Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23092 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2018, 07:59:04 PM »
Yes.  She asked if Gerry was Madeleine's father.  Blimmin cheek.

Pamela Fenn didn't know it was Gerry's daughter that was missing. The McCanns are very strange folk!

"She found it strange that Gerry when said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios." http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2018, 11:02:23 PM »
Pamela Fenn didn't know it was Gerry's daughter that was missing. The McCanns are very strange folk!

"She found it strange that Gerry when said that a girl had been abducted, he did not mention that it was his daughter and that he did not mention any other scenarios." http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

"The McCanns are very strange folk"
Whose quote is that?

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2018, 03:31:58 AM »
"The McCanns are very strange folk"
Whose quote is that?
It might be Yvonne Martin.  She would have been wondering why they didn't want her help.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2018, 09:02:43 AM »
It might be Yvonne Martin.  She would have been wondering why they didn't want her help.

To whom did she say that?

Or is the statement that the McCanns are very strange folk an opinion of Pathfinder. If so then he/she should say so.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2018, 11:02:32 AM »

I am still wondering why they didn't want her help, Rob.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2018, 11:11:00 AM »
I am still wondering why they didn't want her help, Rob.

I am still wondering what she could have done to help?
Did she speak Portuguese?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2018, 11:14:54 AM »
I am still wondering what she could have done to help?
Did she speak Portuguese?

Did that matter, she spoke English and that was all that was necessary for her to help IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2018, 11:17:29 AM »
Did that matter, she spoke English and that was all that was necessary for her to help IMO.

Really?
You don't believe that not speaking Portuguese would have made any help she could offer limited?
What was the help she could offer?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2018, 11:31:22 AM »

What do you think Yvonne Martin could have done?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2018, 12:36:58 PM »
To whom did she say that?

Or is the statement that the McCanns are very strange folk an opinion of Pathfinder. If so then he/she should say so.

It is mine! Couldn't even say it was his daughter that went missing. That's either distancing behaviour from the truth or very strange folk? Take your pick. The first officers on the scene questioned their mad praying no tears behaviour!

FB: And you can never have imagined, 10 years ago, that you would still be in this situation?

GM: I think the situation is that we tried everything in our power to not have a long protracted missing person case like this. (Kate and Gerry McCann Ten Year Interview)

1.  "Case": "Note next he does not say "Madeleine is missing" but de-personalizes Madeleine into a "case."  This is not expected by a biological father, no matter how much time has passed.  It is, however, expected by a biological father who has processed his daughter's death.  This allows the brain some protection by distancing, via depersonalization, what happened.  It is the language of parents who have lost children, for example, to illness. It helps to refer to them as a "case."

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2017/05/kate-and-gerry-mccann-ten-year-interview.html
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:48:09 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2018, 12:44:09 PM »
Oh well nailing my colours to the mast; the last thing I would want is the STASI bobbing up, like a KellyDoll, on mi doorstep while I am on holiday.

Thought for the day. How did she beam up so bleedin' fast ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2018, 12:53:47 PM »
I don't have any problem with her going to PDL, but wonder why she felt the need to bother.
She was on holiday and a fair distance away, so why not leave matters to those on the spot?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2018, 01:32:27 PM »
I don't have any problem with her going to PDL, but wonder why she felt the need to bother.
She was on holiday and a fair distance away, so why not leave matters to those on the spot?

We could start a good hare running here.....or sniff sniff, a Siberian Hamster  8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Sunny

« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
What do you think Yvonne Martin could have done?

I have already given two cites on this thread showing how she could have helped.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »
I have already given two cites on this thread showing how she could have helped.

I can remember you saying she could have provided comfort to them but they already had a group of friends, some close friends, who were quite capable of doing that?
What was the other cite?