Author Topic: 2019.  (Read 14121 times)

Offline Eleanor

« on: January 03, 2019, 06:23:44 PM »

Does anyone think that there might be a Resolution this year?

Madeleine will be 16 years old, if she is still alive.  Could this change things?

Offline jassi

Re: 2019.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:57:29 PM »
Anything is possible, but I don't see the significance of her possible being sixteen.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »
Anything is possible, but I don't see the significance of her possible being sixteen.

Only Madeleine's permission would be required to do a DNA Test.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
Only Madeleine's permission would be required to do a DNA Test.

I'm sure that is not universally true throughout the world.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 07:03:47 PM »
I'm sure that is not universally true throughout the world.

Do you know where it would not be true?  This might help.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 07:08:41 PM »
No, but I can give you this link to age of majority - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 08:18:05 PM »
Does anyone think that there might be a Resolution this year?

Madeleine will be 16 years old, if she is still alive.  Could this change things?

I think the one thing we can surmise in the absence of any information to the contrary is that there is still some mileage in the investigation into Madeleine's investigation.

There are also more and more areas of the world where indigenous security forces cannot operate without enormous risk and where it is next to impossible to apprehend suspected wrongdoers or repatriate their victims.

If Madeleine is known to be alive it could be a very convoluted process to get her back without compromising her safety, or even if it is possible to negotiate for her.

In too many of the countries to which I refer women of any age have no rights.  Therefore if reaching her majority enabled Madeleine to exercise her rights ... that would I think, indicate that she was already in a country with laws which would enable her to be accessed lawfully could be applied.

I think her whereabouts are either known or strongly suspected but they just cannot get to her.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 10:45:12 PM »
I think the one thing we can surmise in the absence of any information to the contrary is that there is still some mileage in the investigation into Madeleine's investigation.

There are also more and more areas of the world where indigenous security forces cannot operate without enormous risk and where it is next to impossible to apprehend suspected wrongdoers or repatriate their victims.

If Madeleine is known to be alive it could be a very convoluted process to get her back without compromising her safety, or even if it is possible to negotiate for her.

In too many of the countries to which I refer women of any age have no rights.  Therefore if reaching her majority enabled Madeleine to exercise her rights ... that would I think, indicate that she was already in a country with laws which would enable her to be accessed lawfully could be applied.

I think her whereabouts are either known or strongly suspected but they just cannot get to her.

OG haven’t issued a photo fit in over 5 years. Neither have they made any requests for information. That suggests to me that they are working on the premise that she is no longer alive.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »
OG haven’t issued a photo fit in over 5 years. Neither have they made any requests for information. That suggests to me that they are working on the premise that she is no longer alive.

I am presuming you are referring to updated images of Madeleine and not to photo fits of suspects.

You seem to go for the pessimism of the half empty glass ...

If investigators know where Madeleine is ... what would be the necessity to commission and issue age progressed images of her or photo fits of suspects holding her?

Since no information has been given regarding Madeleine's status either way ... my preference is for the optimism of the half full glass.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 11:46:10 PM »
I am presuming you are referring to updated images of Madeleine and not to photo fits of suspects.

You seem to go for the pessimism of the half empty glass ...

If investigators know where Madeleine is ... what would be the necessity to commission and issue age progressed images of her or photo fits of suspects holding her?

Since no information has been given regarding Madeleine's status either way ... my preference is for the optimism of the half full glass.

And that is your prerogative. I, however, prefer to be more realistic.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 11:47:31 PM »
And that is your prerogative. I, however, prefer to be more realistic.
Says the woman with a most unrealistic theory as to what happened that night.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 09:58:45 AM »

I am thinking on the assumption that up until a certain age, parents have a right to refuse a DNA Test.

Also that you cannot simply go and snatch a child from the streets without proof.  DNA obtained by stealth wouldn't do because there would be no chain of evidence.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 11:37:59 AM »
As I have said before, if OG have hard evidence most foreign police forces would investigate if requested. Clandestinely approaching a young person to give DNA without her family's knowledge and approval is beyond the pale in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
As I have said before, if OG have hard evidence most foreign police forces would investigate if requested. Clandestinely approaching a young person to give DNA without her family's knowledge and approval is beyond the pale in my opinion.
What if they're not her family though?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 12:00:15 PM »
What if they're not her family though?

That would have to be proved before the DNA could be taken. Until then, they would be assumed to be the parents.

Sounds like Catch 22

Or maybe not -