Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23044 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2018, 09:33:15 AM »
So how do you suggest Gerry searches ...how would Gerry be received if he popped over to Luz and, started asking people questions
To be effective in Portugal he would need to learn Portuguese as well.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2018, 10:08:03 AM »
Snip
A middle-aged British woman lady suddenly materialized beside me and introduced herself.
She announced that she was, or had been, a social worker or child protection officer and insisted on showing me her professional papers, including, I think, her Criminal Records Bureau certificate.
She asked me to sit down on a low wall, plonked herself next to me and told me she wanted me to go through everything that had happened the previous night.
She was quite pushy and her manner, her very presence, were making me feel uncomfortable and adding to my distress.

David was standing nearby.
Concerned he took me aside and pointed out that we didn’t know who this woman was or what she was doing there. He reassured me that I wasn’t obliged to speak to her if I didn’t want to. And I didn’t want to.

Whoever she was, and whatever her credential were, it was an inappropriate intrusion.

And something about it, something about her, just didn’t feel right.

I was glad I extricated myself. This woman would pop up several times in the days and months to come and I still don’t really know who she is or what she was trying to achieve.Kate McCann

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10418.msg502017#msg502017

In her own words and unequivocally Kate wanted nothing to do with this stranger's intrusion into her trauma.

She had the right to decide to whom she wished to speak or not ... if someone makes you feel uncomfortable don't you think you have the right to walk away?

The usual McCann MO, retrofitting around facts discovered at a later date.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »
to suggest gerry takes part in a personal search is ridiculous imo....

Why?  Is it beneath him (oops...an unintentional pun)
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2018, 11:55:56 AM »
so which is more effective....Gerry searching...or SY investigating

The latter came up dry while the former never did try.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2018, 11:58:37 AM »
Snip
A middle-aged British woman lady suddenly materialized beside me and introduced herself.
She announced that she was, or had been, a social worker or child protection officer and insisted on showing me her professional papers, including, I think, her Criminal Records Bureau certificate.
She asked me to sit down on a low wall, plonked herself next to me and told me she wanted me to go through everything that had happened the previous night.
She was quite pushy and her manner, her very presence, were making me feel uncomfortable and adding to my distress.

Concerned he took me aside and pointed out that we didn’t know who this woman was or what she was doing there. He reassured me that I wasn’t obliged to speak to her if I didn’t want to. And I didn’t want to.

Whoever she was, and whatever her credential were, it was an inappropriate intrusion.

I was glad I extricated myself. This woman would pop up several times in the days and months to come and I still don’t really know who she is or what she was trying to achieve.Kate McCann

In her own words and unequivocally Kate wanted nothing to do with this stranger's intrusion into her trauma.

She had the right to decide to whom she wished to speak or not ... if someone makes you feel uncomfortable don't you think you have the right to walk away?

Sounds suspicious to me.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2018, 12:00:57 PM »
Sounds suspicious to me.

And to me to Angelo..    As I have said before the McCanns appeared to chose who they wanted to help them and not accept all help as it was offered. That raises a question in my mind.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2018, 12:03:19 PM »
I do wish that someone would come up with a sensible and logical way in which Gerry or Kate could search.  It just isn't feasible, and apart from the first hours it never has been.

Rambling on about it without any suggestions is pointless and unkind.

There's plenty of ways they can 'search' for missing Maddie which doesn't involve looking in gardens or disused wells etc...  The point which appears to be lost on some is that they haven't effing bothered.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2018, 12:05:38 PM »
And to me to Angelo..    As I have said before the McCanns appeared to chose who they wanted to help them and not accept all help as it was offered. That raises a question in my mind.

Thus why it was little wonder that the parents rose to the top of the suspects list.  Yvonne Martin chose to give up her own free time and go to Luz in order to help but she was rebuffed out of hand.  I can only think of one reason why the seemingly distraught parents of a newly missing child would shun her help.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:08:07 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2018, 12:09:54 PM »
So how do you suggest Gerry searches ...how would Gerry be received if he popped over to Luz and, started asking people questions

It's a nonsensical idea.
And if it is correct that and Kate and he are despised by the Portuguese, he is unlikely to receive any assistance from anyone.
I've yet to read any sensible Idea from sceptics as to where he should begin this search.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:28:07 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2018, 12:11:14 PM »
There's plenty of ways they can 'search' for missing Maddie which doesn't involve looking in gardens or disused wells etc...  The point which appears to be lost on some is that they haven't effing bothered.

What ways?  You don't actually mention that.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2018, 12:14:02 PM »
Snip

Of course they were correct not to continue any conversation with her.
It was a matter for the police, not her.
What on earth was she going to do to help?
She couldn't speak Portuguese,.
It's utter nonsense to suggest she could offer any help except to wish them well.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2018, 12:22:58 PM »
Of course they were correct not to continue any conversation with her.
It was a matter for the police, not her.
What on earth was she going to do to help?
She couldn't speak Portuguese,.
It's utter nonsense to suggest she could offer any help except to wish them well.

Her visit doesn't really make much sense to me.  No one knew what was going on, and The Police were investigating, so why did she think being a Social Worker was going to help?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2018, 12:37:23 PM »

Perhaps he would have been better searching on the night she went missing rather than staying in their new flat attempting to sleep. Who knows he may have found her.

I am still surprised that every supporter on here doesn't see why Yvonne Martin went to the McCanns aid.. It was her job to help families in need, not just remove children from families.   
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2018, 12:42:00 PM »
Perhaps he would have been better searching on the night she went missing rather than staying in their new flat attempting to sleep. Who knows he may have found her.

I am still surprised that every supporter on here doesn't see why Yvonne Martin went to the McCanns aid.. It was her job to help families in need, not just remove children from families.

Gerry slept for about two hours that night, if that.  And it was pitch dark.  There was no one else out there searching because they were waiting until daylight.

Actually it was in David Payne's flat I believe.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

I can see why she went but when she saw that they had the support of their close friends, she should have left her name in case they chose to contact her, wished them well and left!