Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23044 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »
Personal choice.  Kate didn't want her there asking impertinent questions when she was clearly distressed.  And what did Yvonne Martin think she could do anyway?

She thought she could use her expertise as a child protection social worker and help parents in crisis.  She probably had a lot of experience of people in crisis, far more than the McCanns friends etc.  These people though turned her away.    I still find that odd.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2018, 04:18:56 PM »
She thought she could use her expertise as a child protection social worker and help parents in crisis.  She probably had a lot of experience of people in crisis, far more than the McCanns friends etc.  These people though turned her away.    I still find that odd.
How was she to do that given that she had no jurisdiction in Portugal?  I would like an answer to that.

She evidenced how entirely unsuited she was to "help parents in crisis" when she upset the mother of the missing child even more than she already was.  In what way do you think that was helping?  I would like you to answer that too.

I find Yvonne Martin's behaviour odd in the extreme particularly as I find her recourse to poison pen writing amongst the most unprofessional course of action to take in any circumstances that I have heard of.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
How was she to do that given that she had no jurisdiction in Portugal?  I would like an answer to that.

She evidenced how entirely unsuited she was to "help parents in crisis" when she upset the mother of the missing child even more than she already was.  In what way do you think that was helping?  I would like you to answer that too.

I find Yvonne Martin's behaviour odd in the extreme particularly as I find her recourse to poison pen writing one of the most unprofessional course of action to take in any circumstances that I have heard of.

She spoke English as did the McCanns so she could give them information on what would happen in the UK and what best for them to do regarding the twins.  She may have asked questions at the start as she would need to know whether there was an absent father who may have abducted Madeleine before she could help.

In her words

Having worked for 25 years in the area of child protection, she felt obliged to offer help to her compatriots and went to Praia da Luz.

She didn't write a poison pen letter she simply expressed concerns regarding one of the McCanns friends and chose to remain anonymous.   She only did this because she was sent away for no reason and had concerns about this person.  W

Again from her statement.

She says that about two weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, when the police made an appeal for information about a man, carrying a child, who had been seen in the Luz zone, and whose clothing was described, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police, telling them the following: : regarding the various details she observed during her contact with the McCanns it is her opinion that they could be in some way involved in the disappearance of Madeleine.

She first found them aggressive and their reaction after she showed Madeleine's parents her credentials, also seemed strange to her. Afterwards she was informed that there were no signs of a break-in in the apartment. Knowing that they are doctors she found it absolutely abnormal that they left their children alone at home. Associating all of this with her professional experience, which tells her that in 99.99 % of missing children cases, the parents or other family members are involved, she felt it was her duty to inform the police of this.

As I have said before I don't understand why they sent her away and I don't understand why there were choosy who they received help from.

All IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »
She spoke English as did the McCanns so she could give them information on what would happen in the UK and what best for them to do regarding the twins.  She may have asked questions at the start as she would need to know whether there was an absent father who may have abducted Madeleine before she could help.

In her words

Having worked for 25 years in the area of child protection, she felt obliged to offer help to her compatriots and went to Praia da Luz.

She didn't write a poison pen letter she simply expressed concerns regarding one of the McCanns friends and chose to remain anonymous.   She only did this because she was sent away for no reason and had concerns about this person.  W

Again from her statement.

She says that about two weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, when the police made an appeal for information about a man, carrying a child, who had been seen in the Luz zone, and whose clothing was described, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police, telling them the following: : regarding the various details she observed during her contact with the McCanns it is her opinion that they could be in some way involved in the disappearance of Madeleine.

She first found them aggressive and their reaction after she showed Madeleine's parents her credentials, also seemed strange to her. Afterwards she was informed that there were no signs of a break-in in the apartment. Knowing that they are doctors she found it absolutely abnormal that they left their children alone at home. Associating all of this with her professional experience, which tells her that in 99.99 % of missing children cases, the parents or other family members are involved, she felt it was her duty to inform the police of this.

As I have said before I don't understand why they sent her away and I don't understand why there were choosy who they received help from.

All IMO.

You've posted this or something similar before and it goes nowhere near answering my two questions.

Yvonne Martin's narrative of her motivation is immaterial to both.

• Yvonne Martin was an English individual.  Any qualification she claimed to possess was an English one and unless you can provide evidence to the contrary neither qualified her to practice outwith boundaries and protocols in England and she most certainly had no jurisdiction to practice on foreign soil.

My question to you was ...
    "How was she to do that given that she had no jurisdiction in Portugal?"
  • My second question to you was ...
    "In what way do you think that was helping? (distressed parents)

You haven't half jumped the gun on that one.
    They didn't need an interfering busybody delving into their privacy with reference to England!  They were in a Portuguese jurisdiction where a non Portuguese speaker hanger on would only have been extra baggage.

It was absolutely none of her business whether or not there was some sort of custody dispute going on with fictional and a measure of her professional incompetence can surely be gauged from the harm and distress caused by her unwarranted intrusion into events which were none of her concern

For information ...

Poison pen letter ...
noun ... an anonymous letter that is libellous, abusive, or malicious.
Bearing in mind that Sally Bercow is testimony to innuendo being libellous.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2018, 05:51:58 PM »

Snip

How many marks out of ten do you think she deserves for her alleged role in helping distressed parents when considering the headlines in the Portuguese press stating her question as fact? 

I would call it an abject fail.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2018, 06:00:00 PM »
by a matter of a few weeks.  I take it you therefore reject Bridget’s first hand account in your its entirety in favour of the rather more vague second hand account.

According to Gerry Jez and he took part in a chat around 9.10 for a few minutes. If Bridget is correct why did it take her husband over 15 minutes to travel a few metres ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »
According to Gerry Jez and he took part in a chat around 9.10 for a few minutes. If Bridget is correct why did it take her husband over 15 minutes to travel a few metres ?
Bridget wrote that “Jes returned to our apartment just before 9.30pm” so not on the dot of 9.30.  You would have him arriving back at their apartment at leat 20 minutes earlier than she remembered, who is better placed to know what time her husband returned?  You or her?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »
Bridget wrote that “Jes returned to our apartment just before 9.30pm” so not on the dot of 9.30.  You would have him arriving back at their apartment at leat 20 minutes earlier than she remembered, who is better placed to know what time her husband returned?  You or her?

10, 15 minutes. It’s still a long time to walk a few meters.

I can’t believe Bridget had any reason to remember exactly when her husband returned.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2018, 06:29:03 PM »
10, 15 minutes. It’s still a long time to walk a few meters.

I can’t believe Bridget had any reason to remember exactly when her husband returned.
Fine.  Stick with your own  timeline then, you obviously know better than her - she was only there after all, it was only her husband, her kid, of course you would be the much better judge of what happened when. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2018, 06:37:35 PM »
Fine.  Stick with your own  timeline then, you obviously know better than her - she was only there after all, it was only her husband, her kid, of course you would be the much better judge of what happened when.

Then tell me how it took 10 or 15 minutes to travel a few a few metres ?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
You've posted this or something similar before and it goes nowhere near answering my two questions.

Yvonne Martin's narrative of her motivation is immaterial to both.

• Yvonne Martin was an English individual.  Any qualification she claimed to possess was an English one and unless you can provide evidence to the contrary neither qualified her to practice outwith boundaries and protocols in England and she most certainly had no jurisdiction to practice on foreign soil.

My question to you was ...
    "How was she to do that given that she had no jurisdiction in Portugal?"
  • My second question to you was ...
    "In what way do you think that was helping? (distressed parents)

You haven't half jumped the gun on that one.
    They didn't need an interfering busybody delving into their privacy with reference to England!  They were in a Portuguese jurisdiction where a non Portuguese speaker hanger on would only have been extra baggage.

It was absolutely none of her business whether or not there was some sort of custody dispute going on with fictional and a measure of her professional incompetence can surely be gauged from the harm and distress caused by her unwarranted intrusion into events which were none of her concern

For information ...

Poison pen letter ...
noun ... an anonymous letter that is libellous, abusive, or malicious.
Bearing in mind that Sally Bercow is testimony to innuendo being libellous.

I pretty much disagree with everything you have written, but I am leaving it at that now.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
How many marks out of ten do you think she deserves for her alleged role in helping distressed parents when considering the headlines in the Portuguese press stating her question as fact? 

I would call it an abject fail.
More than one person can ask the same question.  They are not related.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »

I pretty much disagree with everything you have written, but I am leaving it at that now.

I know you disagree with the content of my posts ... perhaps that is because you are having difficulty refuting any of it?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »
I know you disagree with the content of my posts ... perhaps that is because you are having difficulty refuting any of it?

Or perhaps I cannot be bothered as it is pointless trying to discuss this.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2018, 08:43:33 PM »
Then tell me how it took 10 or 15 minutes to travel a few a few metres ?
Who said he only traveled a few metres after leaving Gerry?  What time did he say he left Gerry?