Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
7 (36.8%)
Yes - but with admin/mod supervision
8 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 15, 2012, 02:47:36 PM

Author Topic: Poll - Guest posting?  (Read 10122 times)

Offline John

Poll - Guest posting?
« on: November 10, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »
I personally believe that guest posting is an important part of any open and free forum.   We had this facility from the outset but it was suspended because of the actions of a couple of individuals, those same trouble makers who are now allowed to post on the blue forum.

Should we really allow the actions of a few to spoil it for everyone else?   >@@(*&)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:03:46 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Andrea

Re: Guest posting?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
If we let guests post here again, we will have Preec etc, coming here and posting her usual vitriol against all and sundry, and those who dont hero worship a child killer, i vote NO.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
If we let guests post here again, we will have Preece etc, coming here and posting her usual vitriol against all and sundry, and those who dont hero worship a child killer, i vote NO.

I agree, we certainly wouldn't want to encourage the troll brigade back again. We will see what the rest think and take it from there.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 08:03:29 PM »
We have functioned fine without guests, imo.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
If we let guests post here again, we will have Preec etc, coming here and posting her usual vitriol against all and sundry, and those who dont hero worship a child killer, i vote NO.

I have voted NO for the exact same reason.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »

AA, we dont need guests, if people want to post here, they should register.

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »
Trolls Preece and Hall IMO ruin the idea of Guest posting.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »
Totally agree........

What has happened to Joanne?

Where is Joanne?

Offline Andrea

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM »
Totally agree........

Where is Joanne?

I was just thinking that! And listening to The Beatles!

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
Totally agree........

Where is Joanne?

Constructive criticism of those on the blue forum will continue and to that end I would hope to see guest posting brought back at the earliest opportunity.

Then I'm no longer willing to be part of this on both counts. I've had enough, I think it's no longer practical to be a member of both forums and I'd prefer to be on the blue forum.

Joanne prefers to be on the blue forum so no surprises there.   We wish her well, she'll need it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:18:50 PM by John »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 10:20:11 PM »
Totally agree........

Where is Joanne?

Constructive criticism of those on the blue forum will continue and to that end I would hope to see guest posting brought back at the earliest opportunity.

Then I'm no longer willing to be part of this on both counts. I've had enough, I think it's no longer practical to be a member of both forums and I'd prefer to be on the blue forum.

Joanne prefers to be on the blue forum so no surprises there.   We wish her well, she'll need it.

It is crystal clear that she really doesn't understand what they are all about but she will find it out the hard way once they disagree with her.  Been there...worn the t-shirt.   @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline puglove

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
Totally agree........

Where is Joanne?

That's a shame. Andy manages to be on both.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline puglove

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »

You're absolutely right, Andy, if someone wants to make a point on here, they should join as a member. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't be here all hours, deleting libel and filth, which is all we'll get if we reintroduce guest posting.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 10:47:35 PM »

You're absolutely right, Andy, if someone wants to make a point on here, they should join as a member. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't be here all hours, deleting libel and filth, which is all we'll get if we reintroduce guest posting.

A very valid point Shona, most members just don't realise how many repetitive posts SH and her pals have made which had to be deleted.   I am sure you will back me up when I say that Hall posted the same vile abuse some twenty times in succession one night in an attempt to disrupt while Craige is also renowned for posting repetitive crap across the boards if given the chance.

Those two individuals proclaim that they are seeking justice for a miscarriage yet that is the way they conduct themselves on a public forum.  I believe both of them should be banned for life from using the internet.

There is a way to allow it but with admin/mod supervision but it would have to be tightly controlled, worth a trial at least I would have thought.  I have added another option to the poll if that helps.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:49:41 PM by John »

Offline Andrea

Re: Poll - Guest posting?
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »

Well said, Shona, couldnt agree more!