Author Topic: Is Goncalo Amaral more respected than what some seem to think on this forum.  (Read 6136 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

I amended the OP for the spelling of Amaral.  Thanks.
Spelling Ameral’s name wrong definitely indicates a lack of respect imo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

Any damage done in my opinion was letting 20+ people in ...they found kmcs finger prints yet no one else's it seems.

Did any of the 20+ see the open window that was left open while kmc ran out to the tapas lesaving twins.

If like some think Maddie could have been snached in minutes ...so could the twins have been imo

"letting 20+ people in".  Did they let them in?   Or were they too distraught about the fact their daughter was missing to even think about a crime scene?   What parents actually thinks 'hang on a minute this is a crime scene' when their child is missing?   What parent even thinks that the abductor is still lurking to steal two babies when you are screaming to alert your husband that your child is missing.

You don't live in the real world.   

Offline G-Unit

"letting 20+ people in".  Did they let them in?   Or were they too distraught about the fact their daughter was missing to even think about a crime scene?   What parents actually thinks 'hang on a minute this is a crime scene' when their child is missing?   What parent even thinks that the abductor is still lurking to steal two babies when you are screaming to alert your husband that your child is missing.

According to Kate Gerry was aware;

People had been in and out of the apartment for the last three hours, and until one of the PJ officers stuck a piece of police tape across the doorway of the children’s room, it was Gerry who tried to make sure everyone kept clear of it.
[madeleine]

I wonder who exactly Gerry told to keep clear of the children's room?

According to their statements Kate and Gerry McCann, Fiona Payne, Amy Tierney and Silvia Batista all searched the room and Emma Knight was in and out checking the twins.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

By the public

I do believe GA should be just as credible as H C W....He was there when what ever happened took place and as yet has not been proved wrong as there has been no conclusion to case or proof maddie was abducted.

quote from thread

In my opinion a lot of people were duped into giving to the fund for Amaral.   Calling it 'Justice  for Maddie'  Collecting on Madeleine's birthday.   I believe a lot thought it was going towards the search for her.

Nearly £53.thousand was donated of a £20, thousand target clearly marked -  Legal defence for Goncalo Amaral

https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/_gafund2500.htm

One donation of £1,000 claims to be from 'a very large' group of Met Police officers outraged at the way Amaral has been treated.

The fact that he was there at the time of the incident and saw the initial suspects interviewed renders him probably in the best position to make a judgement call. That said, I don't agree with some of his analysis but then hindsight is a wonderful benefit some 14 years after the event.

I think the Smith evidence was both helpful and unhelpful to him. He is convinced that the man they saw was carrying Madeleine that night and I have much sympathy with that view. Where we differ is that he was led to believe the man seen was Gerry McCann but in my view that was not possible.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 05:33:38 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

According to Kate Gerry was aware;

People had been in and out of the apartment for the last three hours, and until one of the PJ officers stuck a piece of police tape across the doorway of the children’s room, it was Gerry who tried to make sure everyone kept clear of it.
[madeleine]

I wonder who exactly Gerry told to keep clear of the children's room?

According to their statements Kate and Gerry McCann, Fiona Payne, Amy Tierney and Silvia Batista all searched the room and Emma Knight was in and out checking the twins.

In such a situation the room should have been closed pending the arrival of the PJ with the parents and other two children being moved to another accomodation.

One has to realise though that such an abduction is extremely rare so it was initially thought that she had merely wandered off. I believe this is what did happen and that  she was taken from the nearby street after trying to follow Gerry. Whether this taking from the street was as a result of an accident is another possibility.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 05:48:09 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

The responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the crime scene was the duty of the Portuguese police and nothing at all to do with the victims of the crime.

Any criticism directed at the mistakes made recognise only the botched job the police made of it right from the word go.

In fact had they wanted to destroy evidence they could hardly have made a better job of it.

Madeleine: How the police ruined the forensic evidence in her bedroom
By VANESSA ALLEN
Last updated at 01:22 16 November 2007

Poice searching for Madeleine McCann allowed potentially crucial clues from her bed to be destroyed, it emerged yesterday.

Detectives failed to send her bedding for analysis, even though an abductor could have left fibres, fingerprints or DNA on it.

By the time officers returned to the Ocean Club apartment more than 24 hours after Madeleine's disappearance, cleaners at the holiday complex had washed the sheets, blankets and pillowcase.

A source from the Portuguese police laboratory said: "Some important clue could have been found on those items besides hair, which was what was sent to the institute.

"They forgot that the items in the bedroom could hypothetically have had fibres belonging to a possible abductor or even a fingerprint.

The error is the latest in a series of blunders surrounding the collection of forensic evidence from Kate and Gerry McCann's apartment in Praia da Luz.

Police failed to seal off the apartment as a crime scene, meaning vital samples were contaminated with ash from officers' cigarettes.

Other evidence was trampled under foot by up to 50 people, who left shoe marks and fingerprints.

Officers also allowed the McCanns to move their possessions to another apartment.

Mr and Mrs McCann, both 39, from Leicestershire, have always insisted their daughter was abducted while they ate dinner with friends nearby.

They have been horrified by blunders in the investigation, which they fear could have destroyed their chances of learning what happened to Madeleine.

Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell declined to comment-on the police investigation, but said it was hoped it was being carried out "as professionally and as competently as possible".

Forensics expert Allan Scott said the bedding could have been a vital source of evidence.

"It is very difficult to be in contact with another surface and not leave a trace of yourself behind."

Further forensic sampling was carried out in the apartment in August, after sniffer dogs allegedly found the "scent of death" and microscopic traces of blood.

Scientists have continued to work on the samples in the hope they could still provide a breakthrough.

The revelations came as a lawyer began moves to bring a private prosecution against the McCanns for alleged child neglect.

Anthony Bennett faxed an application for a court summons against the couple to magistrates in Leicestershire.

He said his move was sparked by a 'lack of action' by the Leicestershire authorities.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494203/Madeleine-How-police-ruined-forensic-evidence-bedroom.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

The fact that he was there at the time of the incident and saw the initial suspects interviewed renders him probably in the best position to make a judgement call. That said, I don't agree with some of his analysis but then hindsight is a wonderful benefit some 14 years after the event.

I think the Smith evidence was both helpful and unhelpful to him. He is convinced that the man they saw was carrying Madeleine that night and I have much sympathy with that view. Where we differ is that he was led to believe the man seen was Gerry McCann but in my view that was not possible.

I don't see Amaral in any position to make a judgement call. He claims the alerts confirmed Maddies cadaver had been in 5a... He clearly hadn't got a clue and obviously still hasn't after 14 years.

Offline Brietta

In such a situation the room should have been closed pending the arrival of the PJ with the parents and other two children being moved to another accomodation.

One has to realise though that such an abduction is extremely rare so it was initially thought that she had merely wandered off. I believe this is what did happen and that  she was taken from the nearby street after trying to follow Gerry. Whether this taking from the street was as a result of an accident is another possibility.

I think Madeleine was removed from the apartment by person or persons unknown.  And I think there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to indicate that the German investigation is hitting very close to the mark.

On the other hand when one reads of the toleration of paedophilia in a holiday resort in an area where one's child stood a very fair chance of being assaulted in her bed the notion that a child wandering on her own stood a very reasonable (highly likely) chance of wandering into one of these perverts is probably a valid one.
Which I believe has been looked at and dismissed.

Children on holiday in the Algarve had been assaulted under their own roof for years and the local police apparently never got close enough to get a sniff at the perpetrator smelly or not.  Fourteen years after Madeleine's disappearance the local police are no closer ... but I think with some of the main players out of the equation there is not the same problem.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

The responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the crime scene was the duty of the Portuguese police and nothing at all to do with the victims of the crime.

Any criticism directed at the mistakes made recognise only the botched job the police made of it right from the word go.

In fact had they wanted to destroy evidence they could hardly have made a better job of it.

Madeleine: How the police ruined the forensic evidence in her bedroom
By VANESSA ALLEN
Last updated at 01:22 16 November 2007

Poice searching for Madeleine McCann allowed potentially crucial clues from her bed to be destroyed, it emerged yesterday.

Detectives failed to send her bedding for analysis, even though an abductor could have left fibres, fingerprints or DNA on it.

By the time officers returned to the Ocean Club apartment more than 24 hours after Madeleine's disappearance, cleaners at the holiday complex had washed the sheets, blankets and pillowcase.

A source from the Portuguese police laboratory said: "Some important clue could have been found on those items besides hair, which was what was sent to the institute.

"They forgot that the items in the bedroom could hypothetically have had fibres belonging to a possible abductor or even a fingerprint.

The error is the latest in a series of blunders surrounding the collection of forensic evidence from Kate and Gerry McCann's apartment in Praia da Luz.

Police failed to seal off the apartment as a crime scene, meaning vital samples were contaminated with ash from officers' cigarettes.

Other evidence was trampled under foot by up to 50 people, who left shoe marks and fingerprints.

Officers also allowed the McCanns to move their possessions to another apartment.

Mr and Mrs McCann, both 39, from Leicestershire, have always insisted their daughter was abducted while they ate dinner with friends nearby.

They have been horrified by blunders in the investigation, which they fear could have destroyed their chances of learning what happened to Madeleine.

Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell declined to comment-on the police investigation, but said it was hoped it was being carried out "as professionally and as competently as possible".

Forensics expert Allan Scott said the bedding could have been a vital source of evidence.

"It is very difficult to be in contact with another surface and not leave a trace of yourself behind."

Further forensic sampling was carried out in the apartment in August, after sniffer dogs allegedly found the "scent of death" and microscopic traces of blood.

Scientists have continued to work on the samples in the hope they could still provide a breakthrough.

The revelations came as a lawyer began moves to bring a private prosecution against the McCanns for alleged child neglect.

Anthony Bennett faxed an application for a court summons against the couple to magistrates in Leicestershire.

He said his move was sparked by a 'lack of action' by the Leicestershire authorities.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494203/Madeleine-How-police-ruined-forensic-evidence-bedroom.html

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Even the 'superior' UK police can underperform despite all the efforts which have been made to ensure best practice.
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/bernadette-walker-no-misconduct-cambs-21151900
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Even the 'superior' UK police can underperform despite all the efforts which have been made to ensure best practice.
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/bernadette-walker-no-misconduct-cambs-21151900

I dont think it's hindsight to test the bed clothes for dna.  The claim from sceptics is no evidence of an abductor.. It may well be there was but the cleaners washed it away

Offline barrier

Redwood stated the child bore a description close to that of Madeleine, the only reported child being carried that night bearing that.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I dont think it's hindsight to test the bed clothes for dna.  The claim from sceptics is no evidence of an abductor.. It may well be there was but the cleaners washed it away
Reading the chapter on The Irish woman’s rape in Portugal in Jon Clarke’s book she was shocked to discover one of her own nails in her bed on returning to the scene of the crime, something the PJ had completely overlooked(if they’d bothered to look at all).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Redwood stated the child bore a description close to that of Madeleine, the only reported child being carried that night bearing that.
Not true.

Offline Brietta

The Policia Judiciaria botched Madeleine McCann's case from first to last. 

Your antipathy towards the British police will not mitigate that fact in the slightest.

Offline barrier

Not true.

Who described any other child as fitting a description close to that of Madeleine ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.