Author Topic: The 4 Amigos July 17 Protest - will now go ahead.  (Read 1559 times)

Offline TruthSeeker2003

The 4 Amigos July 17 Protest - will now go ahead.
« on: July 03, 2021, 02:25:05 AM »
Caroline Linning and the 4 Amigos

James Mitchell - Mouthpiece for the 4 Amigos posted on Facebook today.

“ Just to let everyone know that the 4 AMIGOS WILL BE THERE ON THE 17TH,  HOPEFULLY YOU ALL WILL JOIN US, WE ARE LUKE'S VOICE,  ❤💚👍👌✊👊🤝💪💪💪”

The Free and Retry Facebook group has suddenly cancelled the protest they planned. The following statement was posted in the group yesterday.

Ivor Batey

Good evening folks. Sorry to say I have some bad news. Due to unforeseen circumstances the protest on the 17th of July has had to be cancelled. We know a lot of you changed work shifts & other things which we are all thankful for. But due to thing’s beyond our control we thought it best to cancel now rather than give you only a few hours notice. Thank you from Luke & ourselves to everyone who was going to attend & hope you understand. It doesn’t mean we will be stopping the fight as that’s not in our vocabulary. Once again thank you all for your support. Be good & be lucky lovely people.
“I am a Truthseeker, searching for truth” “Make of that what you will”

Offline John

Re: The 4 Amigos July 17 Protest - will now go ahead.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 09:26:47 PM »
What an utter shambles.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 10:08:45 PM »
Were they the reason Sandra Lean pretended to not know about July 17th protest?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 12:45:38 AM »
Who knows?

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 01:56:00 AM »
Darren Carson

Self confessed amigo announced this today.

“ Mind everyone to keep the 17th July free as we would appreciate if all our followers can get to the protest in Edinburgh in time for it to start peaceful protest for luke and the people who stayed with him through the last 18 years
#follow me darren carson Stuart Dempsey  Johnnyboy Steele and James Mitchell and the team thanks 12.30 until 3.30 the protest has been changed to holyrood Park next to Scottish Parliament same times as above”

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 06:18:13 PM »
Darren Carson

Self confessed amigo announced this today.

“ Mind everyone to keep the 17th July free as we would appreciate if all our followers can get to the protest in Edinburgh in time for it to start peaceful protest for luke and the people who stayed with him through the last 18 years
#follow me darren carson Stuart Dempsey  Johnnyboy Steele and James Mitchell and the team thanks 12.30 until 3.30 the protest has been changed to holyrood Park next to Scottish Parliament same times as above”

So they're the 4. I should have read this first  8((()*/

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 01:03:10 AM »
Anyone know if this is going ahead? There’s so much flying around Facebook. Some saying yes, some saying no.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 07:08:18 AM »
Anyone know if this is going ahead? There’s so much flying around Facebook. Some saying yes, some saying no.

It will make little difference now as the campaign and it's instigator have lost all credibility.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 10:49:31 AM »
It will make little difference now as the campaign and it's instigator have lost all credibility.

With who?

Luckily whether Luke’s conviction is quashed will depend on new evidence and not old biases.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 02:16:16 AM »

According to my source  21 people attended including the organisers.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 04:21:55 PM »

So, Glasgow may have been better? SL did say Edinburgh was going to be a completely different thing altogether.

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 11:49:01 PM »
She did. This one was organised pretty last minute.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2021, 08:37:48 PM »

Were they pleased with that given the short notice? It was pouring at the Glasgow protest if I remember correctly. The 17th was a lovely day as well so could it be because the groups have split that the turn out was less? I don't know anything about the groups.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2021, 08:54:26 PM »
Were they pleased with that given the short notice? It was pouring at the Glasgow protest if I remember correctly. The 17th was a lovely day as well so could it be because the groups have split that the turn out was less? I don't know anything about the groups.

I think the numbers were as expected with campaigns like this. Only issues that affect a great many people get large turnouts.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2021, 11:09:36 PM »
I think the numbers were as expected with campaigns like this. Only issues that affect a great many people get large turnouts.
Actually, we agree. People are only going to show up if it's important to them but 30+ showed up in bad weather in Glasgow and, apparently,  20+ during great weather in Edinburgh so I'm wondering if the reason may be that the groups have split because surely the cause is still the cause? It can't be because everyone's abroad. I'm wondering if the reason is the split? I don't know if SL was there and CM wasn't at the Glasgow protest anyway. Could be her health but the numbers have dwindled. Could be short notice, could be the split but I'm sure the turn out must have been disappointing compared to the Glasgow protest. I'm wondering if the split has been detrimental to all of Luke's supporters.