Author Topic: How to stop quotes disappearing.  (Read 760 times)

Offline Robittybob1

How to stop quotes disappearing.
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:35:31 PM »
There are many ways of presenting quotes.  Let's see if the best method can be determined.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: How to stop quotes disappearing.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 10:38:10 PM »
There are many ways of presenting quotes.  Let's see if the best method can be determined.

This quote was generated by hitting the quote button near the top of the post being quoted.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »

if I write "[ quote] ......[ /quote]" without the extra space inside the brackets the row of dots will be quoted

"
"
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:44:17 PM »
if I write "[ quote] ......[ /quote]" without the extra space inside the brackets the row of dots will be quoted

""
And when I quote that the bit on the quote box will disappear. as seen here  (it was originally between the quotation marks).
To stop that happening stop using meta-tags [] and [/] for quotes just type "Quote" if you have to define the bit you are quoting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:53:23 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation