Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 243097 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #1005 on: January 06, 2020, 10:26:28 PM »
Oh god she’s awful.  I watched her in a tv debate and she was such a gobshite I was throwing cushions at the screen.

TBF if being a gobshite ruled you out of being a political leader then Johnson wouldn’t be PM.

I see hiding in a fridge and from Andrew Neil isn’t enough humiliation for one leader or party and CO is now refusing to have their ministers interviewed on Newsnight as their new editor Lewis Goodall is ‘too left-wing’.  @)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1006 on: January 06, 2020, 10:56:03 PM »
TBF if being a gobshite ruled you out of being a political leader then Johnson wouldn’t be PM.

I see hiding in a fridge and from Andrew Neil isn’t enough humiliation for one leader or party and CO is now refusing to have their ministers interviewed on Newsnight as their new editor Lewis Goodall is ‘too left-wing’.  @)(++(*
TBF, an actual fridge would have won the election versus Corbyn’s Labour.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1007 on: January 07, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »
TBF, an actual fridge would have won the election versus Corbyn’s Labour.

I think it’s time to move on now Alfie and address the real danger to our country. Corbyn is, as you say, yesterday’s man so perhaps best to let go of that visceral hatred and focus on something more calming to you mental state.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1008 on: January 07, 2020, 05:19:20 PM »
I think it’s time to move on now Alfie and address the real danger to our country. Corbyn is, as you say, yesterday’s man so perhaps best to let go of that visceral hatred and focus on something more calming to you mental state.
@)(++(* you are funny.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1009 on: January 07, 2020, 05:24:37 PM »
I see Ian Lavery has sensibly decided not to stand and has thrown his weight behind Wrong-Daily.  I hope the Labour Party takes heed of Einstein’s definition of insanity and don’t elect Corbyn in a skirt as their next leader.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:53:06 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1010 on: January 07, 2020, 06:28:13 PM »
I see Ian Lavery has sensibly decided not to stand and has thrown his weight behind Wrong-Daily.  I hope the Labour Party takes heed of Einstein’s definition of insanity and don’t elect Corbyn in a skirt as their next leader.

YAWN !

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1011 on: January 07, 2020, 06:37:11 PM »
YAWN !
It’s early to bed for you this evening, young lady.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1012 on: January 09, 2020, 06:45:37 PM »
Philip Collins in today’s Times -
“Frankly, anyone who ever thought Jeremy Corbyn would be prime minister doesn’t know what they are doing. The mysterious one-off election of 2017 blinded the Labour left into the belief that all the rules of British politics had been repealed and that it was now possible to win from the left. They haven’t and it is not; the Labour Party never wins when the left is in control.

In fact, the Labour Party does not win very often no matter who is in control. Since 1979 there have been 28 years of Tory government, which will stretch to 32 by 2024, and only 13 years of Labour, all of which were won by Tony Blair, the unperson. By 2024 Labour will have been out of power for 14 years.

In peace-time Labour has only found, in Harold Wilson and Tony Blair, two winners. Since 1945 Labour has had 11 leaders, of whom three have won elections (Attlee, Wilson and Blair). Attlee and Wilson also lost elections and so join the seven other losers (Gaitskell, Callaghan, Foot, Kinnock, Brown, Miliband and Corbyn) in Labour’s roll call of failure.

The only two who were unbowed were John Smith, who died before fighting an election, and Tony Blair. Of the 13 leaders of the Tory party since 1945, only three have not become prime minister. They were William Hague, Iain Duncan Smith and Michael Howard, all seen off by Blair.”

This is why choosing RLB would be an idiotic thing to do, unless Labour really is content to sit in opposition for the next 10 years.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1013 on: January 11, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1014 on: January 11, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »
A man of true integrity.

https://www.facebook.com/stopthewarcoalition/videos/686089401795492/
An idealist, and one to whom no one is listening (apart from his fanclub). 

Offline faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1016 on: January 11, 2020, 06:00:50 PM »
An idealist, and one to whom no one is listening (apart from his fanclub).

Fan club? I haven’t used that insult since I was a teenager  @)(++(*

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1017 on: January 11, 2020, 06:21:50 PM »
Fan club? I haven’t used that insult since I was a teenager  @)(++(*
Have you been waiting all afternoon for me to respond?  Bless you.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1018 on: January 11, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »
Have you been waiting all afternoon for me to respond?  Bless you.

Whatever makes you think that ? It was you who answered my post.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1019 on: January 11, 2020, 06:49:44 PM »
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opinion/media-smear-cost-labour-the-election-mcdonnell-is-right-to-point-that-out/15/12/#.XhnnICs8RMw.facebook
Cry, cry, blame everyone and everything else for their defeat except themselves.
How did Boris manage to win?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/bbc-bias-election-complaints-conservatives-labour-media-boris-johnson-corbyn-a9265466.html
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/media-bias-may-be-boris-johnsons-biggest-adversary/
I dislike Boris and didn’t vote for him, however I have to say the bias (ok, let’s call it what it was - hatred)  against him on Social Media (and Jo Swinson)  and the uncritical love for Jeremy was virtually all-consuming and quite nauseating by the time of the election.  It got to the point where I came close to de-friending and unfollowing the majority of people I follow, so I think Jeremy had a bit of an advantage there.  The question is, which is more persuasive these days in swinging voter opinion?  The Daily Wail or Twitter and Facebook?