Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23059 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2018, 08:50:59 PM »
Who said he only traveled a few metres after leaving Gerry?  What time did he say he left Gerry?

Isn’t it the case that Jez went home ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »
Isn’t it the case that Jez went home ?
yes, he returned home just before 9.30 pm, according to his wife.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #317 on: November 21, 2018, 09:11:50 PM »
yes, he returned home just before 9.30 pm, according to his wife.

So where was he for 10 to 15 minutes ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline jassi

« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »
Did he perhaps meet with Gerry rather later than he thought ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2018, 09:18:15 PM »
Did he perhaps meet with Gerry rather later than he thought ?

It was the Tapas timeline.

Offline jassi

« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2018, 09:19:26 PM »
It was the Tapas timeline.

'Nuff said then.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #321 on: November 21, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »
So where was he for 10 to 15 minutes ?
Having a couple of crafty ciggies I bet.  8(0(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #322 on: November 21, 2018, 10:25:49 PM »

He was a cheapskate then.
A Churchmans No1 lasted for 15 minutes.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Just+enough+time+for+a+churchmans+no1&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=O4zerVydrKIUHM%253A%252CMk7UGKBKlHXTaM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kQ6JuyYh4k[Name removed]m3BonSzmblzs6T-Sw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjg3Jemw-beAhVCVsAKHcgUCWoQ9QEwAnoECAYQCA#imgdii=5ut57b-TZNdFQM:&imgrc=ZGy7vXOJeN_VhM:
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2018, 09:45:30 AM »
You've posted this or something similar before and it goes nowhere near answering my two questions.

Yvonne Martin's narrative of her motivation is immaterial to both.

• Yvonne Martin was an English individual.  Any qualification she claimed to possess was an English one and unless you can provide evidence to the contrary neither qualified her to practice outwith boundaries and protocols in England and she most certainly had no jurisdiction to practice on foreign soil.

My question to you was ...
    "How was she to do that given that she had no jurisdiction in Portugal?"
  • My second question to you was ...
    "In what way do you think that was helping? (distressed parents)

You haven't half jumped the gun on that one.
    They didn't need an interfering busybody delving into their privacy with reference to England!  They were in a Portuguese jurisdiction where a non Portuguese speaker hanger on would only have been extra baggage.

It was absolutely none of her business whether or not there was some sort of custody dispute going on with fictional and a measure of her professional incompetence can surely be gauged from the harm and distress caused by her unwarranted intrusion into events which were none of her concern

For information ...

Poison pen letter ...
noun ... an anonymous letter that is libellous, abusive, or malicious.
Bearing in mind that Sally Bercow is testimony to innuendo being libellous.

Anonymous tip offs to the police cannot be libellous.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
Back in England (or UK) where Yvonne has the jurisdiction what would the process be?  Could a social worker just step in? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #325 on: November 22, 2018, 10:04:53 AM »
Back in England (or UK) where Yvonne has the jurisdiction what would the process be?  Could a social worker just step in?

No.  There is a process.  No Social Worker would ever just turn up at the start of an investigation.  Why would or should they?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »

Jez himself has claimed in his rogatory statement that it is possible that his chat with Gerry could have happened as early as 8.45

Q. Relative to the time I met Gerry McCann on the Thursday night of May 3, 2007;
As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.

Therefore it appears Jez does not rule out a much earlier chat with Gerry than Gerry claimed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:13:43 AM by Faithlilly »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #327 on: November 22, 2018, 10:12:11 AM »
No.  There is a process.  No Social Worker would ever just turn up at the start of an investigation.  Why would or should they?
If the police had suspicions that the missing child is missing due to some actions of the parents surely someone would be concerned for the safety of the other kids.  Urgency seems important too IMO.  The parents are rightly suspects and have to be eliminated, so if that is the case what about the other kids.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2018, 10:15:44 AM »
If the police had suspicions that the missing child is missing due to some actions of the parents surely someone would be concerned for the safety of the other kids.  Urgency seems important too IMO.  The parents are rightly suspects and have to be eliminated, so if that is the case what about the other kids.

Some ten hours after the event and overnight, when The McCanns hadn't even been interviewed?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2018, 10:19:14 AM »
Jez himself has claimed in his rogatory statement that it is possible that his chat with Gerry could have happened as early as 8.45

Q. Relative to the time I met Gerry McCann on the Thursday night of May 3, 2007;
As stated in my original deposition, I believe that I left the apartment around 20h30. I calculate that I met Gerry on the road between 20h45 and 21h15. I am aware of the importance of this hour and am also aware that the media announced our meeting time as 21h05. Even if this were correct, I have no idea from where such information originated. It is not possible to give you a more exact time.

Therefore it appears Jez does not rule out an much earlier chat with Gerry than Gerry claimed.
Doesn't that make the need for Jez to provide an alibi even more essential.  If Jez talked to Gerry at 20h45 and then went home but arrived there 21.30 he then has a full 45 minutes he is not accounted for.

Yvonne could have interviewed Jez and Bridget after the McCanns had she been allowed to stay.
Moderation