Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23042 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2018, 10:25:27 PM »
I think you make an unpleasant inferrance there Brietta.  Yvonne Martin was simply going to help a family in distress.  Nothing more, nothing less IMO.  Yourself and others have inferred she went there to interrogate them rather than simply help as much as she can. To do this she of course would need to ask some questions first so as to find out the facts.

She appears to be one of the people who would cross the street to help someone in distress.   Some on here apparently seem to think being a good samaritan is never of any use, perhaps they would cross the street to avoid someone in need.

Just my opinion of course.

it is just your opinion ...and wrong,...imo...she obviously didnt seem to be a good samaritan in kates opinion..perhaps you should take your own advice and stop insulting those who support the mccanns

your post

Please will you stop insulting all people who don't believe everything that the mccanns have done, constantly.

that makes your post quite hypocritical

so if you had been there ...would you have been sympathetic towards the mccanns...been a good samaritan...because you seem far from sympathetic on this forum
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:42:44 PM by Davel »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2018, 11:06:35 PM »
it is just your opinion ...and wrong,...imo...she obviously didnt seem to be a good samaritan in kates opinion..perhaps you should take your own advice and stop insulting those who support the mccanns

your post

Please will you stop insulting all people who don't believe everything that the mccanns have done, constantly.

that makes your post quite hypocritical

so if you had been there ...would you have been sympathetic towards the mccanns...been a good samaritan...because you seem far from sympathetic on this forum

That is your opinion of course. Opinions can differ Davel.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline John

« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2018, 11:28:07 PM »
I know its the weekend so can we please avoid the usual conflicts.  Posts should be constructive but above all amiable. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2018, 11:37:39 PM »
Yes.  She asked if Gerry was Madeleine's father.  Blimmin cheek.

Surely it was relevant to exclude an abduction by her biological father, if it wasn’t Gerry ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2018, 11:44:50 PM »
I think you make an unpleasant inferrance there Brietta.  Yvonne Martin was simply going to help a family in distress.  Nothing more, nothing less IMO.  Yourself and others have inferred she went there to interrogate them rather than simply help as much as she can. To do this she of course would need to ask some questions first so as to find out the facts.

She appears to be one of the people who would cross the street to help someone in distress.   Some on here apparently seem to think being a good samaritan is never of any use, perhaps they would cross the street to avoid someone in need.

What on earth does anyone other than Yvonne Martin Martin know what motivated her to make the journey to Luz on the morning of 4th May?
You know absolutely nothing about her except what is recorded in the files.

She had no jurisdiction in Portugal and she had no business asking questions of anyone before the Policia Judiciaria did.

Please note the good Samaritan assisted a lone traveller in need of help ... the McCanns were surrounded by people they knew and trusted for support and her assistance was not required.

Had she really wished to help ... she could have joined a search party looking for Madeleine ... as volunteers and GNR who were still searching would no doubt have welcomed her contribution.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »
Surely it was relevant to exclude an abduction by her biological father, if it wasn’t Gerry ?
Gerry is Madeleine's father and that was a question which was none of the business of a holidaymaker but the business of the Policia Judiciaria.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2018, 11:58:37 PM »
Gerry is Madeleine's father and that was a question which was none of the business of a holidaymaker but the business of the Policia Judiciaria.

I assume Kate answered so she certainly wasn’t concerned that the question had been asked. In fact Kate seems not to have minded speaking to YM at all and it was only when DP intervened that she was shooed away.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2018, 12:37:57 AM »
I assume Kate answered so she certainly wasn’t concerned that the question had been asked. In fact Kate seems not to have minded speaking to YM at all and it was only when DP intervened that she was shooed away.
Snip
A middle-aged British woman lady suddenly materialized beside me and introduced herself.
She announced that she was, or had been, a social worker or child protection officer and insisted on showing me her professional papers, including, I think, her Criminal Records Bureau certificate.
She asked me to sit down on a low wall, plonked herself next to me and told me she wanted me to go through everything that had happened the previous night.
She was quite pushy and her manner, her very presence, were making me feel uncomfortable and adding to my distress.

David was standing nearby.
Concerned he took me aside and pointed out that we didn’t know who this woman was or what she was doing there. He reassured me that I wasn’t obliged to speak to her if I didn’t want to. And I didn’t want to.

Whoever she was, and whatever her credential were, it was an inappropriate intrusion.

And something about it, something about her, just didn’t feel right.

I was glad I extricated myself. This woman would pop up several times in the days and months to come and I still don’t really know who she is or what she was trying to achieve.Kate McCann

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10418.msg502017#msg502017

In her own words and unequivocally Kate wanted nothing to do with this stranger's intrusion into her trauma.

She had the right to decide to whom she wished to speak or not ... if someone makes you feel uncomfortable don't you think you have the right to walk away?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2018, 06:24:51 AM »

If only she hadn't sent that anonymous letter then I just might have agreed with you.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2018, 06:27:52 AM »

At that stage of the investigation with The Police already there?  And as if this hadn't already occurred to Kate and Gerry?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2018, 07:46:42 AM »
so which is more effective....Gerry searching...or SY investigating
Gerry searching does not preclude SY investigating.  Or vice-versa.
What's up, old man?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2018, 07:56:10 AM »

I do wish that someone would come up with a sensible and logical way in which Gerry or Kate could search.  It just isn't feasible, and apart from the first hours it never has been.

Rambling on about it without any suggestions is pointless and unkind.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
I do wish that someone would come up with a sensible and logical way in which Gerry or Kate could search.  It just isn't feasible, and apart from the first hours it never has been.

Rambling on about it without any suggestions is pointless and unkind.

... and deliberately overlooks the fact of what they have been doing for over the past eleven years including keeping at it like terriers until the authorities in England and Portugal had no alternative but to review Madeleine's case.

If that's not searching I don't know what is.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »
Gerry searching does not preclude SY investigating.  Or vice-versa.

So how do you suggest Gerry searches ...how would Gerry be received if he popped over to Luz and, started asking people questions
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 09:13:09 AM by Davel »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2018, 09:21:16 AM »
So how do you suggest Gerry searches ...how would Gerry be received if he popped over to Luz and, started asking people questions

This would never have been allowed.