Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23039 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2018, 10:09:03 AM »
As it stands he spoke to Gerry McCann between 8.45 and 9.15. As such, there is no independent witness to the time of Gerry's  presence near 5A.

I’d bet my house on it being nearer 9 than 9.15pm.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2018, 06:33:17 PM »
I’d bet my house on it being nearer 9 than 9.15pm.
So where did Jez Wilkins go for the half hour after the encounter?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2018, 06:44:03 PM »
So where did Jez Wilkins go for the half hour after the encounter?

Half hour ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »
Half hour ?
What time does Bridget say he arrived home?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »
What time does Bridget say he arrived home?

Her official testimony is missing that information. In December 2007, for no apparent reason, she wrote a piece for
The Guardian. In it she says Jes arrived home at 9.30 pm. What she doesn't say is that he was on his way back when he met Gerry McCann. In fact she mentions that meeting just after mentioning the time Jes went out;

Our baby would not sleep and at about 8.30pm, Jes took him out for a walk in the buggy to settle him. Gerry was on his way back from checking on his children and the two men stopped to have a chat.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:30 PM »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2018, 11:15:00 PM »
Yes half hour.

Not according to any of Wilkins or his partner’s statements.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2018, 11:16:12 PM »
Not according to any of Wilkins or his partner’s statements.
What does his partner’s statement say then?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2018, 11:17:42 PM »
What does his partner’s statement say then?

You’ve read it.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2018, 06:49:20 AM »
You’ve read it.
No I haven’t. I’ve read some second hand report which doesn’t quote either of them directly and I’ve also read her own account, in her own words.  Which is more reliable in your estimation?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2018, 10:18:39 AM »
No I haven’t. I’ve read some second hand report which doesn’t quote either of them directly and I’ve also read her own account, in her own words.  Which is more reliable in your estimation?

The statement taken nearest to the events.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2018, 10:48:24 AM »
We can't turn the clock back and start again.  Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  b....r!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2018, 11:15:31 AM »
We can't turn the clock back and start again.  Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  b....r!

Personal choice.  Kate didn't want her there asking impertinent questions when she was clearly distressed.  And what did Yvonne Martin think she could do anyway?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »
Personal choice.  Kate didn't want her there asking impertinent questions when she was clearly distressed.  And what did Yvonne Martin think she could do anyway?

Perhaps you had better ask Ms Martin yourself as my cites of what social workers do to help people in distress clearly haven't been read by yourself.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
The statement taken nearest to the events.
by a matter of a few weeks.  I take it you therefore reject Bridget’s first hand account in your its entirety in favour of the rather more vague second hand account.