Author Topic: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver  (Read 52190 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2015, 12:57:53 AM »
So that we know that he is then a free person and not an arquido, of course.

Yes, of course!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »
If I may ask again, can anyone please tell me what those 3 hatches are used for beside the front door of 5a?

Probably answered before the end of this thread and before I joined.  The hatches are for utility meters so the reader can view them from outside.
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2015, 01:14:36 AM »
Probably answered before the end of this thread and before I joined.  The hatches are for utility meters so the reader can view them from outside.

Thank you, ShiningInLuz.
Off topic, do you know where the water metres are housed?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2015, 06:16:53 AM »
Thank you, ShiningInLuz.
Off topic, do you know where the water metres are housed?
Both water and electricity metres are normally on the perimeter of the property, so a reader can access them without actually going onto the property at all.  Mains gas is rare - it is normally cylinders - so gas meters are rare.

The 5A cabinets look like water meters.  Most times, electricity meters have a see-through housing.  But I can't see ones that look like electricity meters on 5A, and I don't know how block 5 is wired or plumbed.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2015, 06:46:01 PM »
Minor point, I have had time to go through the telecoms timings from José da Silva on 3rd May 2007, and compare those to Tapas 9 time checks.  In brief, there is a poor match.  If you care, read the post at ShiningInLuz.

Major point.  Heriberto tried to gain access to the full phone records provided to the PJ and today he posted that his request had been denied.  I am trying to find out if he knows why.  If you care, read his full post at EspacioExterior.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2015, 04:41:04 PM »
I am sorry Admin, but if someone is a burglar they are a criminal and should be treated as such by Police. 
-  In an abduction 'getting in' quietly is one of the skills used.
-  Having the courage / audacity to do so is another 'skill'.  Most men wouldn't dare to enter a property that was locked. 
-  Another is the mindset that it is OK to steal things. 
-  The relevant phone pings make four of the criteria and .....
-  in depth knowledge of the place and surrounding area, make five

SY probably have other pointers.   
Certain friends, something like that?    Dunno what, but probably other clues..

Are you seriously suggesting that SY should NOT investigate such a man?   

He may be totally innocent of any involvement with Madeleine, but he should surely be looked at thoroughly

Just why should SY ignore this man especially as he is used to entering properties illegally..... and had phone pings that tied up. 

Please give sound reasons for not investigating him..
I am going through this thread for a second time, in order to try to get a better idea of the man in the title of the thread.

The best translation of 'furto' is theft.  From memory, Euclides Monteiro got fired re theft of €5, but there was no burglary involved on that occasion.

'Furto' can be translated as burglary, but there are better words for burglary and 'roubo' is just as short as 'furto'.

Perhaps the person making the notes did not care about the difference, although it does seem significant.  I can't tell who made the notes, when the notes were added, or how precise the note maker was.

What I do know is that making a leap from theft and equating it to burglary is a massive leap indeed.  Therefore portraying JdS as a person with burglary skills is OTT, given that we do not know whether he possessed such skills or not.
What's up, old man?

Offline Carana

« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »
I am going through this thread for a second time, in order to try to get a better idea of the man in the title of the thread.

The best translation of 'furto' is theft.  From memory, Euclides Monteiro got fired re theft of €5, but there was no burglary involved on that occasion.

'Furto' can be translated as burglary, but there are better words for burglary and 'roubo' is just as short as 'furto'.

Perhaps the person making the notes did not care about the difference, although it does seem significant.  I can't tell who made the notes, when the notes were added, or how precise the note maker was.

What I do know is that making a leap from theft and equating it to burglary is a massive leap indeed.  Therefore portraying JdS as a person with burglary skills is OTT, given that we do not know whether he possessed such skills or not.

I tend to agree with that. The handwritten notes appear to be from the police. The PJ or the GNR?

Offline mercury

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2015, 10:19:10 PM »

I must say I was very surprised that the reason the AG was said to agree to the reopening of the case was this historically petty thief/ex drug addict

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2015, 06:59:53 AM »
I must say I was very surprised that the reason the AG was said to agree to the reopening of the case was this historically petty thief/ex drug addict

If you look at it from the Portuguese point of view, they spent lots of time, effort and money on this case which they eventually archived. Although the files praise the British police for their help and refer to a great relationship, Amaral told a different story. When SY began to actively investigate the Portuguese would have a better idea of what they were doing and thinking if they re-opened their own investigation and took the lead. Perhaps I'm just a cynic though.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2015, 07:38:00 AM »

Did the AG ever say that? Or was that just a media invention? There would be hundreds of potential leads lurking in the files that hadn't been thoroughly investigated, him possibly being one of them.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2015, 11:12:51 AM »
Did the AG ever say that? Or was that just a media invention? There would be hundreds of potential leads lurking in the files that hadn't been thoroughly investigated, him possibly being one of them.

I think the Portuguese were holding their cards very close to their chests and I think they are as capable as SY of spotting evidence which hadn't been followed through earlier in the inquiry which justified investigation.

**snip
Despite the scores of leads which have not been investigated properly, Portuguese Attorney General Pinto Monteiro dashed the McCanns’ hopes last week by saying the case would not be officially reopened, adding that no “credible” new facts had emerged during Scotland Yard’s year-long £2million investigative review of all known evidence.

Portuguese officers in Porto in northern Portugal have for some months been conducting a cold case review, liaising with Scotland Yard, but they are not making fresh inquiries.

Porto is a six-hour drive from Praia da Luz and it is not thought that any of the officers doing the review work have been active in Luz.

As the Yard unveiled a new “age progression” image of how Madeleine looks now, just before what would be her ninth birthday on May 12, there was no activity at all at the Policia Judiciaria headquarters in Porto last Wednesday.

As it was a national holiday the woman in charge of the Madeleine case, Helena Monteiro, was not even at her desk. She refused to give an interview and referred all inquiries to police in Lisbon.

At one point a noticeboard with the new image of Madeleine on it was seen being moved into a large office but one officer there said: “This is not a major investigation for us.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/317111/Madeleine-McCann-The-lost-clues
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »
...  Heriberto tried to gain access to the full phone records provided to the PJ and today he posted that his request had been denied.  I am trying to find out if he knows why.  If you care, read his full post at EspacioExterior.
Heri has provided a copy of the rejection notification.

A European Directive, implemented in Portuguese law, requires that the phone traffic has to be requested by a recognised Judicial Authority, then the request goes in front of a judge to approve or reject.

As Heri is not a recognised Judicial Authority, his request was denied at that stage.
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2015, 03:26:38 PM »

A European Directive, implemented in Portuguese law, requires that the phone traffic has to be requested by a recognised Judicial Authority, then the request goes in front of a judge to approve or reject.

As Heri is not a recognised Judicial Authority, his request was denied at that stage.

Understandable, I suppose.  And Heri is quite good at what he does, so they probably don't want to be beaten to the gun.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »

Heriberto should ask the Company if the information has already been requested by a competent judicial authority.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:42:45 PM by Mr Moderator »