Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125527 times)

stephen25000

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:56 AM »
Would you expect anything else?  At the end of the day their function is to sell more newspapers and advertising space.

No JP.

It will be interesting to observe the Tory party after the result is announced after Cameron stated he will stay on regardless of the decision.

I have found the 'Little Englander' attitude on display from many of the Leave Campaign quite nauseating. 

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »
No JP.

It will be interesting to observe the Tory party after the result is announced after Cameron stated he will stay on regardless of the decision.

I have found the 'Little Englander' attitude on display from many of the Leave Campaign quite nauseating.

I am struggling too.  And have concerns about the 'tribal' divisions that have been thrown into shap relief.  I am not sure that any of the politicians come out of this with much credit.  I gather from more politically aware friends that Cameron offered a referendum to shoot the UKIP fox, and was as gobsmacked as anyone to get a majority. 

That is why I am trying to base my argument on the basic facts rather than the personalities involved.  One upside is that it has engaged a lot of people, and especially the young, with politics, international relations and trade in a way that has not happened before

I am quite passionate about wanting the UK to remain in Europe.  But whatever the result, I will cheerfully accept the democratic decision of the people and look to the future in a positive way. I hope everyone else will do the same.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2016, 11:08:26 AM »
Euro 2016 fans stranded as 300 migrants storm Calais chanting ‘F*** the UK’

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/524384/euro-2016-migrants-storm-calais-eurotunnel-leshuttle-ferry-shut-migrant-crisis-eu-brexit

F***  the filthy vagrants, F*** em off back to their own country.

Vote Leave.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2016, 11:18:20 AM »
Euro 2016 fans stranded as 300 migrants storm Calais chanting ‘F*** the UK’

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/524384/euro-2016-migrants-storm-calais-eurotunnel-leshuttle-ferry-shut-migrant-crisis-eu-brexit

F***  the filthy vagrants, F*** em off back to their own country.

Vote Leave.

So Spam.

If immigrants come into the UK from non-EU countries by nefarious means, how will you get rid of them, if we vote to leave ?

Especially if their home countries refuse to take them back.

Have a look at the data in the link I provided.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2016, 11:25:39 AM »
So Spam.

If immigrants come into the UK from non-EU countries by nefarious means, how will you get rid of them, if we vote to leave ?

Especially if their home countries refuse to take them back.

Have a look at the data in the link I provided.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/

Simple, put them on a plane & send them home.

If the home countries refuse to take them back, stick em on a leaky, unfueled boat, tow them out to the mid atlantic & leave them there.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:28:42 AM by Wonderfulspam »

stephen25000

« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »

If the home countries refuse to take them back, stick em on a leaky, unfueled boat, tow them out to the mid atlantic & leave them there.

In the words of a former Tennis Star, 'you cannot be serious'.

Tell me Spam, we have apparently the 5 th highest economy in the world, which depends on a significant number of workers from the EU working in a variety of companies in the UK.

Would you send them all back ?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2016, 11:46:34 AM »

If the home countries refuse to take them back

Can you explain how leaving the EU will solve this problem.  The migrants in question are, I gather, from outside the EU and are not EU citizens with a right to live and work in the UK. 

So this is in fact a completely separate issue and nothing whatever to do with the referendum on whether the uk should leave or remain in the EU.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:39:16 AM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline John

« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »
In the event of  Brexit do you think a Government can be formed which will carry out such a task?

In the event of #BrExit the message would be clear.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »
Can you explain how leaving the EU will solve this problem.  The migrants in question are, I gather, from outside the EU and are not EU citizens with a right to live and work in the UK. 

So this is in fact a completely separate issue and nothing whatever to do with the referendum on whether the uk should leave or remain in the EU.

..... EU countries (our supposed allies) have knowingly allowed the vagrants to cross their borders... destined for Britain.

Voting leave will send the message to Europe & the rest of the world 'F*** off, we're full'.

Vote Leave.

Offline John

« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2016, 11:55:50 AM »
I'd award work permits to essential workers.

...& I'd award

Joking aside, the Australian system has been mentioned as being the foundation on which the UK government could build a proper immigration policy. It's all very well the likes of Jeremy Corbyn saying he doesn't care where workers in the NHS come from because he should care. With comments like that there is more chance of Turkey joining the EU than there is of him ever becoming PM. Every single poll shows that born and bred British people are sick to the back teeth of illegal immigrants being treated as if they have some God-given right to stay in this country. 

Our entire way of life is under threat by do-gooders whose meddling is disturbing the natural order of things and we all know where that ends.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:41:23 AM by ShiningInLuz »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2016, 11:56:37 AM »
..... EU countries (our supposed allies) have knowingly allowed the vagrants to cross their borders... destined for Britain.

Voting leave will send the message to Europe & the rest of the world 'F*** off, we're full'.

Vote Leave.

And encouraged by Merkel to do so.  You would think it was a conspiracy to destabilise the UK?

stephen25000

« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2016, 11:59:18 AM »
Joking aside, the Australian system has been mentioned as being the foundation on which the UK government could build a proper immigration policy. It's all very well the likes of Jeremy Corbyn saying he doesn't care where workers in the NHS come from because he should care. With comments like that there is more chance of Turkey joining the EU than there is of him ever becoming PM. Every single poll shows that born and bred British people are sick to the back teeth of illegal immigrants being treated as if they have some God-given right to stay in this country.

Utter rubbish.

We have a veto on new EU membership, as do other countries.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2016, 11:59:46 AM »

When the Aussies have a boat load of vagrants descending on their coast, they do the right thing, they don't let them in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28189608

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2016, 12:01:29 PM »
Utter rubbish.

We have a veto on new EU membership, as do other countries.

And Cameron refuses to answer, when asked, if he'd use it, that's because the traitor wants them in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3649592/Dave-rack-Turkey-PM-fails-three-times-say-veto-country-s-entry-EU.html

stephen25000

« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2016, 12:02:20 PM »
And encouraged by Merkel to do so.  You would think it was a conspiracy to destabilise the UK?

Encouraged by Merkel to destabilize the UK ?

She wants us to stay.

All I see on here from Brexit supporters is invariably illogical and rampant rhetoric, with no real facts to back it up.