Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81051 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »
As cruel as being an ex-policeman wedded to the idea that Madeleine is dead?

It would appear OG think so too or why bring the dogs in ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 06:27:08 PM »
You would say that wouldn't you lol.....

because he doesn't believe maddie is alive...he is only saying what he thinks....

I’m not sure why. VS himself has said he thinks Madeleine is dead.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:29:11 PM by Eleanor »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2018, 06:30:33 PM »

I will be Deleting In Full any comments containing Goading or Insults.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 07:07:42 PM »
It would appear OG think so too or why bring the dogs in ?
Do you understand the difference between “wedded to an idea” and “investigating all possibilities “?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2018, 07:17:05 PM »
I’m not sure why. VS himself has said he thinks Madeleine is dead.
What I think or you think or some bloke on the Sunday Express or even Dave Edgar thinks is immaterial to whether or not Madeleine is alive or not, that said writing her off as dead is less helpful than holding on to the possibility (however remote) that she may be alive.  Ben Needham’s family were convinced he was still alive, did they or those looking for him get it in the neck for holding on to that possibility?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2018, 09:05:14 PM »
What I think or you think or some bloke on the Sunday Express or even Dave Edgar thinks is immaterial to whether or not Madeleine is alive or not, that said writing her off as dead is less helpful than holding on to the possibility (however remote) that she may be alive.  Ben Needham’s family were convinced he was still alive, did they or those looking for him get it in the neck for holding on to that possibility?

How is it helpful to suggest, without any evidence, that Madeleine's alive? 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »
Who would deny the right of the parents of a missing child to hope for the best as far as their child is concerned ... and who would be happier promoting that a missing child was dead rather than keeping an open mind and hoping that the investigation into her disappearance has a positive conclusion?

In my opinion if quoted correctly, Martin Townsend may disagree with David Edgar's assessment of the situation regarding Madeleine while seeing the logic in what had been a definite line if inquiry and showing a great deal of respect for Kate and Gerry

What a shame only the negativity made the headline.

Snip
Townsend told Channel Nine there was "some sort of logic" to Edgar's theory, which arose from a potential line of inquiry a paedophile gang stole Maddie.

"The window of opportunity to abduct [Madeleine] was so small that the operation to take her from that holiday apartment must have been very well thought through," Townsend said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Townsend said Mr and Mrs McCann have come under "tremendous pressure" and the search for Madeleine had taken an enormous toll on the pair.

"They are still absolutely committed to finding their daughter," Townsend said.

"They have never given up hope … both parents think she is in Portugal somewhere, and hopefully still alive."

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10243.msg493819#msg493819
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2018, 09:24:14 PM »
Who would deny the right of the parents of a missing child to hope for the best as far as their child is concerned ... and who would be happier promoting that a missing child was dead rather than keeping an open mind and hoping that the investigation into her disappearance has a positive conclusion?

In my opinion if quoted correctly, Martin Townsend may disagree with David Edgar's assessment of the situation regarding Madeleine while seeing the logic in what had been a definite line if inquiry and showing a great deal of respect for Kate and Gerry

What a shame only the negativity made the headline.

Snip
Townsend told Channel Nine there was "some sort of logic" to Edgar's theory, which arose from a potential line of inquiry a paedophile gang stole Maddie.

"The window of opportunity to abduct [Madeleine] was so small that the operation to take her from that holiday apartment must have been very well thought through," Townsend said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Townsend said Mr and Mrs McCann have come under "tremendous pressure" and the search for Madeleine had taken an enormous toll on the pair.

"They are still absolutely committed to finding their daughter," Townsend said.

"They have never given up hope … both parents think she is in Portugal somewhere, and hopefully still alive."

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10243.msg493819#msg493819

I imagine it's normal for parents to keep hoping. What isn't is for so-called professional people to encourage that hope.

I wonder when the McCanns decided Madeleine was still in Portugal? In the beginning they emphasised the need to close Portugal's borders, pointed out the proximity of Morocco and asked people in the UK to look for her. What changed>
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2018, 09:48:32 PM »
How is it helpful to suggest, without any evidence, that Madeleine's alive?
Because it keeps the possibility on the table, that there is a living child in need of rescue.  If Madeleine actually IS alive don’t you think that’s helpful?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2018, 09:52:46 PM »
I imagine it's normal for parents to keep hoping. What isn't is for so-called professional people to encourage that hope.

I wonder when the McCanns decided Madeleine was still in Portugal? In the beginning they emphasised the need to close Portugal's borders, pointed out the proximity of Morocco and asked people in the UK to look for her. What changed>
Are you saying it’s abnormal for professional people to keep the possibility that a missing person is still alive, in the absence of evidence to the contrary?  Why bother with missing people appeals at all then, if they’re all probably dead anyway?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2018, 10:04:08 PM »

IMO it is an occasion where most people’s views are equally valid as there is little hard evidence one way or the other.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2018, 11:40:21 PM »

In my opinion that says it all......

judging by the public reaction .... I believe that is there thought to...

snip
Appearing on Channel Nine's TODAY, Townsend was asked if there was any evidence which backed up Edgar's belief. "No, none whatsoever," he replied.
And WHO is Townsend?   Just a retired newspaper editor.

Does he know what SY know?

However I tend to agree with him about Dave Edgar. 
I find him a very sincere man, but rather unimaginative, as far as I am aware.  I wonder if possibly having set his mind to the fact that Madeleine is still in the Luz area, he is finding it difficult to take other approaches to the search ?

All in my honest opinion and only based upon what I have seen of him.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2018, 07:16:57 AM »
Because it keeps the possibility on the table, that there is a living child in need of rescue.  If Madeleine actually IS alive don’t you think that’s helpful?

If keeps it in the media, but who believes what the media say? As for Edgar, he had his chance to be taken seriously and blew it with his Victoria Beckham debacle.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2018, 07:21:20 AM »
Are you saying it’s abnormal for professional people to keep the possibility that a missing person is still alive, in the absence of evidence to the contrary?  Why bother with missing people appeals at all then, if they’re all probably dead anyway?

It's one thing to allow for a possibility and another to broadcast unfounded beliefs about locations.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »
It's one thing to allow for a possibility and another to broadcast unfounded beliefs about locations.
Who did that?