Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 243094 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #1200 on: February 02, 2020, 04:48:51 PM »

There are reams of columns dedicated to Johnson’s indecision over who to back in the Brexit debate. He plumped for Leave as it was best for his own private advancement. To his credit he read the British public much better than Cameron, or even Corbyn.

During the election he played the ‘little Englander’ card to perfection, widening an already huge fissure in the population, a fissure I fear that may never be healed.
How about some IMOs in there?  No facts, just opinion as far as I can see.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1201 on: February 02, 2020, 04:51:25 PM »
But still the lies persist.
But that is not down to the media, that is down to the mendacious little shits that hang about on twitter and elsewhere who know that what they are spreading is lies but who persist in doing it anyway.  These incidentally a people that I have never once seen you condemn publicly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1202 on: February 02, 2020, 04:56:02 PM »
But that is not down to the media, that is down to the mendacious little shits that hang about on twitter and elsewhere who know that what they are spreading is lies but who persist in doing it anyway.  These incidentally a people that I have never once seen you condemn publicly.

Of course I condemn unconditionally anyone who lies about anyone in the MSM or on social media. The truth is a much sharper weapon.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1203 on: February 02, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »
Of course I condemn unconditionally anyone who lies about anyone in the MSM or on social media. The truth is a much sharper weapon.
You sound just like JC.  The problem is, I used to post on the #mccann tag, same as you, challenging the lies as they appeared on there, strangely I never saw you do the same.   JC only ever condemns in the loosest possible sense and only when challenged to too.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1204 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:19 PM »
You sound just like JC.  The problem is, I used to post on the #mccann tag, same as you, challenging the lies as they appeared on there, strangely I never saw you do the same.   JC only ever condemns in the loosest possible sense and only when challenged to too.

I have no idea who you are on Twitter and I have never publicised my true identity on any social media.....and you say that you aren’t stalking me....jeez that’s just odd.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1205 on: February 02, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »
I have no idea who you are on Twitter and I have never publicised my true identity on any social media.....and you say that you aren’t stalking me....jeez that’s just odd.
I’m not stalking you, I just happen to know who you are on twitter, nothing to do with stalking.  I am not on twitter anymore fyi.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1206 on: February 02, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »
I’m not stalking you, I just happen to know who you are on twitter, nothing to do with stalking.  I am not on twitter anymore fyi.

How do you know who I am on Twitter?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1207 on: February 02, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »
How do you know who I am on Twitter?
Someone told me I think. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1208 on: February 02, 2020, 06:02:17 PM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1209 on: February 02, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »
No one knows.
Anyone perceptive and observant who has followed this case for a long time can quite often work out who is who  on different social media.  There’s nothing sinister about it - we give ourselves away in many obvious ways.  Don’t fret about it. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1210 on: February 02, 2020, 06:19:29 PM »
Anyone perceptive and observant who has followed this case for a long time can quite often work out who is who  on different social media.  There’s nothing sinister about it - we give ourselves away in many obvious ways.  Don’t fret about it.

So no one told you...you ‘worked out it’ ? Do you accept that you could be wrong ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1211 on: February 02, 2020, 06:42:46 PM »
So no one told you...you ‘worked out it’ ? Do you accept that you could be wrong ?
I honestly can’t remember if someone pointed it out or if I worked it out for myself, however I’m pretty certain I’m not wrong.   

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1212 on: February 02, 2020, 06:49:33 PM »
I honestly can’t remember if someone pointed it out or if I worked it out for myself, however I’m pretty certain I’m not wrong.

You say that I have never condemned anyone who was dishonest about the McCanns on Twitter yet you have simply guessed who I am. Not exactly scientific, is it ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1213 on: February 02, 2020, 06:51:55 PM »
From Shahrar Ali of the Green Party.

NEWS EXCLUSIVE: 1 FEBRUARY 2020

CAMPAIGN AGAINST [ censored word]EMITISM UNDER INVESTIGATION BY CHARITIES COMMISSION FOLLOWING RAISING CONCERNS REFERRAL BY GREEN PARTY HOME AFFAIRS SPOKESPERSON

Shahrar Ali Green Party Home affairs spokesperson today confirmed that the Charities Commission is investigating the Campaign Against [ censored word]emitism (registered charity 1163790) following a six-page “Raising Concerns” Referral by him on 7 Jan 2020.

The focus of Dr Ali’s submission has been the CAA’s sustained attacks upon politicians during the general election 2019. In particular, he argued that Joe Glasman, CAA Head of Political Investigations, breached statutory charity regulations in a video of 25 Dec 2019 in which he described Corbyn as “The beast is slain,” alongside the caption, “Slaughtered!”.

The specific clauses in which Dr Ali argues the charity has been in breach of the Commission’s regulations are:

• Serious non-compliance in a charity that damages or has the potential to damage its reputation and/or the reputation of charities generally

• Material must be factually accurate and have a legitimate evidence base.

• Once an election has been called, charities that are campaigning will need to take special care to ensure their political neutrality. … A charity must never indicate to its supporters which candidate to support in an election. ... During an election period, the need for impartiality and balance is intensified, and charities must take particular care when undertaking any activities in the political arena.

• The independent nature of the charitable sector is of fundamental importance to society, and is greatly valued by the public. The guiding principle of charity law in terms of elections is that charities must be, and be seen to be, independent from party politics. Charities must not support or oppose a political party or candidate.

Shahrar Ali said, “Joe Glasman’s Christmas diatribe against Corbyn, in which he took organisational credit for frustrating his election victory, and referred to him as “beast is slain” was unconscionable. This in itself was also overt negative campaigning against a party political candidate and bringing the charitable sector into disrepute. Glasman’s statements also provide us with a strong example of the kind of unjust demonization of political figures which has no place in our political culture and is dangerous both to the target being attacked and the fight against racism itself.”

Dr Ali continued, “This is not the kind of misconduct that a registered charity should be engaging in, with impunity. We must clean up our political culture and these kind of negative campaigns must be rooted out, exposed and combatted. That is why I am pleased to report that the Charities Commission is treating my referral with the seriousness it deserves. They have confirmed that following initial assessment the matter has been escalated for further investigation. I have no doubt that the CAA should be deregistered as a charity and prevented from enjoying the unjust credibility which such status currently affords them and some seem to be hoodwinked by.”

Dr Ali said, “Having recently been cleared by the Green Party Disciplinary Committee of baseless allegations from the CAA which were turned into an official complaint by a prominent member of the Party, I would expect us to take a different approach towards this disreputable organisation, not only while the Charities Commission is investigating them for breach of charity law.”

ENDS.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1214 on: February 02, 2020, 07:08:51 PM »
You say that I have never condemned anyone who was dishonest about the McCanns on Twitter yet you have simply guessed who I am. Not exactly scientific, is it ?
What’s science got to do with it?  I can only go on my own observations and from what I recall you never once condemned the blatant anti McCann propaganda, indeed you seemed quite chummy with some of the main protagonists at the time as I recall.  You will of course deny but we both know the truth of it.