Author Topic: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?  (Read 40192 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Is this another example of a potentially crucial error by the VRD handler?
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »
I wonder why it was felt necessary  to video the dog searches

So the investigation team could review it naturally.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »
I've always found it strange that what could be evidence in any forthcoming criminal charges could be available for public viewing.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »
I've always found it strange that what could be evidence in any forthcoming criminal charges could be available for public viewing.

I suppose it's because any trial would take place before professional judges, rather than amateur jurists.
Maybe it's also a recognition that any trial wouldn't be based solely on any evidence so far revealed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »
So the investigation team could review it naturally.

What do they need to review.... It would have been far more beneficial  to have recorded  the statements of the McCann's and tapas.... The video... IMO... Was made to use as a promotional film for Grimes new business.... As it was

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2018, 08:09:23 PM »
I suppose it's because any trial would take place before professional judges, rather than amateur jurists.
Maybe it's also a recognition that any trial wouldn't be based solely on any evidence so far revealed.

Yes of course.... The latest sceptic conspiracy.... It seems it's become a proven fact that there is compelling hidden evidence we know nothing about... Sounds a bit barmy to me

Offline Sunny

« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2018, 08:21:58 PM »
What do they need to review.... It would have been far more beneficial  to have recorded  the statements of the McCann's and tapas.... The video... IMO... Was made to use as a promotional film for Grimes new business.... As it was

So you are saying that the video was made as a promotional tool for Martin Grime's business Davel. Do you have a cite for that?  I see the IMO but the "....As it was" contradicts your IMO, in my opinion.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »
So you are saying that the video was made as a promotional tool for Martin Grime's business Davel. Do you have a cite for that?  I see the IMO but the "....As it was" contradicts your IMO, in my opinion.

Grime used it as a promotional video to tout his services for the Jersey case
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7855.75
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:48:38 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »
Grime made a presentation, showing him [Harper] a video of the dog finding the "scent of death" in Kate and Gerry McCann's car,' the detective said.

Eddie the sniffer dog - the animal that had supposedly found the 'scent of death' in the Portuguese flat where Madeleine McCann disappeared - no longer had a licence for UK police forensic work when Harper started using him in Jersey. Eddie, whose owner, Martin Grime, was paid £93,600 for less than five months' work, triggered the first excavations by barking at a spot where Harper's team then unearthed what was claimed to be part of a child's skull. In fact, as a Kew Gardens expert has now confirmed, it was a piece of coconut shell.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217863/Bungled-Jersey-child-abuse-probe-branded-20million-shambles.html

Offline misty

« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2018, 10:00:55 PM »
Grime used it as a promotional video to tout his services for the Jersey case
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7855.75

There was no need for him to do so if full training records were available & the NPIA could access police videos of his dogs in action in previous UK cases. IMO.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2018, 10:11:06 PM »
There was no need for him to do so if full training records were available & the NPIA could access police videos of his dogs in action in previous UK cases. IMO.

Grime did it so he must have felt it was necessary..... Using videos in this manner to promote  a business suggests a conflict of interests  imo

Offline misty

« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2018, 10:21:17 PM »
Grime did it so he must have felt it was necessary..... Using videos in this manner to promote  a business suggests a conflict of interests  imo

I find it strange that Grime apparently wanted copyright of any data pertaining to the dogs in Jersey to become the property of the (very recently deceased) CC of GMP.

https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocuments/Government%20and%20administration/R%20Operation%20Rectangle%20review%20of%20the%20efficient%20and%20effective%20use%20of%20resources%20201005%20BDO%20Alto.pdf

Page 38 snipped

It was not until 25 March 2008, thirty seven days into his
deployment, that a draft written contract was sent via e-mail by Mr
Grime to FSM Coupland. This document (i) omitted the dates of
agreed deployment; (ii) stated that remuneration for the first five
days of the deployment would be £750 per day and £600 per day
thereafter – although a subsequent clause stated that non-UK
mainland daily rates would be negotiated separately; (iii) stated
that the copyright of ‘all data and information provided’ would rest
with the ‘Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police’ (sic); and
(iv) was never signed either by Mr Grime or by a representative of
the States of Jersey Police.
ƒ It is worth stating at this point that the NPIA ‘Practice Advice on
the Management of Expert Advisers’ already referred to,
recommends in Section 3 (headed ‘Your Responsibilities’) that
expert advisors are provided with terms of reference and a contract
before work begins (our emphasis).
ƒ

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2018, 11:09:25 PM »
I think the PJ suspected they would rub the McCanns noses in the video of the cadaver dogs barking in their apartment.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:18:12 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2018, 11:17:15 PM »
Grime said 'strong scenting'. It's not just where the dog's nose is that matters, it's when he's using it. The handler watches and listens, because a dog which is scenting strongly can be heard sniffing.

what I saw was that approximately in the centre of the wall where the window is, just along the tile area between the tiles and the wall, he's been scenting there a lot stronger than he has anywhere else and the when he's gone out there the second time he has decided yes that's what I'm looking for and that's when he has given me the bark indication.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

The second time Eddie went behind the sofa he bypassed the centre of the wall completely without making any sniffing noises.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
The second time Eddie went behind the sofa he bypassed the centre of the wall completely without making any sniffing noises.
Eddie is not a machine, he is a conscious being having to make an important decision.  To bark or not to bark that is the question.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2018, 11:25:58 PM »
Eddie is not a machine, he is a conscious being having to make an important decision.  To bark or not to bark that is the question.

It's equally important for the handler to be sure exactly what the dog is alerting to. Who'd want to be stopped at the airport by a narcotics dog handler whose canine barked somewhere near them when they were standing in a queue of people?