Author Topic: The Tories add to the pressure  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: The Tories add to the pressure
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2022, 07:59:03 PM »

Time for Jacob Rees Mogg imo
Make the Conservatives Conservative again.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2022, 09:07:14 AM »
poll shows 73% of Mail+ readers want Johnson to stay as Prime Minister
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11037803/Boris-dont-Shock-result-poll-shows-73-Mail-readers-want-Johnson-stay-PM.html

It seems the politicians have gone deaf again. They did what they wanted and got rid of Boris, but he was probably their only hope of winning an election.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2022, 09:37:27 AM »

Perhaps the Tories are committing suicide, realising the economic situation is hopeless after needlessly blowing money on lockdown furlough schemes & all the printing. Double digit inflation was the result, they can try blaming it on Putin but anyone with half a brain understands inflation is caused by printing. So, commit electoral suicide now, let Labour deal with the coming societal collapse, then try to regain power in another 5 years where they can point to how bad the country is under Labour & pledge to make things better.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2022, 11:09:41 AM »
poll shows 73% of Mail+ readers want Johnson to stay as Prime Minister
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11037803/Boris-dont-Shock-result-poll-shows-73-Mail-readers-want-Johnson-stay-PM.html

It seems the politicians have gone deaf again. They did what they wanted and got rid of Boris, but he was probably their only hope of winning an election.
Personally I'm not really that interested in the views of Daily Mail readers exclusively.  What about the general public - do they also want Boris back?  Admittedly he seems like a genius now we have Truss in place but surely there are other options, no?  How about a general election to sort it all out?  I suspect even if they installed Boris tomorrow he couldn't undo the damage of the last few years and that Starmer would romp home with a landslide.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2022, 11:22:04 AM »
Personally I'm not really that interested in the views of Daily Mail readers exclusively.  What about the general public - do they also want Boris back?  Admittedly he seems like a genius now we have Truss in place but surely there are other options, no?  How about a general election to sort it all out?  I suspect even if they installed Boris tomorrow he couldn't undo the damage of the last few years and that Starmer would romp home with a landslide.

The tories are ripe for the taking, can Starmer pass muster to do so, today at question time if he's worth his salt he should put Truss to the sword .IMO it might be better for Labour if there is not a election anytime soon, not sure that helps the country though.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2022, 01:31:46 PM »
The tories are ripe for the taking, can Starmer pass muster to do so, today at question time if he's worth his salt he should put Truss to the sword .IMO it might be better for Labour if there is not a election anytime soon, not sure that helps the country though.
Truss put up a good fight even if everything she actually said was utterly risible.   The bare faced cheek of the woman accusing Labour of not having a clue when it comes to the economy!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2022, 01:44:27 PM »
Truss put up a good fight even if everything she actually said was utterly risible.   The bare faced cheek of the woman accusing Labour of not having a clue when it comes to the economy!

Didn't or even don't watch it, I've been on this planet long enough and to have worked  through the three day week back in 1973/74 under Heath (tory), Healey in 76 cap in hand to the IMF,(Labour) Winter 78/79 rubbish not collected, dead not being buried, Callaghan,  (Labour) then we had Thatcher .It just goes around and around .
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2022, 02:26:36 PM »
Didn't or even don't watch it, I've been on this planet long enough and to have worked  through the three day week back in 1973/74 under Heath (tory), Healey in 76 cap in hand to the IMF,(Labour) Winter 78/79 rubbish not collected, dead not being buried, Callaghan,  (Labour) then we had Thatcher .It just goes around and around .
If only we had had Jeremy Corbyn to save us from all this mess.  @)(++(*

Offline Common sense

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2022, 12:40:54 PM »
Sorry to bring this up but this is the Brexit fantasy coming home to roost. Johnson purged those who wouldn't go along with the self harm of Brexit and the resulting chaos brought about by his pliant but talentless self serving political pygmies is now plain to all who still retain the ability to observe reality.

The news this morning of the predictable fall in both imports and exports to the EU is the trumpet sound of the anti growth elephant in Downing St but will anyone finally dare to acknowledge its presence? ( I'm talking about you Keir Starmer)

You might hope that Mail readers and the thick xenophobes will look at this Tufton St disaster and realise how they've been played but don't hold your breath. As long as the poor can be blamed for the problems created by the rich, there will always be idiots that the powerful can make use of.

Pah!

Offline barrier

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2022, 01:39:46 PM »
Now we're gonna get another PM, will it never end.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2022, 01:44:54 PM »
"Great" Britain is a basket case. 

Offline barrier

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2022, 01:59:44 PM »
"Great" Britain is a basket case.

I suppose if we're at the bottom of where ever we are then its only upward from here , or keep bumping along the bottom.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2022, 02:18:46 PM »

Moggmentum.
Please let it be Mogg this time.
He's probably the only current Tory I might vote for.
But I fear we might be getting Jeremy Hunt.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2022, 02:21:35 PM »

I suppose if we're at the bottom of where ever we are then its only upward from here , or keep bumping along the bottom.
"Things can only get better..."

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2022, 02:21:57 PM »

Shortest serving PM.
If it wasn't for Her Majesty popping her clogs she'd have been gone even sooner.