Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125565 times)

Alfie

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2016, 05:19:38 PM »

So let's see, you both agree with giving away nearly £200 million to the EU each and every week to squander on eastern European States, agree with the concept of a European Army and are quite willing to welcome the 70 million Turks into our country to live and work?

Personally its a no brainer but over to you Stephen and Alf?
What??!  It seems to me that someone has fallen for Nige and company's propaganda hook, line and stinker!

Offline John

« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2016, 05:33:03 PM »
Why not be a bit more even handed in your argument, John. 

Up to £215m a week or down to £140m a week net.   

That's the problem, even the UK Government don't know for sure how much we throw away to the EU every week and yet the Tories can cut the benefits and services to our own people.. That is appalling!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2016, 05:35:23 PM »
That's the problem, even the UK Government don't know for sure how much we throw away to the EU every week and yet the Tories can cut the benefits and services to our own people.. That is appalling!

Do you understand what is meant by 'forecast"?

Offline John

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2016, 05:36:43 PM »
What??!  It seems to me that someone has fallen for Nige and company's propaganda hook, line and stinker!

Instead of denigrating, could you explain why we are better off remaining within the EU?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2016, 05:41:20 PM »
Do you understand what is meant by 'forecast"?

So maintaining the status quo is the answer?

I say dump the EU and their artificial tariffs, after all, a mere 9% of the UK's GDP is trade with the EU.  Open up free trade links with India, China, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Middle East.  Close entry to all illegal immigrants and only allow immigration on a select basis.  I hasten to add Cameron must go because he has shown by his actions that he is incapable of putting Britain first!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:50:08 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2016, 06:05:03 PM »
Really, does that include the million working illegally in London?

You have a cite for that ?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2016, 06:10:10 PM »

I say dump the EU and their artificial tariffs, after all, a mere 9% of the UK's GDP is trade with the EU.  Open up free trade links with India, China, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Middle East.  Close entry to all illegal immigrants and only allow immigration on a select basis.  I hasten to add Cameron must go because he has shown by his actions that he is incapable of putting Britain first!

The vital fact is that around 44% of our trade in goods and services is with the EU.  Are we stopped from trading with India, USA, China, Australia etc? 

Alfie

« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
Instead of denigrating, could you explain why we are better off remaining within the EU?
I'm sorry John, but I don't really think you want to hear the arguments for remaining, instead you just want to fling out daft accusations like J-P and I  want a European army and want to welcome 70 million Turks to this country.  Did I, or J-P say this?  You're relying on anti EU propaganda to try and win your argument IMO. 

Alfie

« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »

A bit of a toxic phrase in light of recent events.

Alfie

« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2016, 06:21:50 PM »

By definition we do not currently offer open entry to illegal immigrants, so how do you propose to deal with this particular issue?  What is your view of Boris' wish to give an amnesty to all illegal immigrants if the Leave campaign wins?

Offline John

« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2016, 06:32:29 PM »
The vital fact is that around 44% of our trade in goods and services is with the EU.  Are we stopped from trading with India, USA, China, Australia etc?

Yes in fact we are restricted because of EU customs tariffs we have to pay more.

Offline John

« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »
I'm sorry John, but I don't really think you want to hear the arguments for remaining, instead you just want to fling out daft accusations like J-P and I  want a European army and want to welcome 70 million Turks to this country.  Did I, or J-P say this?  You're relying on anti EU propaganda to try and win your argument IMO.

So you like everyone else cannot construct a reason for staying in the EU but instead trundle out the same old rhetoric.  Why am I not surprised.

Could it be as I suspect that only those with a vested interest in remaining in the EU are going to vote #remain?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:39:49 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2016, 06:35:53 PM »
A bit of a toxic phrase in light of recent events.

Now who's quoting propaganda?  @)(++(*

Offline John

« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2016, 06:37:02 PM »
By definition we do not currently offer open entry to illegal immigrants, so how do you propose to deal with this particular issue?  What is your view of Boris' wish to give an amnesty to all illegal immigrants if the Leave campaign wins?

No amnesty to any illegals.  Round them up and deport them!  And that includes the overstayers too!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:40:34 PM by John »

Offline misty

« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »
No amnesty to any illegals.  Round them up and deport them!  And that includes the overstayers too!

In the event of  Brexit do you think a Government can be formed which will carry out such a task?