Author Topic: Is Goncalo Amaral more respected than what some seem to think on this forum.  (Read 6143 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Is this the same Jon Clark.....seems he doesn't have much of a reputation imo

Once again more “fake news” has been distributed by The Olive Press ex-pat media in Spain.
The Olive Press, edited by Jon Clarke, has a reputation of scrapping up fake news in an attempt to gain ex-pat advertisers operating on Spain’s Costa del Sol & Costa Blanca, although today’s latest claim was a complete “pearler”

Clarke himself, who self proclaims to be an investigative journalist, got his total investigations completely wrong whilst at the same time making libellous comments and accusations.

In a Friday night outburst, Clarke firstly accused us Global247news on a Facebook group known as “Named And Shamed Costa Blanca”, being associated with another title on Spain’s Coast,  The Euro Weekly News.

https://global247news.com/2020/07/17/jon-clarke-editor-of-the-olive-press-in-spain-scrapes-out-fake-news-yet-again/
What a fake and cheap looking website.  IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

What a fake and cheap looking website.  IMO.

Just came up along with a lot more. Just google JC

https://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/2019/08/did-disgraced-olive-press-journalist.html

A Lie is a Lie is a Lie
How many different Versions of the Truth can be True ?

I detailed previously Clarke’s three separate and distinct ‘Versions of the Truth’, saw them initially as irreconcilable, one with another, and then tried to fuse them together to make a consistent story.

In this I think I was partially successful. But that success is dependant on the admission by Clarke that one other element is false – that of the claimed time of a phone call and the estimated time of departure from the family home in rural Spain.

It is instructive to consider yet again the wording of the statements.
I make no apology for repeating them, so that everyone shall understand the depths to which journalism has sunk, and how Tabloid proprietors and journalists have lost even the scrap of morality and decency they may once have had.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Just came up along with a lot more. Just google JC

https://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/2019/08/did-disgraced-olive-press-journalist.html

A Lie is a Lie is a Lie
How many different Versions of the Truth can be True ?

I detailed previously Clarke’s three separate and distinct ‘Versions of the Truth’, saw them initially as irreconcilable, one with another, and then tried to fuse them together to make a consistent story.

In this I think I was partially successful. But that success is dependant on the admission by Clarke that one other element is false – that of the claimed time of a phone call and the estimated time of departure from the family home in rural Spain.

It is instructive to consider yet again the wording of the statements.
I make no apology for repeating them, so that everyone shall understand the depths to which journalism has sunk, and how Tabloid proprietors and journalists have lost even the scrap of morality and decency they may once have had.

Just no-marks with a grudge because Jon Clarke doesn’t think the McCanns dunnit and is a successful investigative journalist.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

Considering the amount of bile that GA gets on this thread it is uncanny how JC...HCW get so much praise yet to me it seems Maddie is just a gain to an end for them.

Saying I believe she is alive then dead...at least GA is consistent with what he thinks happened IMO

Offline Mr Gray

Considering the amount of bile that GA gets on this thread it is uncanny how JC...HCW get so much praise yet to me it seems Maddie is just a gain to an end for them.

Saying I believe she is alive then dead...at least GA is consistent with what he thinks happened IMO

I haven't changed my mind and I haven't been proved wrong... I understand the evidence.. Amaral doesnt

Offline jassi

That's because they say what supporters want to hear - IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Amaral messed the investigation up.   It seems that people are sucked into things because they dislike the 'McCann's as you said the McCann's created this in the first place'.  So you believe that Amaral should be awarded for the mess he caused?   A little girl was missing and all he could think about was accusing the McCann's with no evidence,  then when taken off the case,   decided to write a book and poison the name of the McCann's for his own gain.

Kate's book on the other hand,  showed the investigation through her eyes.   How Amaral turned on them and was not looking for their child.

Jon Clark also points out everything that went wrong with the case.

The obsession with Amaral is alive and well I see. Lest we forget, he wasn't in charge of the investigation, Encarnacao and Neves were. According to Kate McCann it was those two who ignored the law too and accused her and her husband of being involved in their daughter's disappearance. They interviewed them with no lawyer present and there's no record of what was said.

"I was in no doubt now that they were trying to make me say I’d killed Madeleine or knew what had happened to her. I might be naive but I’m not stupid." [madeleine]

I've always wondered why this departure from the accepted procedure wasn't reported by the McCanns and why they and their supporters have chosen to concentrate on Amaral, the third in the chain of command. His opinions were clearly shared by his superiors.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

That's because they say what supporters want to hear - IMO

HCW claims are worthless without evidence... We know amaral had no evidence... We need to wait and see what Wolters has

Offline kizzy

I haven't changed my mind and I haven't been proved wrong... I understand the evidence.. Amaral doesnt

Did I mention any of that what you just posted ..in the post you replied to....no

Ameral is more in the loop than you are D wheres you are just like me ...a poster on a forum with an opinion.

Offline jassi

The obsession with Amaral is alive and well I see. Lest we forget, he wasn't in charge of the investigation, Encarnacao and Neves were. According to Kate McCann it was those two who ignored the law too and accused her and her husband of being involved in their daughter's disappearance. They interviewed them with no lawyer present and there's no record of what was said.

"I was in no doubt now that they were trying to make me say I’d killed Madeleine or knew what had happened to her. I might be naive but I’m not stupid." [madeleine]

I've always wondered why this departure from the accepted procedure wasn't reported by the McCanns and why they and their supporters have chosen to concentrate on Amaral, the third in the chain of command. His opinions were clearly shared by his superiors.

I suppose it's because Amaral had the temerity to challenge McCann publicly - hence all the bad-mouthing by McCann supporters.

He's not the only one bad-mouthed, but  boy, he's certainly public enemy No 1
Futile really as it alters nothing  but it allows  supporters to vent their spleen.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

Did I mention any of that what you just posted ..in the post you replied to....no

Ameral is more in the loop than you are D wheres you are just like me ...a poster on a forum with an opinion.
Why don’t you explain to us why Amaral deserves anyone’s respect?  What’s he ever done that was so marvellous?  Should we overlook his conviction and his bare faced lies to marvel solely on the fact that he wrote a book about the case in which he points the finger at the parents?

Offline Venturi Swirl

I suppose it's because Amaral had the temerity to challenge McCann publicly - hence all the bad-mouthing by McCann supporters.

Futile really as it alters nothing  but it allows  supporters to vent their spleen.
Every word written on this forum is futile (including and especially yours  @)(++(* )

Offline Mr Gray

I have a massive advantage over Amaral.. I understand the value of the alerts and the dna
Amaral is no more in the loop than I am
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 06:39:20 PM by Davel »

Offline barrier

I have a massive advantage over Amaral.. I understand the value of the alerts and the dna
Amaral is no more in the loop than I am

The ego has landed.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

I really don't understand why they feel such anger on behalf of others. Especially when those others proved eminently capable of defending their position themselves.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0