name Madeleine preferred to be addressed by.

What sinister reason would you think there was for them to make this up?

It would take someone very clever to work out why Kate McCann says some of the things she says. Only she knows why she said 'we' never called her Maddie when there is so much evidence that the whole family did call her that.
Result = happy posting.