Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125488 times)

Offline John

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »
How can the referendum vote day be changed John ?

Merely at a whim ?

It will be interesting to see how the polls develop over the weekend after yesterday.

It will indeed.  It will also be interesting to see if Parliament is recalled prior to EU Referendum vote.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:46:54 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »
If we dump the EU and its aims of a one-size-fits-all agenda we can at last trade worldwide without customs tariffs.  This protectionism was put in place to force us to buy EU goods instead of looking further afield.  A mere 9% of the UK's GDP is trade with the EU with the rest being with countries outside the community.  Remove the artificial tariffs and that can only get better, resulting in more employment and a lower cost of goods to the consumer.

However, the EU is as good as dead without the UK.  Together with the Germans we have been subsidizing and propping it up for years.  Currently there are several former Soviet Bloc countries trying to join the EU, not for our benefit but for theirs.  If they do join they will be granted £ billions in aid while the rest of us have to fund it.  Our economy will continue to be damaged by taking these basket case economies under our wing.

Be in no doubt, the EU is all about a political union, a federal Europe, and very little to do with preserving our way of life.  The Germans are pushing for closer political union throughout Europe and we all know where that ended the last time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:32:41 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2016, 01:06:56 PM »
If we dump the EU and its aims of a one-size-fits-all agenda we can at last trade worldwide without customs tariffs.  This protectionism was put in place to force us to buy EU goods instead of looking further afield.  A mere 9% of the UK's GDP is trade with the EU with the rest being with countries outside the community.  Remove the artificial tariffs and that can only get better, resulting in more employment and a lower cost of goods to the consumer.

However, the EU is as good as dead without the UK.  Together with the Germans we have been subsidizing and propping it up for years.  Currently there are several former Soviet Bloc countries trying to join the EU, not for our benefit but for theirs.  If they do join they will be granted £ billions in aid while the rest of us have to fund it.  Our economy will continue to be damaged by taking these basket case economies under our wing.

Be in no doubt, the EU is all about a political union, a federal Europe, and very little to do with preserving our way of life.  The Germans are pushing for closer political union throughout Europe and we all know where that ended the last time.

I have already dealt with the trade figures issue before.

I suggest you look it up,

You clearly have this thing about the Germans.

Would you care to remind me of the productivity rates between UK workers and German ones ?

I also with my current work emcounter people from a variety of origins including those in EU countries, and the facts speak.

Those from the EU and elsewhere are net beneficiaries to the UK economy.

stephen25000

« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »
Perhaps you can quantify John how exactly this countries economy is being damaged.

Offline John

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:17 PM »
I have already dealt with the trade figures issue before.

I suggest you look it up,

You clearly have this thing about the Germans.

Would you care to remind me of the productivity rates between UK workers and German ones ?

I also with my current work emcounter people from a variety of origins including those in EU countries, and the facts speak.

Those from the EU and elsewhere are net beneficiaries to the UK economy.

Are you denying that it is the Germans and Angela Merkel who are pushing the EU agenda?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »
It doesn't matter how many jobs were on offer, applicants should be considered on their merits and not their ethnic background.

It will be interesting to see if Cameron tries to postpone the Referendum vote in the light of Jo Cox's murder yesterday.

Absolutely.

I stand by my word, the BBC are racist.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:52 PM »
Perhaps you can quantify John how exactly this countries economy is being damaged.

Tariffs Stephen!   Our trade with non EU countries including our traditional Commonwealth friends is being artificially controlled by the EU.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:30:43 PM by John »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »
Interesting that Nicola Sturgeon, head of an anti British, nationalist party should accuse Farage of racism.

Blatant hypocrite.

stephen25000

« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »
Absolutely.

I stand by my word, the BBC are racist.

Off topic.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »
Off topic.

The BBC are pro-EU anti-English racists.

Very much on topic.

Vote leave.

stephen25000

« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2016, 01:33:58 PM »
Tariffs Stephen!   Our trade with non EU countries including our traditional Commonwealth friends is being artificially controlled by the EU.

That works for our benefit with the EU John.

Now if we leave, we will be paying tariffs.

Also, with these other countries you mention, they already have have other markets. Do you expect they will stop them for our benefit ?

stephen25000

« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »
Interesting that Nicola Sturgeon, head of an anti British, nationalist party should accuse Farage of racism.

Blatant hypocrite.

Farage was a member of the National Front.

Is or was Sturgeon a member of that organization ?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »
Farage was a member of the National Front.

Is or was Sturgeon a member of that organization ?

She's the leader of a nationalist party.......a racist.

stephen25000

« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2016, 01:46:38 PM »
She's the leader of a nationalist party.......a racist.

That is not racism.

Offline John

« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »

Blatant hypocrite.

Sturgeon is anti English as is her nationalist party the SNP.    It should be remembered however that although the SNP have managed to wrestle control of Scotland from the Labour Party that they only do so on 50% of the vote.  The Scottish Referendum vote was a more accurate reflection of what the people of Scotland really think.

If the UK votes to leave the EU it will be on the basis of a split vote in Scotland, hardly a mandate for Sturgeon to do her worst!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:50:50 PM by John »