Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23070 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »
When Yvonne Martin hot footed down the coast to give her unsolicited assistance how did she know that assistance was required?

Len Port described the hive of activity that morning with the Portuguese police and their dogs searching for what I believe was still considered to be a child who woke and had wandered from her bed.

Without benefit of hindsight why did Yvonne Martin decide decide to fly solo and conduct what amounted to a criminal investigation before the police had decided what procedures to follow?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2018, 12:43:22 PM »
When Yvonne Martin hot footed down the coast to give her unsolicited assistance how did she know that assistance was required?

Len Port described the hive of activity that morning with the Portuguese police and their dogs searching for what I believe was still considered to be a child who woke and had wandered from her bed.

Without benefit of hindsight why did Yvonne Martin decide decide to fly solo and conduct what amounted to a criminal investigation before the police had decided what procedures to follow?

at about 07H00 she turned on the television and watched an English news channel (BBC or SKY NEWS) where she saw an appeal to British citizens on holiday in the Algarve to offer all possible support to a British couple who were on holiday in Praia da Luz and whose daughter, a child, had disappeared on May 03, 2007.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Sunny

« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2018, 01:06:20 PM »
If an English detective inspector had been holidaying a couple of miles down the coast what action do you think would have been dictated by dint of his/her desire to help using professional training?

Do you consider it would it have been appropriate for that person to approach witnesses waving a warrant card and attempt to interview them privately?

Of course not but as a social worker she would hope she could give some comfort to the parents in their distress. She spoke English so she would surely be preferable to a Portuguese person trying to assist them.

It does seem odd to me that the McCanns appeared to pick and choose who they wanted to help them in their time of need.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2018, 01:15:41 PM »
Of course not but as a social worker she would hope she could give some comfort to the parents in their distress. She spoke English so she would surely be preferable to a Portuguese person trying to assist them.

It does seem odd to me that the McCanns appeared to pick and choose who they wanted to help them in their time of need.

If a Portuguese child disappeared in the UK would you think it appropriate for a non English speaking Portuguese social worker who was on holiday here and was totally unknown to the Portuguese couple to rush in and start asking questions of an already distressed couple.
I don't believe the investigating police would allow such a situation. I M O
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2018, 01:17:03 PM »
If a Portuguese child disappeared in the UK would you think it appropriate for a non English speaking Portuguese social worker who was on holiday here and was totally unknown to the Portuguese couple to rush in and start asking questions of an already distressed couple.
I don't believe the investigating police would allow such a situation. I M O

Surely that is beside the point as she was pointed to the McCanns by the Portuguese Police.  As regards whether that would happen I have no idea.

So it is a moot point IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2018, 01:19:05 PM »

She went there in an official capacity and as far, as, I have seen a, social worker would be critical not supportive Re the childcare

Offline Sunny

« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2018, 01:22:21 PM »
She went there in an official capacity and as far, as, I have seen a, social worker would be critical not supportive Re the childcare

Do you have any evidence of Yvonne Martin being critical, or are you talking about social workers in general Davel?

I have already provided links which show how social works (in child protection) are supportive of families in distress.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
Do you have any evidence of Yvonne Martin being critical, or are you talking about social workers in general Davel?

I have already provided links which show how social works (in child protection) are supportive of families in distress.

Supportive of families  in distress... Not parents who have in some peoples eyes neglected children.. I've seen two opinions from social workers... One on this forum that others must have seen... And another personally... Both highly critical

Offline Erngath

« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2018, 01:25:50 PM »
Surely that is beside the point as she was pointed to the McCanns by the Portuguese Police.  As regards whether that would happen I have no idea.

So it is a moot point IMO.

I don't believe for one minute that it would be allowed and perhaps it was an error of judgement by the police in allowing a total stranger to approach hem
What on earth could she do to progress the investigation?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
Supportive of families  in distress... Not parents who have in some peoples eyes neglected children.. I've seen two opinions from social workers... One on this forum that others must have seen... And another personally... Both highly critical

Can you find the link to the critical social worker on her if possible Davel, although that is like saying all parents are negligent by looking at only a couple of them.    I obviously don't need a link to your personal circumstances regarding social workers
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:39:56 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »
I don't believe for one minute that it would be allowed and perhaps it was an error of judgement by the police in allowing a total stranger to approach hem
What on earth could she do to progress the investigation?

Was she there to progress the investigation or simply to help a couple in deep distress Erngath?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
Can you find the link to the critical social worker on her if possible Davel, although that is like saying all parents are negligent by looking at only a couple of them.    I obviously don't need a link to your personal circumstances regarding social workers although I can see why it may make you biased against them.

Isn't accusing someone of being biased against forum rules..
Why would me asking an acquaintance who was, a social worker her views on the McCann case make me biased?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:57:55 PM by John »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »
Was she there to progress the investigation or simply to help a couple in deep distress Erngath?

I have no idea of what her intentions were.
However when she became aware that they had the support of close friends, she should have withdrawn and left.
IMO.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
I have no idea of what her intentions were.
However when she became aware that they had the support of close friends, she should have withdrawn and left.
IMO.

I agree.  They obviously didn't need her help.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2018, 01:46:57 PM »
Can you find the link to the critical social worker on her if possible Davel, although that is like saying all parents are negligent by looking at only a couple of them.    I obviously don't need a link to your personal circumstances regarding social workers

I asked a social worker acquaintance, what she thought if the McCanns.... Her view was the twins should have been removed as soon as the plane landed fron portugal