Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240741 times)

Alfie

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #660 on: August 20, 2016, 05:28:10 AM »
Which ones is he so keen on talking to and having no desire to hunt down and punish...presumably those in the uk? Where he has or has he? Power to do so? So which ones?

As for my post, which bit wasnt too clear barring spellos?

As for beng a disaster for the party, not at all, best thng since sliced bread
In the event of a Paris style incident, with terrorists running rampage and killing dozens of innocent people on the streets and in clubs, Jeremy has clearly stated that he does NOT support a shoot to kill policy, preferring instead I presume to negotiate a non-violent resolution to the situation.

Best thing since sliced bread, my arse!

Offline mercury

« Reply #661 on: August 21, 2016, 01:46:07 AM »
In the event of a Paris style incident, with terrorists running rampage and killing dozens of innocent people on the streets and in clubs, Jeremy has clearly stated that he does NOT support a shoot to kill policy, preferring instead I presume to negotiate a non-violent resolution to the situation.

Best thing since sliced bread, my arse!

Making things up again are we? So sad

Alfie

« Reply #662 on: August 21, 2016, 03:38:51 AM »
Making things up again are we? So sad
you're very ill-informed.

Mr Corbyn said: "I'm not happy with the shoot-to-kill policy in general - I think that is quite dangerous and I think can often can be counterproductive.
"I think you have to have security that prevents people firing off weapons where you can, there are various degrees for doing things as we know.
"But the idea you end up with a war on the streets is not a good thing."

BBC News

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #663 on: August 21, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »

Mr Corbyn said: "I'm not happy with the shoot-to-kill policy in general - I think that is quite dangerous and I think can often can be counterproductive.
"I think you have to have security that prevents people firing off weapons where you can, there are various degrees for doing things as we know.

BBC News

Corbyn doesn't seem to indulge in sound bites. Not every question has a simple answer. Perhaps he understands that?

Reasonable force is the norm in the UK, which can include shooting to kill.

The problem is not whether you specifically allow shooting to kill; any shooting has the potential to be fatal. The problem is shooting the right people at the right time because mistakes can't be corrected.

Why shooting to wound doesn't make sense scientifically, legally or tactically
https://www.pfoa.co.uk/110/shooting-to-wound

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #664 on: August 21, 2016, 01:22:34 PM »
Corbyn doesn't seem to indulge in sound bites. Not every question has a simple answer. Perhaps he understands that?

Reasonable force is the norm in the UK, which can include shooting to kill.

The problem is not whether you specifically allow shooting to kill; any shooting has the potential to be fatal. The problem is shooting the right people at the right time because mistakes can't be corrected.

Why shooting to wound doesn't make sense scientifically, legally or tactically
https://www.pfoa.co.uk/110/shooting-to-wound
Blah blah blah.  As a potential PM I want to know how Corbyn would react in a terrorist situation and what measures he would be willing to take to counter terrorist action.  I have a pretty good idea that Theresa May would have no compunction whatsoever about issung a shoot to kill order to try and bring about a swift conclusion to the attack.  What I don't have, based on what he has already said on the subject and his general position, is any confidence at all that Jeremy would issue such swift and decisive orders.  What about you,  or don't you really care either way?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #665 on: August 21, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »
Blah blah blah.  As a potential PM I want to know how Corbyn would react in a terrorist situation and what measures he would be willing to take to counter terrorist action.  I have a pretty good idea that Theresa May would have no compunction whatsoever about issung a shoot to kill order to try and bring about a swift conclusion to the attack.  What I don't have, based on what he has already said on the subject and his general position, is any confidence at all that Jeremy would issue such swift and decisive orders.  What about you,  or don't you really care either way?

It's no use dismissing the facts with 'Blah blah blah'

What makes you think anyone would have time for a check with Corbyn or May if an attack was taking place? Would the Met say 'Hold it, lads, while we try to get hold of May in Italy'?

As I understand it the police are able to use reasonable force. That obviously includes killing so long as it can be justified. Normally they aim for the torso when shooting, except for suspected suicide bombers when they aim for the head. Clearly both are likely to kill. It's unrealistic to expect a guaranteed outcome once shooting begins.

Politicians can say what they like to curry favour with voters, but the police decide what to aim at on the day.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #666 on: August 21, 2016, 04:04:48 PM »

What makes you think anyone would have time for a check with Corbyn or May if an attack was taking place? Would the Met say 'Hold it, lads, while we try to get hold of May in Italy'?

As I understand it the police are able to use reasonable force. That obviously includes killing so long as it can be justified. Normally they aim for the torso when shooting, except for suspected suicide bombers when they aim for the head. Clearly both are likely to kill. It's unrealistic to expect a guaranteed outcome once shooting begins.

Politicians can say what they like to curry favour with voters, but the police decide what to aim at on the day.
In extreme terrorist situations yes I would expect the PM and / or home secretary to be informed immediately, why ever not?  Police will not shoot to kill if there are no laws to protect them in the event that they do shoot someone.  Jeremy does not approve of shoot to kill as a resolution to trrrorist situations.  He thought the shooting of Osama Bin Laden was as much of a tragedy as 9/11.  Incredible.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #667 on: August 21, 2016, 04:55:08 PM »

It is called intellectual well researched and well reasoned argument ..... 8(0(*
I can imagine some on here were up in arms in the 1960s because Harold Wilson did not allow the UK to be sucked into the Vietnam war.

Is 9/11 becoming a lower threshold in Godwin's Rule ?   8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #668 on: August 21, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »
It is called intellectual well researched and well reasoned argument ..... 8(0(*
I can imagine some on here were up in arms in the 1960s because Harold Wilson did not allow the UK to be sucked into the Vietnam war.

Is 9/11 becoming a lower threshold in Godwin's Rule ?   8(0(*

Only on this forum.  8((()*/

What a pity Blair was unable to do the same as Wilson.

Result = happy posting.

Offline mercury

« Reply #669 on: August 21, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »

BBC News

Its good to include WHOLE quotes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34840708

Offline mercury

« Reply #670 on: August 21, 2016, 10:14:13 PM »
In extreme terrorist situations yes I would expect the PM and / or home secretary to be informed immediately, why ever not?  Police will not shoot to kill if there are no laws to protect them in the event that they do shoot someone.  Jeremy does not approve of shoot to kill as a resolution to trrrorist situations.  He thought the shooting of Osama Bin Laden was as much of a tragedy as 9/11.  Incredible.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/31/what-jeremy-corbyn-actually-said-about-osama-bin-ladens-death-being-a-tragedy-5369339/

Youre a victim to succumbng to msm soundbites,(or not) Id enlarge your reading base to get a more balanced view

Alfie

« Reply #671 on: August 22, 2016, 03:57:22 AM »
So, all Corbyn fans are perfectly happy that in the event of a major terrorist incident in the UK PM Corbyn and his govt would deal with it, and the subsequent fall-out in the most effective and uncompromising ways?  Well that's fine then, personally From what I've heard of the man I wouldn't trust him to do so, that is why he would not get my vote, but your choice, you vote for him if you think he is the safest pair of hands the country has to offer.

Alfie

« Reply #672 on: August 22, 2016, 04:04:25 AM »
What greatly amuses me about the Corbyn debates on this forum is that I don't get the sense that there is a single one of his staunch defenders on here who would actually vote for him in a general election, but of course winning elections doesn't matter does it?  As long as amiable, humble, saintly old Jeremy can keep posing questions in Parliament on behalf of Sonia from Sc..thorpe and Pete from Peterbrough then that is just as effective as governing the country, isn't it?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #673 on: August 22, 2016, 07:36:29 AM »
What greatly amuses me about the Corbyn debates on this forum is that I don't get the sense that there is a single one of his staunch defenders on here who would actually vote for him in a general election, but of course winning elections doesn't matter does it?  As long as amiable, humble, saintly old Jeremy can keep posing questions in Parliament on behalf of Sonia from Sc..thorpe and Pete from Peterbrough then that is just as effective as governing the country, isn't it?

You do understand that he only people who can vote for Corbyn in a general election are his constituents, don't you?

The way our 'democracy' works is that a few marginal constituencies decide who governs. There are 'safe seats' where the voters would vote in a chimp if it wore the right colour rosette. 
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #674 on: August 22, 2016, 07:44:22 AM »
You do understand that he only people who can vote for Corbyn in a general election are his constituents, don't you?

The way our 'democracy' works is that a few marginal constituencies decide who governs. There are 'safe seats' where the voters would vote in a chimp if it wore the right colour rosette.
You patronizing tone has been noted.  In return I take it you understand the meanng of the word "would", and the hypothetical nature of my question?  Maybe not...