Author Topic: Former Scotland Yard detective exposes cover up within the MET.  (Read 37705 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Former Scotland Yard detective exposes cover up within the MET.
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »
He knew he had no glasses or a beard, I wonder how he could tell that if he never saw his face?

And, he was more sure than not that it was Gerry.

His description doesn't fit the German does it?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2020, 07:03:47 PM »

8(>((

Your Comments are looking really good now.  You probably didn't realise in your haste.  And thank you for not being offended.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2020, 07:05:31 PM »
He knew he had no glasses or a beard, I wonder how he could tell that if he never saw his face?

And, he was more sure than not that it was Gerry.
It’s amazing he never saw a photo or video of Gerry McCann until September.  Had he been hiding in a cave up until that point?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2020, 07:08:26 PM »
States that it is not possible for him to recognise the individual in person or by photograph.

His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good.

I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child. I am basing that on his mannerism in the way he carried the child off the plane.
. It was the way Gerard McCann turned his head down which was similar to what the individual did on 3rd May 2007

So he wouldnt recognise him again...he had his head turned down....the light was poor......he says he would be 60 to 80% BASED on his mannerisms   not his face. No facial description at all

He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache.

He saw his face.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2020, 07:37:06 PM »
He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache.

He saw his face.

you could get taht from the side.....Just explain why he THOUGHT it was Gerry he MIGHT have seen...was it his face

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »
you could get taht from the side.....Just explain why he THOUGHT it was Gerry he MIGHT have seen...was it his face

From the side of what?  His face, you mean?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »
I don't understand why Hall should matter.  He very nearly bored me to death.  Unfortunately, I had to watch most of his rubbish before I could know what I was talking about.

I never did understand what Hall was talking about.

I found it impossible to watch and I really did try.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2020, 08:27:57 PM »

Martin Smith said the man turned his face down

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2020, 06:39:08 AM »

Here's how it was reported by the Irish Police in a report to the PJ:
 " He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me. "

I've always found this significant anf far more convincing than any of the T7 statements (granted some explanation for their stuttering inconsistencies may be an attempt to downplay the fact that they left children alone whilst they went out wining and dining. In terms of Martin Smith's lightbulb moment it's exactly how the human brain works in terms of suddenly realising who someone was (in your own mind). The Irish Police also add, "I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person."

The other point that always baffled me was why the Smith family sighting was never featured in any of CM's PR pretendy (imo) police like press conferences.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:54:58 AM by Billy Whizz Fan Club »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2020, 08:14:34 AM »
 " He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me. "

I've always found this significant anf far more convincing than any of the T7 statements (granted bone explanation for their stuttering inconsistencies may be an attempt to downplay the fact that they left children alone whilst they went out wining and dining. In terms of Martin Smith's lightbulb moment it's exactly how the human brain works in terms of suddenly realising who someone was (in your own mind). The Irish Police also add, "I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person."

The other point that always baffled me was why the Smith family sighting was never featured in any of CM's PR pretendy (imo) police like press conferences.
You’re quoting a police report a third person report and comparing it with the Tapas 7 first hand detailed Rogs which were written down with every pause and aside recorded, hardly a fair comparison to be able to judge the conviction with which the account was given.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #370 on: June 13, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »

I've always found this significant anf far more convincing than any of the T7 statements (granted bone explanation for their stuttering inconsistencies may be an attempt to downplay the fact that they left children alone whilst they went out wining and dining. In terms of Martin Smith's lightbulb moment it's exactly how the human brain works in terms of suddenly realising who someone was (in your own mind). The Irish Police also add, "I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person."

Snip
The events of the past week or so, with the McCanns being very much in the news, have triggered my memory in relation to the incident.

I've agonised for days over whether or not to contact the police about this because it is a terrible thing to accuse somebody of. It had just not crossed my mind that the child?s parents could in some way be involved in her disappearance.

I have watched a good deal of news coverage about the McCanns over the past week or so. Another thing which has played on my mind is the coverage of Mr McCann walking off the aeroplane holding one of his young children. The way he was holding the child over his left shoulder reminded me of the man carrying the child from the white van in Portugal.

Although I could not describe the male I'd seen in Portugal because he had his back to me, it was the particular way Mr. McCann held the child that made me think. He held the child over his left shoulder with his left arm supporting the child?s weight.  https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RI_Mc.htm

Notice any similarities concerning people who had saturation coverage in the media for months ... both of which occurred after Kate and Gerry were made formal suspects without a shred of evidence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2020, 08:57:47 AM »
You’re quoting a police report a third person report and comparing it with the Tapas 7 first hand detailed Rogs which were written down with every pause and aside recorded, hardly a fair comparison to be able to judge the conviction with which the account was given.

Look at Pathfinder's quote above direct from Martin Smith.

Substitute the German sex offender for GM in his statement and tell me you honestly wouldn't find it significant and convincing!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2020, 08:59:11 AM »

What has 'baffled' me about the Smith sighting is why it was never publicised by Amaral.

I would have expected the Portuguese police to hold their own press conference about the event not anyone else.

When do you think anyone outwith the Smith family and the police heard anything ... might it have been only when the files were released ... perhaps you can provide a cite for when the sighting was reported in the public domain.

Kate thought it was important enough to write about it in her book ...
Snip
The police did not appear to feel that Jane’s sighting in Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva and the man and child reported by the Irish holidaymakers in Rua da Escola Primária were related. They seem to have concluded that these were in all likelihood two different men carrying two different children (if, they implied, these two men actually existed at all). The only reason for their scepticism appeared to be an unexplained time lapse between the two sightings.
They didn’t dovetail perfectly. To me the similarities seem far more significant than any discrepancy in timing.

Every time I read these independent statements in the files ...  ...  ...  madeleine Kate McCann

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »

Substitute the German sex offender for GM in his statement and tell me you honestly wouldn't find it significant and convincing!!
OK I have done so, and my opinion re: it’s vagueness hasn’t changed.  I assume if he’d ID’ed Bruckner in the statement you’d consider it enough to have the man banged up for the crime then?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2020, 09:08:15 AM »

Please make the attempt to understand that neither Martin Smith nor Richard McCluskey got their almost identical descriptions right.
They were wrong but at least they had an excuse ... you  have none.
Associating the parents of a missing child with an offender of any kind as you have done here is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes disreputable behaviour.  Please desist