Author Topic: do you think the media calling missing kids the american maddie is cruel  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

so would it be acceptable on this forum for me to say amaral is a shit copper....I certainly think he is
and there is plenty of evidence to support that statement

As far as I am concerned, chief, you can say what you like it ain't no skin off my nose.
But then I would have thought the post offended your own high standards of precision and grammar.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

As far as I am concerned, chief, you can say what you like it ain't no skin off my nose.
But then I would have thought the post offended your own high standards of precision and grammar.

it isnt about what concerns you

Offline Brietta

the topic is is it cruel to use maddies name   to  talk about other missing/explolited children i  still think it is  they have their own names  and circumstances

Who is up for criticism here? 

By implication the alleged 'cruelty' stems from ...
  • Madeleine McCann
  • Madeleine McCann's parents
The alleged 'cruelty' stems from those who make the comparisons and certainly not the victims of the crime.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to revert to to a reasonable standard of discussion on the forum and desist from turning every thread into absolute criticism of individuals labouring under a burden which would bring most people to their knees.

We are members of a JUSTICE forum.  Which sometimes seems more intent on heaping more injustice on named individuals than is reasonably proper.

Individuals cannot control a news agenda; ask Shining about that. 
Did anyone stop to think about the cruelty visited upon Madeleine McCann's family by the comparison made with Isabel Celis whose remains have been found discarded somewhere in a desert?

It really is way beyond time that some individuals particularly those who are members of a forum dedicated to justice, examine their consciences prior to hitting their keyboards ... in my opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

• Madeleine McCann
The alleged 'cruelty' stems from those who make the comparisons and certainly not the victims of the crime.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to revert to to a reasonable standard of discussion on the forum and desist from turning every thread into absolute criticism of individuals labouring under a burden which would bring most people to their knees.

We are members of a JUSTICE forum.  Which sometimes seems more intent on heaping more injustice on named individuals than is reasonably proper.

Did anyone stop to think about the cruelty visited upon Madeleine McCann's family by the comparison made with Isabel Celis whose remains have been found discarded somewhere in a desert?

It really is way beyond time that some individuals particularly those who are members of a forum dedicated to justice, examine their consciences prior to hitting their keyboards ... in my opinion.

I 100% agree.

Offline slartibartfast

• Madeleine McCann

Only 2 people know if it is injustice.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

Only 2 people know if it is injustice.
So in the meantime keep calm and carry on kicking them cos there's always a chance they're guilty!

Offline slartibartfast

This is all off topic so back to topic please.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Erngath

• Madeleine McCann

Well said.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:33:40 AM by ShiningInLuz »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline ShiningInLuz

• Madeleine McCann

I don't think suppressing such discussion adds anything to the search for justice re Madeleine.  I have been monitoring the news and there is quite clearly an uptick in stories that are being related to the McCanns.  Last night and tonight Channel 5 aired/airs a two part documentary about Karen Matthews, The Mother's story, in which a number of experts opined.  India Lake, body language 'expert' analysed Matthews, then Dr Elizabeth Yardley and journalist Amanda Platell equated this to Kate McCann's body language.

I missed the programme and the link https://www.my5.tv/shannon-matthews-the-mothers-story/season-1/shannon-matthews-the-mothers-story does not work for me, presumably because I am not in the UK.

I am critical of the use of body language in general, given that research indicates it is hardly the best of tools.  It appears one of the linking items was Karen's use of a teddy bear, which she could not name because the child had never seen it.

The media appears to be using the 10th to crank out anything that can be related to Madeleine McCann.  The question is, will the current flurry of stories die off after 3 May 2017.   I can't remember a peak last year, and there was almost no-one on the ground.  That's what I would predict for the 11th, 12th, 13th etc.

This may be the storm before the calm, which would then be an opportunity for the McCanns to get the twins life as near normal as possible.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

As long as their are people slagging the McCanns off on the net the twins will be affected
As long as Madeleine is missing, the twins will be affected.

As long as they retain their names, the twins will be affected.

As long as the McCanns remain in the limelight, the twins will be affected.

Twitter and Facebook are options.  I get along fine without them.

Then it is up to the twins whether they start to think for themselves and do their own research, or whether their main source of information is what their parents choose to tell them.

And the above is why I chose 'as near normal as possible'.  Even if Madeleine turned up alive and well today, the twins would not get total normality back.

They have become celebrities in their own right, though that was not a choice of their own making. Ditto Madeleine.
What's up, old man?

Online Eleanor

And Madeleine needs to be kept in the public eye.  A bit of a catch 22.