Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 597969 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #3225 on: January 28, 2019, 04:05:27 PM »
Transcript of Press Conference with Detective Chief Inspector and Parents...

Missing woman Joanna Yeates: press conference with Detective Chief Inspector and parents
( This is the first 2 minutes of the 8minute interview)

Reporter: At What point did you

(someone directs The Yeates  to hold the photograph of Joanna Yeates up)(cameras clicking)

Reporter: You're doing very well (more clicking of cameras taking photo's)

Reporter: Em.. You mentioned there that Greg tried to get in touch with her  (When? by this point nope) it was a long time between the Friday when we think she went Missing to the Sunday when that was reported to Police, at what point did you start to worry and what was going through your mind at that time..

David Yeates: We only became aware that, .. Greg.. Jo, Jo wasn't thee.. (licks lips) she didn't always answer her phone in a timely manor,and lets put it that way. Greg thought it was strange, that he ,she didn't respond to (mum or my) at least that is what he told me.
Erm, it was a bit

Teresa Yeates: It  was consistent with what

David Yeates: It wasn't totally out of character,the concern was raised when, Greg had got back home... And... After waiting a couple of hours, there was no sign of jo..... And .... Then Jo, then Greg, found the things she would have carried with her, and he became incredibly concerned.. and then he phoned us, and we talked to her very briefly,and erm, then he phoned the Police, I'm not sure at what time I think it was about half past eight, I'm not sure what time he phoned us.. everything happened...

Tereas Yeates: About Midnight, When you get a call at midnight

David Yeates: Everything was a blur, we, we immediately decided we have to come down, because something was definitely wrong, and erm,and we knew Jo wouldn't take off by herself, she's never done it before, she's always had her own space, and er... It isn't her.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/missing-woman-joanna-yeates-press-conference-with-news-footage/691676342
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I have assumed that it is a REPORTER asking the questions, because the source is ITN...  I Was trying to Fathom out
where the Detective Chief Inspector was in this 8:00 minute interview...

Firstly I wondered if one of the Yeates, where a DCI? Then I wondered whether or not it was not a REPORTER doing the Interview, but it was actually the DETECTIVE CHIEF INSPECTOR doing the Interview, just like Rebecca Scotts Interview....

Greg thought it was strange, that he ,she didn't respond to (mum or my)

How does one interpret that statement? "MUM"... who's MUM?? Or Was it "MY"??

David Yeates: It wasn't totally out of character,the concern was raised when, Greg had got back home... And... After waiting a couple of hours, there was no sign of Jo..... And .... Then Jo, then Greg, found the things she would have carried with her, and he became incredibly concerned.. and then he phoned us, and we talked to her very briefly,and erm, then he phoned the Police, I'm not sure at what time I think it was about half past eight, I'm not sure what time he phoned us.. everything happened...

We have 3 timelines to consider at this point....

* Then he phoned us

* Then he phoned the Police (8:30)

And not forgetting that it was Joanna Yeates phone ringing in her pocket at 9:00pm, that first alerted Greg to the seriousness of the situation.(according to Ann Reddrop in the program)

The only call that anyone had been made aware that occurred at 8:30 was the call to Rebecca Scott..  Is that whom Greg called?? Is Rebecca Scott part of the Police??

Why would Greg ring the Police before Joanna Yeates phone apparently rang in her coat pocket at 9:00pm? well I say 9:00pm, was it 9:00am??

Reporter: Em.. You mentioned there that Greg tried to get in touch with her  (When? by this point nope)

I made the comment in brackets because of the interview and when it actually starts... How long was the original interview? I say this because David Yeates hasn't mentioned Greg until part way through the interview... So is there another interview/tape of David Yeates saying that Greg tried to get in touch with them??

she didn't always answer her phone in a timely manor,and lets put it that way. Greg thought it was strange, that he ,she didn't respond to (mum or my) at least that is what he told me.
Erm, it was a bit

Mum or my?? either way it raises questions...... Why would it be strange that she didn't respond??  And what is a timely manor??

Listening to David Yeates and wondering if he said "MUM" I started to wonder whether it was Greg who was Joanna Yeates brother...

Teresa doesn't respond when he states this... And if recollection serves me correctly, Greg Readon apparently called his own mother: Here's a quote from around the time.....

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8239.msg443416#msg443416

she didn't always answer her phone in a timely manor,and lets put it that way. Greg thought it was strange, that he ,she didn't respond to (mum or my) at least that is what he told me.
Erm, it was a bit

So does David Yeates mean "MUM"or "MY"??  If mum then I suggest that Greg Reardon and Joanna Yeates were brother and sister.....

If MY........
Then as early as 8:30pm David and Teresa Yeates must have been made aware, that sometime was amiss... Or at the very least they had tried several times to contact Joanna Yeates before Greg Reardon had called them about his concerns... So why is Teresa Yeates jumping in to say "It was consistent with what".....??

So what of Ann Reddrop?? what of her interview...(on Killers program at 10:15 mins of video.. ) where she states that it was Joanna Yeates phone ringing in her pocket and that was the start of his nightmare.. ?

I am using this quote to determine the time as 9:00pm

https://web.archive.org/web/20140906044940/http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Vincent-Tabak-killed-Joanna-Yeates/story-13588955-detail/story.html

We have Ann telling us that it was the ringing of the phone, (on Video) and a report in The Bristol Post telling us the time...

So who was rung at 8:30?? was it AM or PM??

Was it MUM or MY... Where Joanna Yeates and Greg Reardon related??

If video evidence of interviews gives us confirmed statements of the people in said video's, we have one side of a story.... So where is there any video evidence from Greg Reardon making statements of any kind as to what took place at this critical time...

On the forum someone stated that the video of Greg speaking had been taken down.. Now I don't remember seeing it... there is only a clip of Greg crying and not speaking, so I do not know for a fact if he ever actually made said spoken interview to camera...

So we are left with the people we see now who make contradictory spoken statements....
The media are the ones who have identified said individuals as whom they are... I do not know for a fact that the man we see at trial or on Longwood lane is in fact Greg Reardon...

If I can find so many inconsistencies with these recorded statements/interviews then why hasn't it been challenged...

If I can suggest that it was possible that Dr Vincent Tabak was actually connected to the Balloon event, and he was responsible for the outcome and possible Manslaughter of said Balloonists, even suggesting it could be the reason he was at The Old Bailey at court room 2... A court room for special cases including terrorism.. etc... under a different case number than the one he was on trial with....

Then why do we accept that he was responsible and he MURDERED Joanna Yeates... when a confession to this act was accepted without query as to whether it was factual??

Where there is no video evidence supporting any statements that Dr Vincent Tabak may have made??

Brothertons statement is hearsay... Yet it is accepted.. nothing supports the events he speaks of....

I don't understand this case.... Its wrong.... But we have been told otherwise, yet I do not believe it.... Based on what is available on-line to view... video's reports, programs made with the relevant people etc... It isn't possible..

The TIMINGS that DCI Phil Jones speaks of , simply do not add up!!... (imo)

It will always be a case that makes no sense , until all of the people who we know  or are relevant make videoed statements...

And.. How do we know for a fact that the people identified by the media are in fact the people we know as stated said people including The Yeates .. are indeed these people??

* Greg Reardon

* Frank Reardon

* Emma Brookes

* Brotherton

* Mrs Reardon

* Tanja Morson

The above have not been videoed as far as I am aware...

http://steelmagnolia-gossips.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/greg-reardon-phoned-his-own-mother-on.html

So at this point in time we only know what the people who are identified as said people... state on video as their recorded statements we can view.......

If there are no other people appearing at trial or making said statements that are recorded, then how have we just accepted what Dr Vincent Tabaks versions of events are?? when any of us could have put that tale together from what had been made available in the media at the time......

There is no doubt about it - he said MUM!

Offline [...]

« Reply #3226 on: January 28, 2019, 05:53:19 PM »
There is no doubt about it - he said MUM!

Thanks for your opinion on that Caroline, I had someone else listen to it and they said the same... But it is NOT clear to me....

But if we stay with him saying MUM... Does that mean that Teresa Yeates is not her birth mother? And that Greg Reardon and Joanna Yeates were related..ie Brother and Sister?

Then Jo, then Greg, found the things she would have carried with her, and he became incredibly concerned.. and then he phoned us, and we talked to her very briefly,and erm, then he phoned the Police, I'm not sure at what time I think it was about half past eight, I'm not sure what time he phoned us.. everything happened...

That statement makes me think they were talking about someone else who was Missing....  He first states Jo.. then Greg...... Odd!

David Yeates: We only became aware that, .. Greg.. Jo, Jo wasn't thee.. (licks lips) she didn't always answer her phone in a timely manor,and lets put it that way. Greg thought it was strange, that he ,she didn't respond to (mum or my) at least that is what he told me.
Erm, it was a bit

So why should Joanna Yeates respond to Mrs Reardon?? Why a timely manor?? 

Who is Mrs Reardon??

There are many scenario's one could make from that statement that David Yeates makes to camera, many conclusions one could reach....

For instance if a young girl had run away from home, and her parents wanted her back and she didn't respond to a text or phone call in a timely manor, then telling said young girl that the Police would be informed because she had left without consent... (to stay with friends perhaps).... And if she hadn't returned said call or messaged, they would report her as Missing... It may make the young girl contact someone immediately, whether she returned or not is another matter....

Therefore what does David Yeates mean??  What is a timely manor for a 25 year old woman??

And who is Joanna Yeates birth mum?? or should I say... who is Greg Reardon's father??

Offline Myster

« Reply #3227 on: January 28, 2019, 06:08:23 PM »
Thanks for your opinion on that Caroline, I had someone else listen to it and they said the same... But it is NOT clear to me....

But if we stay with him saying MUM... Does that mean that Teresa Yeates is not her birth mother? And that Greg Reardon and Joanna Yeates were related..ie Brother and Sister?

That statement makes me think they were talking about someone else who was Missing....  He first states Jo.. then Greg...... Odd!

Who is Mrs Reardon??

There are many scenario's one could make from that statement that David Yeates makes to camera, many conclusions one could reach....

For instance if a young girl had run away from home, and her parents wanted her back and she didn't respond to a text or phone call in a timely manor, then telling said young girl that the Police would be informed because she had left without consent... (to stay with friends perhaps).... And if she hadn't returned said call or messaged, they would report her as Missing... It may make the young girl contact someone immediately, whether she returned or not is another matter....

Therefore what does David Yeates mean??  What is a timely manor for a 25 year old woman??

And who is Joanna Yeates birth mum?? or should I say... who is Greg Reardon's father??

No, no, no, no, no, no... ad infinitum!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #3228 on: January 28, 2019, 06:09:07 PM »
And it's manner, not manor.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3230 on: January 28, 2019, 06:46:35 PM »

Who is Mrs Reardon??

Nothing is clear to you. It's like you WANT this to me a mystery when it isn't!

I have no idea how you have come to THIS conclusion?
"But if we stay with him saying MUM... Does that mean that Teresa Yeates is not her birth mother? And that Greg Reardon and Joanna Yeates were related..ie Brother and Sister?"

You are taking things literally that's your problem!

Greg Readon told her parents that he thought it unusual that she didn't respond to her moth (TY's) calls.

He isn't talking about Mrs Readon! He's talking about TY!

There are indeed many conclusions YOU could come to and frequently do ....... BUT there is only one meaning, not many!

I guess a timely manor is one where you answer it when you hear the call and JY's mother is TY.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:22:30 PM by Caroline »

Offline puglove

« Reply #3231 on: January 28, 2019, 07:20:22 PM »

"But if we stay with him saying MUM... Does that mean that Teresa Yeates is not her birth mother? And that Greg Reardon and Joanna Yeates were related..ie Brother and Sister?"

You are taking things literally that that's your problem!

Greg Readon told her parents that he thought it unusual that she didn't respond to her moth (TY's) calls.

There are indeed many conclusions YOU could come to and frequently do ....... BUT there is only one meaning, not many!

I guess a timely manor is one where you answer it when you hear the call and JY's mother is TY.

I wish "Timely Manor" was a loony bin. With a vacancy.       &%54%
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline [...]

« Reply #3232 on: January 28, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »

You are taking things literally that that's your problem!

Yes.. I do take things literally... Maybe that is my problem...

Ok be happy to accept things as they stand... Pointless me commenting on anything really.... And AH suggestion of a serial killer and the Polices suggestion of a serial killer , or should I say media, may as well be ignored...

But... If the idea that a serial killer had been around from the 70's or before, there was a case I remember that happened in the 70's, which someone served a sentence for....

But because Policing is very different now and I question events more than I did, I have started thinking about this case...  We have at the time Jack the Ripper roaming about, and even though the public are under the impression he was only interested in prostitutes, the acts on surviving victims have since become known....

Young girls and woman were afraid to go out after dark, so the murder of this young girl at that time was shocking... But it was put down to some young lad wanting to go out with her and she had said no... so he attacked her... if memory serves me correctly.... We are talking 40 years ago...

So the story was the Police turn up at her house looking for her mother and dad/mothers boyfriend... The police either send her to the pub to get her mother or she leaves the house to go get her mother... I think it was about 10:00 O'clock at night.. she takes a short cut...
And then, I cannot remember if it was the next day or later her body is found, and her head had been bashed in... If memory serves me right....

I was trying to find out the reports that may be on-line, but I can't find any now... And I am sure I had seen some not too long ago....

A friend of her sister told me that she left the house herself, but the reports in the paper at the time I thought were that the police had sent her to get her mother.... But don't quote this as fact.... The friend of her sister says she went to one pub... But the report in the papers had stated a different pub about a mile in the opposite direction...

But either way I was wondering why on earth this 17 yr old girl was walking about at night on her own when the police knew the dangers... And the young man whom was jailed for this crime was shall we say..... described as different...

No young female at that time would walk alone at night... they would be in groups as young girls...

Then when looking for something on this case I found this PDF....

Our ref: 1022/15
Please could you provide me with details of both Murders and Physical Assaults of / on
Females aged Fifteen years and over between January 1969 and December 1985 within the
West Yorkshire Police boundaries (cases both solved and unsolved). I'm particularly
interested in name (where permissible) and age of victim, details, date and location of
incident.
Please find attached information in respect of murders between January 1969 and
December 1985 which specifically related to females whom were aged fifteen and over at
the time of the offence. Please note that we hold no information in relation to physical
assaults during this period. Please note that the location is not recorded on the spreadsheet,
to establish the location would involve a manual search of the paperwork and as such would
render the request overcost.
West Yorkshire Police have a dedicated Department who are responsible for investigating
Major and Serious Crime types across the county. This means that West Yorkshire Police
can provide resource capacity and expertise in support of Territorial Districts to deliver an
integrated, high level investigative service for the most serious of crimes including murder.

https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/sites/default/files/files/building-projects/foi_1022-15_historic_murders_of_females.pdf

Which makes me query even more what happened to this young girl.... especially this part: (cases both solved and unsolved)

So taking things literally helps sometimes... It means I therefore ignore the emotion and ask questions that some may deem inappropriate... that s all...

Edit... And another reason that ringing of bells spring to mind with cases.... Or coincidences shall we say... As I am thinking about this case of the young girl, I know her sister name was the same as Marcels ex wife... There's coincidence for you... well for me anyway... just rings a bell of interest... thats all...

Offline [...]

« Reply #3233 on: January 28, 2019, 08:44:38 PM »
Went to the website to see this FOI request:  The name of of young woman is spelt incorrectly.... Her name was Zabrocki... (could by spelt with a "Y" and not an "I") not Zabrock.... And her name was Iris....

Iris Zabrocky.....

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/murders_and_assaults_of_women_in#incoming-701228

https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/sites/default/files/files/building-projects/foi_1022-15_historic_murders_of_females.pdf

I wonder why this person asked for this information??

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3234 on: January 28, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
Yes.. I do take things literally... Maybe that is my problem...

Ok be happy to accept things as they stand... Pointless me commenting on anything really.... And AH suggestion of a serial killer and the Polices suggestion of a serial killer , or should I say media, may as well be ignored...

But... If the idea that a serial killer had been around from the 70's or before, there was a case I remember that happened in the 70's, which someone served a sentence for....

But because Policing is very different now and I question events more than I did, I have started thinking about this case...  We have at the time Jack the Ripper roaming about, and even though the public are under the impression he was only interested in prostitutes, the acts on surviving victims have since become known....

Young girls and woman were afraid to go out after dark, so the murder of this young girl at that time was shocking... But it was put down to some young lad wanting to go out with her and she had said no... so he attacked her... if memory serves me correctly.... We are talking 40 years ago...

So the story was the Police turn up at her house looking for her mother and dad/mothers boyfriend... The police either send her to the pub to get her mother or she leaves the house to go get her mother... I think it was about 10:00 O'clock at night.. she takes a short cut...
And then, I cannot remember if it was the next day or later her body is found, and her head had been bashed in... If memory serves me right....

I was trying to find out the reports that may be on-line, but I can't find any now... And I am sure I had seen some not too long ago....

A friend of her sister told me that she left the house herself, but the reports in the paper at the time I thought were that the police had sent her to get her mother.... But don't quote this as fact.... The friend of her sister says she went to one pub... But the report in the papers had stated a different pub about a mile in the opposite direction...

But either way I was wondering why on earth this 17 yr old girl was walking about at night on her own when the police knew the dangers... And the young man whom was jailed for this crime was shall we say..... described as different...

No young female at that time would walk alone at night... they would be in groups as young girls...

Then when looking for something on this case I found this PDF....

Which makes me query even more what happened to this young girl.... especially this part: (cases both solved and unsolved)

So taking things literally helps sometimes... It means I therefore ignore the emotion and ask questions that some may deem inappropriate... that s all...

Edit... And another reason that ringing of bells spring to mind with cases.... Or coincidences shall we say... As I am thinking about this case of the young girl, I know her sister name was the same as Marcels ex wife... There's coincidence for you... well for me anyway... just rings a bell of interest... thats all...

When you say Jack the Ripper? Do you mean the Yorkshire Ripper?

I take it you must be male? I was a teenager in the 1980's and frequently walked to and from places on my own!

Never heard of Iris Zabrocki

None of this has anything to do with JY of course. A serial killer commits a 'series of murders' (hence the name) and uses the same MO each time. Is there some reason why you are unwilling to accept that VT is guilty even though even he isn't denying it?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3235 on: January 28, 2019, 09:02:01 PM »
Went to the website to see this FOI request:  The name of of young woman is spelt incorrectly.... Her name was Zabrocki... (could by spelt with a "Y" and not an "I") not Zabrock.... And her name was Iris....

Iris Zabrocki.....

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/murders_and_assaults_of_women_in#incoming-701228

I wonder why this person asked for this information??

Reasearch.

Offline [...]

« Reply #3237 on: January 28, 2019, 09:24:06 PM »
When you say Jack the Ripper? Do you mean the Yorkshire Ripper?

I take it you must be male? I was a teenager in the 1980's and frequently walked to and from places on my own!

Never heard of Iris Zabrocki

None of this has anything to do with JY of course. A serial killer commits a 'series of murders' (hence the name) and uses the same MO each time. Is there some reason why you are unwilling to accept that VT is guilty even though even he isn't denying it?

Yorkshire Ripper.... I meant..

I cannot know what you have heard about at anytime....

I am not saying it has anything to do with Joanna Yeates, as I do not understand The Joanna Yeates case...

Again... I do not know what this case is about... therefore, what I have stated  about said case I am not accepting until something else changes my mind....

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3238 on: January 28, 2019, 09:45:19 PM »
Yorkshire Ripper.... I meant..

I cannot know what you have heard about at anytime....

I am not saying it has anything to do with Joanna Yeates, as I do not understand The Joanna Yeates case...

Again... I do not know what this case is about... therefore, what I have stated  about said case I am not accepting until something else changes my mind....

You don't know what the case is about? It's about a woman who was murdered and the man who murdered her.

Offline [...]

« Reply #3239 on: January 28, 2019, 09:49:38 PM »
You don't know what the case is about? It's about a woman who was murdered and the man who murdered her.

Yes...... I know that is what we know

But like most things, there always more to something than meets the eye...