Author Topic: Is Goncalo Amaral more respected than what some seem to think on this forum.  (Read 6133 times)

Offline kizzy

By the public

I do believe GA should be just as credible as H C W....He was there when what ever happened took place and as yet has not been proved wrong as there has been no conclusion to case or proof maddie was abducted.

quote from thread

In my opinion a lot of people were duped into giving to the fund for Amaral.   Calling it 'Justice  for Maddie'  Collecting on Madeleine's birthday.   I believe a lot thought it was going towards the search for her.

Nearly £53.thousand was donated of a £20, thousand target clearly marked -  Legal defence for Goncalo Amaral

https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/_gafund2500.htm

One donation of £1,000 claims to be from 'a very large' group of Met Police officers outraged at the way Amaral has been treated.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 02:59:32 AM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Venturi Swirl

By the public

I do believe GA should be just as credible as H C W....He was there when what ever happened took place and as yet has not been proved wrong as there has been no conclusion to case or proof maddie was abducted.

quote from thread

In my opinion a lot of people were duped into giving to the fund for Amaral.   Calling it 'Justice  for Maddie'  Collecting on Madeleine's birthday.   I believe a lot thought it was going towards the search for her.

Nearly £53.thousand was donated of a £20, thousand target clearly marked -  Legal defence for Goncalo Amaral

One donation of £1,000 claims to be from 'a very large' group of Met Police officers outraged at the way Amaral has been treated.
A very large group?  Was it about 1000 coppers chipping in a pound each?   
So Amaral’s Fund raised £53k making him highly respected.  That makes the McCanns with their fund of over £1m roughly 19 times more respectable than Amaral.  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

Personally, I doubt that it was a large number of  "Coppers" that donated one thousand pounds.  More like one particular Copper.  But I do have to say that I am stunned if it was in fact 53 Thousand Pounds.

I never gave any money to anyone, probably because I was a bit broke myself at the time.  And remain so to this day,  although The Food Bank has helped out a bit.

But is this a measure of what the world in general thinks of Amaral?  And just how many Portuguese people donated?  Does anyone know this?

Offline Myster

Another entry for "Wonky Gonky's Absolutely Ridiculous Photo Manipulation Contest".

Featuring Brueckner's ratstailfarian (circa 2007), cadaver dog-eared spliff and x-ray specs capable of penetrating Ocean Club walls at 50 metres...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 05:54:48 AM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline jassi

Personally, I doubt that it was a large number of  "Coppers" that donated one thousand pounds.  More like one particular Copper.  But I do have to say that I am stunned if it was in fact 53 Thousand Pounds.

I never gave any money to anyone, probably because I was a bit broke myself at the time.  And remain so to this day,  although The Food Bank has helped out a bit.

But is this a measure of what the world in general thinks of Amaral? And just how many Portuguese people donated?  Does anyone know this?

The world in general has never heard of Amaral
IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

So Amaral’s Fund raised £53k making him highly respected.  That makes the McCanns with their fund of over £1m roughly 19 times more respectable than Amaral.  @)(++(*

On 29th April 2015 the GoFundMe page was created by Leanne Baulch to raise funds for Amaral's defence against the action brought against him by the McCanns. He didn't have the funds to pay for his defence himself as they had been frozen by an injunction taken out by the McCanns. It was closed on 28th October 2015 as the PJGA group were satisfied that enough had been raised. An average of £ 8,800 per month was donated.

In my opinion a lot of that money was donated due to the attitude of the UK press. They accused those who donated of being 'online trolls'. That simplistic and untrue accusation led to more donations being made rather than discouraging people imo. As did efforts to make the GoFundMe page difficult to locate.

So Amaral was able to defend himself because people in the UK disagreed with tactics designed to prevent him from doing so imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

By the public

quote from thread

Those comments are quite nauseating.   Anyone would think he was a god,  instead of an Arguido.  He was made an Arguido days before he took on the job of missing Madeleine.   How on earth that happened is anyones guess.   He lied in court.    He didn't understand the forensic results blamed the parents with no evidence at all,  then when taken off the case,  wrote a libellous book.   How does anyone know what assets he had?   The McCann's weren't to blame for his marriage failing,  or for him losing his house.   Giving money to a person who wrote a book about a missing child based on what he believed happened,  none of it proven.   He was no doubt laughing at the lot of you.

Offline Lace

On 29th April 2015 the GoFundMe page was created by Leanne Baulch to raise funds for Amaral's defence against the action brought against him by the McCanns. He didn't have the funds to pay for his defence himself as they had been frozen by an injunction taken out by the McCanns. It was closed on 28th October 2015 as the PJGA group were satisfied that enough had been raised. An average of £ 8,800 per month was donated.

In my opinion a lot of that money was donated due to the attitude of the UK press. They accused those who donated of being 'online trolls'. That simplistic and untrue accusation led to more donations being made rather than discouraging people imo. As did efforts to make the GoFundMe page difficult to locate.

So Amaral was able to defend himself because people in the UK disagreed with tactics designed to prevent him from doing so imo.

So donations made by people who didn't like the label 'troll'.  not because Amaral needed the money?    How ridiculous,  seems the old saying 'Fools and their money are soon parted'. is quite true in this case.

Offline Mr Gray

You are claiming that amaral needed this money to defend himself...in reality i doubt taht is true. in the Uk frozen assets can be used to pay reasobnable legal expenses...I cant see things would be any different in portugal

Offline barrier

So donations made by people who didn't like the label 'troll'.  not because Amaral needed the money?    How ridiculous,  seems the old saying 'Fools and their money are soon parted'. is quite true in this case.

So its foolish to go through the appeal process and emerge successful iyo ,which is what the funding was for isn't it.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline kizzy

The target was £20 thousand - so seems people went above and beyond.

As for the mccs fund members of my family donated and regretted doing so as they felt they were duped.

Offline kizzy

Those comments are quite nauseating.   Anyone would think he was a god,  instead of an Arguido.  He was made an Arguido days before he took on the job of missing Madeleine.   How on earth that happened is anyones guess.   He lied in court.    He didn't understand the forensic results blamed the parents with no evidence at all,  then when taken off the case,  wrote a libellous book.   How does anyone know what assets he had?   The McCann's weren't to blame for his marriage failing,  or for him losing his house.   Giving money to a person who wrote a book about a missing child based on what he believed happened,  none of it proven.   He was no doubt laughing at the lot of you.

Not forgetting it was the mccs who created this in the first place - yet constantly treated like victims.

As for the book no one seems to complain about kmc book or JC come to that seems they could be laughing at you lot.

So nothing pproven ....no ...but has any one else proven anything ...no.

Offline kizzy

As VS said the mccs collected hell of a lot more money than GA

Offline jassi

Those comments are quite nauseating.   Anyone would think he was a god,  instead of an Arguido.  He was made an Arguido days before he took on the job of missing Madeleine.   How on earth that happened is anyones guess.   He lied in court.    He didn't understand the forensic results blamed the parents with no evidence at all,  then when taken off the case,  wrote a libellous book.   How does anyone know what assets he had?   The McCann's weren't to blame for his marriage failing,  or for him losing his house.  Giving money to a person who wrote a book about a missing child based on what he believed happened,  none of it proven.   He was no doubt laughing at the lot of you.

Not really relevant, although it seems to upset you.

IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

I think people donated for many reasons, but the 'troll' jibes were counter-productive. The donations allowed Amaral to appeal and the McCanns lost the case. Money well spent then. The money donated to 'search for Madeleine', on the other hand, did not achieve that objective.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0