Author Topic: If the children were being sedated...  (Read 28900 times)

Offline jassi

Re: If the children were being sedated...
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »
Can you give me any further information on this?  Kate and Gerry are doctors so would presumably know about the most effective methods of sedation wouldn't you think?

Within a clinical setting, they certainly should, but ad hoq on holiday could be quite different, when they wouldn't necessarily have the most effective methods to hand - ( hypothetically, of course.)
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Albertini

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 07:59:20 PM »
Is it not possible that after the crying incident the dosage of sedatives given was increased to prevent a repeat?

stephen25000

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 08:22:23 PM »
therefore we can take it as truth that at least one child in the near vicinity was awake during that night for a prolonged period, unlikely therefore to have been sedated.

We do not know what the mccanns did or didn't do on each night or day, regarding medications.

..................or do you know better ?

Cariad

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 08:22:58 PM »
Is it not possible that after the crying incident the dosage of sedatives given was increased to prevent a repeat?

Or even that the crying incident was the catalyst for sedation? Hypothetically of course.

Offline peter claridge

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
Kate McCann was right to be concerned - one of her children had gone missing and whoever had taken her would have come into contact with her twins too.  I believe she was concerned that they might have been drugged by the intruder, which I suppose is a possibility but there is no evidence that such a thing occurred.

If she was concerned, why was it that she didn't get them checked out?  Do you think that Madeleine was drugged by the intruder?

Offline jassi

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »
If she was concerned, why was it that she didn't get them checked out?  Do you think that Madeleine was drugged by the intruder?

An intriguing question, to which, presumably, only she knows the answer.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
Within a clinical setting, they certainly should, but ad hoq on holiday could be quite different, when they wouldn't necessarily have the most effective methods to hand - ( hypothetically, of course.)
If they had gone on holiday without taking the "most effective methods" with them, where do you suppose they might have sourced other, less effective methods?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
An increased dosage on the night Madeleine went missing would seem to rule out the likelihood of Madeleine getting out of bed and falling off a sofa.  It also considerably reduces the amount of time available for all the other necessary components of the cover- up to have occurred.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 08:46:24 PM »
Possibly.  As for your first question I don't know, could only speculate.

Offline peter claridge

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »
Possibly.  As for your first question I don't know, could only speculate.

Kate seemed to make a lot of unusual choices that evening
1. Not shouting from the balcony (just like dining in your back garden)
2. Not getting the twins checked over
3. Not shouting out Madeleine's name when she found her gone

I could go on..

Offline Benice

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »
An intriguing question, to which, presumably, only she knows the answer.

More pertinently imo - why didn't the PJ get them checked out.   If it was proved that drugs had been administered then surely that would be vital evidence -  and because of that I don't think the McCanns could have had checks done themselves -  IMO it could only done under the auspices of the PJ - as part of an ongoing enquiry.

Quote from KM's book

''Since Madeleine was snatched apparently without making a sound, we had always suspected that all three children might have been sedated by the abductor.   We mentioned this to the police that night and several more times in the following weeks, but no testing of urine, blood or hair, which could have revealed the presence of drugs, had ever been done.''
Unquote

A report from a FLO also confirms that the McCanns asked the PJ about the possibility of drugs having been used.

However, IIRC it was the PJ's decision not to do the tests.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Benice

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2014, 09:15:47 PM »

I could go on..

Indeed - she could have fainted on the spot with the shock - or her throat could have been so constricted with fear and her mouth so dry that she couldn't speak -  or her legs could have turned to jelly so that she couldn't run........ the list of all the different ways sudden and extreme shock can affect a human being is very long.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

stephen25000

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »
Indeed - she could have fainted on the spot with the shock - or her throat could have been so constricted with fear and her mouth so dry that she couldn't speak -  or her legs could have turned to jelly so that she couldn't run........ the list of all the different ways sudden and extreme shock can affect a human being is very long.

.....or she was trying to deflect from what really happened.

Offline Benice

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »
.....or she was trying to deflect from what really happened.

Deflect what from whom exactly?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »

I could go on..

Do points 1 & 3 have anything to do with the question of whether the children were sedated or not?